The US policing crisis thread

Started by Eamonnca1, April 28, 2015, 07:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

Having lived in the USA for 7 years, and having travelled quite a bit around the world, I can honestly say that Australia and the USA are the 2 most racist countries that I have visited. How the descendants of immigrants treat fresh immigrants is horrible.

As the saying goes, "The cow soon forgot it was a calf"
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

give her dixie

This is what Donald Rumsfeld had to say about looting in Iraq a few years ago:

"While no one condones looting, on the other hand, one can understand the pent-up feelings that may result from decades of repression and people who have had members of their family killed by that regime, for them to be taking their feelings out on that regime," he said. "And I don't think there's anyone in any of those pictures ... (who wouldn't) accept it as part of the price of getting from a repressed regime to freedom."

Rumsfeld said in the United States there has been looting and riots and they eventually come under control.

"Think what's happened in our cities when we've had riots and problems and looting. Stuff happens!"

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Security-Industry/2003/04/11/Rumsfeld-Looting-is-transition-to-freedom/63821050097983/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY9l73Yo9Pw

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

stew

Quote from: Keyser soze on May 01, 2015, 09:38:36 AM
It always amazes me that so many Irish people, with the history of occupation, enslavement, starvation, persecution, transportation, dispossession etc inflicted on this country over so many years, can be so intolerant of other races and nationalities and exhibit such rabid right wing views.

Some of the comments on here are truly shocking and the accompanying vitriol towards posters who have a contrasting view is completely uncalled for.

Liberalism is pure and true and Republicanism is nasty and evil, so sayeth the majority of the gaaboard so it must be true!!!! :'(
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

east down gael

You're being very dismissive there stew, it's not about liberalism or republicanism, a few of the comments on here have been lazy and crude. A group of people don't get a bad reputation for nothing?? Why are we yapping over a few drug dealers and thieves getting shot? If the police in this or any other country took someone's life in the same circumstances as happened in Baltimore or ferguson, there would be outrage and rightly so.
     That has nothing to do with political ideologies,it has to do with the right to justice.

foxcommander

Quote from: east down gael on May 01, 2015, 01:57:36 PM
You're being very dismissive there stew, it's not about liberalism or republicanism, a few of the comments on here have been lazy and crude. A group of people don't get a bad reputation for nothing?? Why are we yapping over a few drug dealers and thieves getting shot? If the police in this or any other country took someone's life in the same circumstances as happened in Baltimore or ferguson, there would be outrage and rightly so.
     That has nothing to do with political ideologies,it has to do with the right to justice.

Let's stand up for the rights of drug dealers and violent robbers.  :o

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 01, 2015, 09:00:04 AM
Typo fixed.

All of those scenarios in there are true. I can put you on touch with the ones I know if you want, and I can give you citations for the others.

But of you prefer to just deny that blacks have a hard time in America, and if you prefer the "lalala I can't hear you!" approach then knock yourself out. Plenty of people stateside are in denial about racism so you're hardly alone.

And it's all one way traffic? When are you moving to Oakland?

Denn Forever

Quote from: foxcommander on May 01, 2015, 03:29:11 PM
You're being very dismissive there stew, it's not about liberalism or republicanism, a few of the comments on here have been lazy and crude. A group of people don't get a bad reputation for nothing?? Why are we yapping over a few drug dealers and thieves getting shot? If the police in this or any other country took someone's life in the same circumstances as happened in Baltimore or Ferguson, there would be outrage and rightly so.

Well the UDA have had tough since  the GFA.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

foxcommander

Quote from: Denn Forever on May 01, 2015, 03:38:35 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on May 01, 2015, 03:29:11 PM
You're being very dismissive there stew, it's not about liberalism or republicanism, a few of the comments on here have been lazy and crude. A group of people don't get a bad reputation for nothing?? Why are we yapping over a few drug dealers and thieves getting shot? If the police in this or any other country took someone's life in the same circumstances as happened in Baltimore or Ferguson, there would be outrage and rightly so.

Well the UDA have had tough since  the GFA.

Besides the tea parties at the Aras :)

gallsman

Officers charged with murder, misconduct and manslaughter.

Muck Savage

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 01, 2015, 07:29:06 AM

Oh, so now your man in Baltimore was a drug dealer and a thief? Well you can't libel the dead so I suppose this post doesn't have to be taken down. Although I think I'm starting to understand where your name comes from.

Ehhh... He was in prison for Drug Dealing. His own Brother-in-law stated that he was a drug dealer still so not sure why your pretending he wasn't or distorting the truth.

It still doesn't give an excuse for killing the man but he did have a long rap sheet don't try to hid that.

heganboy

Quote from: Muck Savage on May 01, 2015, 05:05:59 PM
It still doesn't give an excuse for killing the man but he did have a long rap sheet don't try to hide that.

just so I'm clear what has the length of his rap sheet got to do with this?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

foxcommander

Quote from: heganboy on May 01, 2015, 05:08:54 PM
Quote from: Muck Savage on May 01, 2015, 05:05:59 PM
It still doesn't give an excuse for killing the man but he did have a long rap sheet don't try to hide that.

just so I'm clear what has the length of his rap sheet got to do with this?

If you put yourself into dangerous positions due to your activities there is a risk factor involved. If he had been shot or killed by another gang you would never have heard of him.

Take a look at this chicago website - have to say it's very impressive. The stats are very telling - now where is the daily news coverage?

http://heyjackass.com/

The Iceman

what do you make of the allegations made by another prisoner in the van who said Freddy was trying to injure himself?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Eamonnca1

Quote from: The Iceman on May 01, 2015, 06:03:02 PM
what do you make of the allegations made by another prisoner in the van who said Freddy was trying to injure himself?

He has since clarified his remarks and said that the police mis-quoted him. He is adamant that Freddy Grey was not trying to injure himself.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: johnneycool on May 01, 2015, 11:03:17 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on May 01, 2015, 08:42:58 AM
Quote from: lfdown2 on May 01, 2015, 08:12:02 AM
Should we kill all drug dealers and thieves?

Let's qualify this - thief in this instance means store robber (referring to Ferguson incident)

hmmmmm...you think is it that tough to choose?

f**k it, sure run a red light, shoot the ****.

And those thieving Bankers, f**k it shoot them all as well...

That's the ticket foxcommander, its back to to good ole days of the wild west.

Here's the best part. Freddy Grey didn't even do anything illegal or anything wrong. All he did was made eye contact with an officer and took off running. Looks a little odd, but hardly illegal, no grounds for arrest.