Quote from: J70 on April 29, 2015, 04:41:58 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on April 29, 2015, 04:07:34 AM
Quote from: J70 on April 28, 2015, 07:21:52 PM

Race war??

Are you fuckin serious?

What the hell is the matter with you?

And that proves what?

I see three white guys, possibly journalists (looks like a camera in standing lad 's grasp), who look like they are getting pushed around by some black guys.

I ask again, regarding a race war, what does your photo prove?

It shows that given half a chance for civil disobedience violence will be used indiscriminately, especially to get back at 'the man'.
Pushed around is putting it mildly, they're getting a kicking.

Where's Rev Al and friends to condemn this behaviour? What if the above scene was in reverse - you think Sharpton and Jackson would be quiet??? It's bad enough when some drug pusher or store robber dies and they laud them like some Nobel winner.

So nothing to do with a race war then?

Re-read my first sentence. If its still over your head there's nothing I can do for you.

Yeah, I saw it. Protests can turn into mob violence.

What does that have to do with a race war, stoked by Obama or otherwise?

Ok good you saw it...now we're getting somewhere.
Can you tell me if there is a particular group who's protesting and rioting and what the common denominator is amongst them.
Or perhaps you can't fully appreciate rainbows and have no idea what's happening at traffic lights.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

omaghjoe

Quote from: The Iceman on April 28, 2015, 09:56:43 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on April 28, 2015, 09:41:26 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on April 28, 2015, 09:31:51 PM
actually planning on Fort Myers in 3 years or so before making the final jump to Ireland. The Mrs has family there and my work is there too so would work out well

That's funny, I always thought the Seattle area would be a good spot to move to. I hope to be out of here in 3 years, we're moving back also.

I think we'd stay if West Coasters were more like East coasters.... love the area, the outdoor life, the schools are decent, the weather is great but the people would drive you mad with their PC attitude... everything is fine everything is cool.... give me straight talkers any time.

Our move back to Ireland won't be permanent. Get the kids off to Uni and we'll move home base again likely to France. Been on the move now for 10 years and can't see us settling long in one place -the world is too big.

USA is a great place to live for now - but as we get older and the kids get up a bit I think it's not the ideal spot.

Had a good chuckle at that Im in Socal and while I wouldn't say their PC exactly they are very non confrontational or something, can be bizzare.

In saying that tho.. I had a couple come out and shout the odds at me for parking my car in front of their house the other day. The old dude fired insults at me up the street. If I was at home I would have had a good ole barney with them... but over here you never know who or what your getting involved with so I told them it was a public street and walked on.

Keyser soze

America....lovely place....unfortunately full of Americans...wouldn't live there for all of Donald Trump's money..

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on April 29, 2015, 06:23:36 AM
Quote from: J70 on April 29, 2015, 05:20:52 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on April 29, 2015, 05:07:28 AM
Quote from: J70 on April 29, 2015, 04:56:18 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on April 29, 2015, 04:53:20 AM
Quote from: J70 on April 29, 2015, 04:41:58 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on April 29, 2015, 04:07:34 AM

Race war??

Are you fuckin serious?

What the hell is the matter with you?

And that proves what?

I see three white guys, possibly journalists (looks like a camera in standing lad 's grasp), who look like they are getting pushed around by some black guys.

I ask again, regarding a race war, what does your photo prove?

It shows that given half a chance for civil disobedience violence will be used indiscriminately, especially to get back at 'the man'.
Pushed around is putting it mildly, they're getting a kicking.

Where's Rev Al and friends to condemn this behaviour? What if the above scene was in reverse - you think Sharpton and Jackson would be quiet??? It's bad enough when some drug pusher or store robber dies and they laud them like some Nobel winner.

So nothing to do with a race war then?

Re-read my first sentence. If its still over your head there's nothing I can do for you.

Yeah, I saw it. Protests can turn into mob violence.

What does that have to do with a race war, stoked by Obama or otherwise?

Ok good you saw it...now we're getting somewhere.
Can you tell me if there is a particular group who's protesting and rioting and what the common denominator is amongst them.
Or perhaps you can't fully appreciate rainbows and have no idea what's happening at traffic lights.

