The US policing crisis thread

Started by Eamonnca1, April 28, 2015, 07:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

It seems that the officers are being charged in this case
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/01/us/freddie-gray-baltimore-death/index.html

police forces have to held to the proper standard of law, even if there are dealing with less than model citizens.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

J70

Quote from: whitey on May 01, 2015, 07:10:28 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 01, 2015, 07:08:55 PM
Quote from: whitey on May 01, 2015, 07:02:48 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on May 01, 2015, 06:45:25 PM
I haven't been in the US since 97 but I don't think any of those crimes warrant a death sentence?

At least with an execution, you don't linger with a broken back.

Never mind the blatant racism on this thread, the pure callous indifference to the suffering of others is disgraceful. I know it's fun, but just because you're behind a keyboard, there is no need to let your inner sociopath out to play.

A man - MAN in case you were mistaken that it was some poor beast - went into a police van whole, for a minor offense, and came out with his spine snapped. There would be more humanity shown to a dog on the street than he got, either there or here on this board.

And as for the poisonous rationalizations "Well if he was shot by a drug gang, yadda, yadda, yadda..." I would hope that as citizens of such a freedom loving country, you would hold your constabulary to higher standards than gang bangers. The reason some policemen are heroes is that they recognise that higher standard, espouse that standard, live that standard. But it seems to me in the rush to isolate the "Other" in US society, everyone in blue becomes a hero in the fight against this nebulous "Other" - gang members, blacks, terrorists, Muslims, gays, liberals - and the medals are pinned on chests without being earned.

Now you have an entire institutional wing of the state (police forces in the US) incapable of gaining or keeping the trust of a sizable minority, whilst they are applauded for things they have not done and do not represent.

Whilst an entire generation of Irish who went over and sheltered under "Liberty's" banner cannot wait to pull up the ladder behind them and assimilate. And this not a generation on from when a government apparatus on our own island threw lads in the back of vans for rides very similar to the one Freddie Gray got, whilst squaddies who didn't know the Falls from Niagra, did the dying for their masters.

Gore Vidal (i love quoting liberals!!) called it the "United States of Amnesia". It seems like a few contributors have gone native in that country.

The American experiment worked because in former times emigrants worked hard, learned English, assimilated, contributed to society, sacrificed for their families and made it a better place.

Look no further than that cvnt who's on trial for the Boston Marathon Bombing, and maybe you'll understand what type of emigrants that are currently being let in.

Phoney asylum seekers, immediately go on welfare, instead of assimilating they become radicalized, given the best educations money can (or the taxpayer) buy and still not good enough for them.

Mother flees back to wherever she fled from to avoid a shoplifting charge, one daughter pinched for drugs, another daughter charged with forgery, Tamerlan (aka  Speedbump) main suspect in a double homicide.

Are you saying that the Boston Bombers typify the current type of immigrant to the US?

Where did I say that?

So what is your point? Why the rant about the family of the Boston Bombers? You said "look no further than" them for the type of immigrant "currently being let in"

easytiger95

Brilliantly answered - use the worst case example to tar an entire generation of emigrants, in a country that was founded on waves upon waves of immigration.

Not even you would hold up the US Public Education system as the best money could buy. And good work using my criticisms of Irish immigrants attitudes to segue into a criticism of current immigrants, thus avoiding the point of my post - a man went whole into the back of a police van for a minor charge and came out with a snapped spine. And some people on here - including you (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong and I'll apologise) think "Good enough for him."

Not good enough for him - not good enough for any human.

J70

Quote from: armaghniac on May 01, 2015, 07:13:20 PM

police forces have to held to the proper standard of law, even if there are dealing with less than model citizens.

Serious charges too.

Proveable? We will see.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on May 01, 2015, 07:13:36 PM
I haven't been in the US since 97 but I don't think any of those crimes warrant a death sentence?

Never mind the blatant racism on this thread, the pure callous indifference to the suffering of others is disgraceful. I know it's fun, but just because you're behind a keyboard, there is no need to let your inner sociopath out to play.

A man - MAN in case you were mistaken that it was some poor beast - went into a police van whole, for a minor offense, and came out with his spine snapped. There would be more humanity shown to a dog on the street than he got, either there or here on this board.

And as for the poisonous rationalizations "Well if he was shot by a drug gang, yadda, yadda, yadda..." I would hope that as citizens of such a freedom loving country, you would hold your constabulary to higher standards than gang bangers. The reason some policemen are heroes is that they recognise that higher standard, espouse that standard, live that standard. But it seems to me in the rush to isolate the "Other" in US society, everyone in blue becomes a hero in the fight against this nebulous "Other" - gang members, blacks, terrorists, Muslims, gays, liberals - and the medals are pinned on chests without being earned.

Now you have an entire institutional wing of the state (police forces in the US) incapable of gaining or keeping the trust of a sizable minority, whilst they are applauded for things they have not done and do not represent.