Perhaps, but it is pretty clear that one cannot extrapolate from a single incident that a race war is in progress or even pending.

But maybe that's just me.

stew

Quote from: J70 on April 28, 2015, 03:15:56 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on April 28, 2015, 03:01:15 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 28, 2015, 09:04:58 AM
So that's my choice then? Worship at the altar of armed men in uniform or leave the country? Bit of a drastic choice, wouldn't you say?

As the riots have shown if it wasn't for these uniforms the place where you live would not be habitable.
I do have a good laugh when they talk about the "community" policing itself.

I got me some bargains today!

There's a hardened, dangerous criminal if I ever saw one. .. walking down the street with nappies and toilet roll!

Ah no harm in him at all at all, sure all he did was rob some hard working family of their goods because he saw an opportunity to steal from them!

He is a **** that should be locked up for theft!

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Muck Savage

I have lived in the US for 11 out of the last 14 years. I moved back to Ireland for 3 years in there but found myself coming back here due to opportunities. I'm glad I moved back home and got it out of my system but can't see myself moving back again as there are much more opportunities for my kids here. We live in the Bay Area (Silicon Valley) and while it's a lot different than the rest of the U.S. it can still be a crazy place. There are many other positives that will keep me here, much more than the negatives.
The Police do a great service to the community, a job I wouldn't do for any money. It very easy to sit on the other side of a screen and talk about it but none of us know the stress they are under every time they go to work in a society that allows guns to be easily got. The military are put on a pedestal also, some of it because of beliefs but some of it is seeing neighbors kids coming home crippled or in body bags. Every country has their own social problems but in this country its a pity we don't have more parents like the mother of that lad in the riots who slapped her kid all the way home.

stew

Quote from: The Iceman on April 28, 2015, 04:23:28 PM
Not justifying the riots or violence by any means. Simply sharing some interesting reading on on going and historical police brutality in Baltimore:
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/04/the-brutality-of-police-culture-in-baltimore/391158/?fb_ref=Default

The Mayor should be impeached. And Obama is doing himself no favors - he has yet to condemn the riots and looks like he is quietly stirring up a race war...?

The Mayor is the epitome of what is wrong with the looney left..................... Hey rioters, we are going to give you a shit load of space to do your thing and this is fine, destroy our city as long as none of you get shot by the big bad police. tr**p should be in jail and Obama is a disgrace to the office of President, fcuk the democrats!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

foxcommander

Quote from: Muck Savage on April 29, 2015, 04:17:18 PM
its a pity we don't have more parents like the mother of that lad in the riots who slapped her kid all the way home.

That's the best thing I've seen in ages. This lady is a shining example.
That should be shown on repeat on every channel. Maybe the message might get through to people to keep your kids under control and we'd have a far better world.

In case you didn't see it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRlmCf1Kj2o

heganboy

Quote from: foxcommander on April 29, 2015, 04:24:28 PM
Quote from: Muck Savage on April 29, 2015, 04:17:18 PM
its a pity we don't have more parents like the mother of that lad in the riots who slapped her kid all the way home.
Maybe the message might get through to people to keep your kids under control and we'd have a far better world.

In case you didn't see it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRlmCf1Kj2o

Woohoo- I knew we could find something to agree on FC!

First step, parents keep their kids in better order.

Now, who's going to keep the police under control?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

J70

Quote from: stew on April 29, 2015, 04:20:28 PM
Not justifying the riots or violence by any means. Simply sharing some interesting reading on on going and historical police brutality in Baltimore:
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/04/the-brutality-of-police-culture-in-baltimore/391158/?fb_ref=Default

The Mayor should be impeached. And Obama is doing himself no favors - he has yet to condemn the riots and looks like he is quietly stirring up a race war...?

The Mayor is the epitome of what is wrong with the looney left..................... Hey rioters, we are going to give you a shit load of space to do your thing and this is fine, destroy our city as long as none of you get shot by the big bad police. tr**p should be in jail and Obama is a disgrace to the office of President, fcuk the democrats!

I often say "f**k the Democrats".

If only there were a serious,  viable alternative. The GOP is an utter joke at this stage.