Whilst an entire generation of Irish who went over and sheltered under "Liberty's" banner cannot wait to pull up the ladder behind them and assimilate. And this not a generation on from when a government apparatus on our own island threw lads in the back of vans for rides very similar to the one Freddie Gray got, whilst squaddies who didn't know the Falls from Niagra, did the dying for their masters.

Gore Vidal (i love quoting liberals!!) called it the "United States of Amnesia". It seems like a few contributors have gone native in that country.

The American experiment worked because in former times emigrants worked hard, learned English, assimilated, contributed to society, sacrificed for their families and made it a better place.

Look no further than that cvnt who's on trial for the Boston Marathon Bombing, and maybe you'll understand what type of emigrants that are currently being let in.

Phoney asylum seekers, immediately go on welfare, instead of assimilating they become radicalized, given the best educations money can (or the taxpayer) buy and still not good enough for them.

Mother flees back to wherever she fled from to avoid a shoplifting charge, one daughter pinched for drugs, another daughter charged with forgery, Tamerlan (aka  Speedbump) main suspect in a double homicide.

Are you saying that the Boston Bombers typify the current type of immigrant to the US?

Where did I say that?

So what is your point? Why the rant about the family of the Boston Bombers? You said "look no further than" them for the type of immigrant "currently being let in"

Are you cognitively challenged or just having a rough day? Re read my post.

easytiger95

Quotelook no further than that cvnt who's on trial for the Boston Marathon Bombing, and maybe you'll understand what type of emigrants that are currently being let in.

That is fairly clear Whitey - even to people like me who are obviously cognitively challenged. But it is a red herring.

A man went whole into the back of a police vane and came out his spine snapped. No human being deserves that.

whitey

Quote from: easytiger95 on May 01, 2015, 07:13:46 PM
Brilliantly answered - use the worst case example to tar an entire generation of emigrants, in a country that was founded on waves upon waves of immigration.

Not even you would hold up the US Public Education system as the best money could buy. And good work using my criticisms of Irish immigrants attitudes to segue into a criticism of current immigrants, thus avoiding the point of my post - a man went whole into the back of a police van for a minor charge and came out with a snapped spine. And some people on here - including you (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong and I'll apologise) think "Good enough for him."

Not good enough for him - not good enough for any human.

Do a little research my friend.....it's called Cambridge Rindge and Latin School.....Ben Afleck and his brother both attended the same school.

As for it being brilliantly answered......brilliantly answered if you don't know your @rse from your elbow-Lol

easytiger95

True - you don't know your arse from your elbow. Thanks for admitting it, and we can both get on with our lives, as it is clear by your evasion you won't answer the thrust of either of my posts.

whitey

Quote from: easytiger95 on May 01, 2015, 07:21:06 PM
Quotelook no further than that cvnt who's on trial for the Boston Marathon Bombing, and maybe you'll understand what type of emigrants that are currently being let in.

That is fairly clear Whitey - even to people like me who are obviously cognitively challenged. But it is a red herring.

A man went whole into the back of a police vane and came out his spine snapped. No human being deserves that.

You are 100 percent correct and I sincerely hope justice will be served. If you have $20 spare, or get it in the library....read An Invisible Thread.....most people couldn't even comprehend what these inner city kids are faced with growing up

(Boston Marathon Bombing a very sore spot for me for a variety of reasons in case you can't tell)

foxcommander

Quote from: The Iceman on May 01, 2015, 06:50:22 PM
now you're twisting. You are suggesting he was lifted for nothing. You are suggesting he was put in to the bus and lifted just for looking at the police. You are suggesting he had a clean record and was a model citizen. His only crime was being black type shit.
You have already documented how you feel about the police and I think you're letting that sway your judgement in this case.

This lad did not deserve to die. No buts or ands about about it

More twisting than Chubby Checker.
Any sign of that apology yet Eamonn?
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

armaghniac

Quote from: J70 on May 01, 2015, 07:15:53 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 01, 2015, 07:13:20 PM

Serious charges too.

Proveable? We will see.

Probably not provable, some sort of lesser charge will be proven, in due course.
But it needs to initiate some sort of official audit of people bouncing around in Black Marias.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

J70

Quote from: whitey on May 01, 2015, 07:16:51 PM

Where did I say that?

I reread it. Evidently I am cognitively challenged,  so you are going to have to spell it out.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on May 01, 2015, 08:01:34 PM

Where did I say that?

I reread it. Evidently I am cognitively challenged,  so you are going to have to spell it out.
I said type of emigrant....I did not say that they were the typical emigrant.

J70

Quote from: whitey on May 01, 2015, 08:06:28 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 01, 2015, 08:01:34 PM

Where did I say that?

I said type of emigrant....I did not say that they were the typical emigrant.

Ok, one family went bad.  So what?

Eamonnca1