J70

Quote from: stew on April 29, 2015, 04:16:43 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 28, 2015, 03:15:56 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on April 28, 2015, 03:01:15 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 28, 2015, 09:04:58 AM
So that's my choice then? Worship at the altar of armed men in uniform or leave the country? Bit of a drastic choice, wouldn't you say?

As the riots have shown if it wasn't for these uniforms the place where you live would not be habitable.
I do have a good laugh when they talk about the "community" policing itself.

I got me some bargains today!

There's a hardened, dangerous criminal if I ever saw one. .. walking down the street with nappies and toilet roll!

Ah no harm in him at all at all, sure all he did was rob some hard working family of their goods because he saw an opportunity to steal from them!

Of course he should be prosecuted if they can prove he stole the stuff.

Eamonnca1

QuotePresident Obama Condemns Both the Baltimore Riots and the Nation's 'Slow-Rolling Crisis'
By JULIE HIRSCHFELD DAVIS and MATT APUZZOAPRIL 28, 2015 New York Times

WASHINGTON — President Obama responded with passion and frustration on Tuesday to the violence that has rocked Baltimore and other cities after the deaths of young black men in confrontations with the police, calling for a period of soul-searching about what he said had become a near-weekly cycle of tragedy.

Speaking from the White House Rose Garden, Mr. Obama condemned the chaos unfolding just 40 miles north of the White House and called for "full transparency and accountability" in a Department of Justice investigation into the death of Freddie Gray, the young black man who died of a spinal cord injury suffered while in police custody.

He said that his thoughts were also with the police officers injured in Monday night's unrest in Baltimore, which he said "underscores that that's a tough job, and we have to keep that in mind."

But in a carefully planned 14-minute statement during a news conference with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of Japan, Mr. Obama made clear that he was deeply dismayed not only by the recent unrest in several cities but also by the longstanding yet little-discussed racial and societal forces that have fed it.

"We have seen too many instances of what appears to be police officers interacting with individuals, primarily African-American, often poor, in ways that raise troubling questions," Mr. Obama said. "This has been a slow-rolling crisis. This has been going on for a long time. This is not new, and we shouldn't pretend that it's new."

He spoke as Loretta E. Lynch, the new attorney general, dispatched two of her top deputies to Baltimore to handle the fallout: Vanita Gupta, her civil rights chief, and Ronald L. Davis, her community-policing director. The unrest there and the epidemic Mr. Obama described of troubled relations between white police officers and black citizens have consumed Ms. Lynch's first two days on the job and could define her time in office.

They have also raised difficult and familiar questions for Mr. Obama about whether he and his administration are doing enough to confront the problem, questions made all the more poignant because he is the first African-American to occupy the White House.

The president struggled for balance in his remarks. He pushed back against critics who have said he should be more aggressive in his response to questionable practices by the police, saying: "I can't federalize every police department in the country and force them to retrain."

Mr. Obama also made clear that he had no sympathy for people rioting in the streets, calling them "a handful of people taking advantage of the situation for their own purposes," who should "be treated as criminals."

And he said that law enforcement officials and organizations that represent them must also admit that "there are some police who aren't doing the right thing."

The day after chaos erupted across Baltimore, people who were assembled near a looted CVS drugstore discussed the violence.

But he emphasized that the problem went far beyond the police, who he said are too often deployed to "do the dirty work of containing the problems that arise" in broken urban communities where fathers are absent, drugs dominate and education, jobs and opportunities are nonexistent.

The president had initially avoided commenting on the unrest in Baltimore, allowing only still photographers into the Oval Office on Monday afternoon as he held an unscheduled meeting with Ms. Lynch, thus denying reporters the chance to ask him questions about the chaos then unfurling one state away. The issue dominated Ms. Lynch's first day on the job, and her response to it will be watched closely. As he prepared to swear her in, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. said that Ms. Lynch, the first black woman in the post, was uniquely qualified to bridge the divide between minority neighborhoods and police officers clashing over the use of deadly force. Within hours, Baltimore was in flames.

Ms. Lynch's predecessor, Eric H. Holder Jr., the first black attorney general, was the face of the Obama administration's response to unrest in Ferguson, Mo., last year after a white police officer killed an unarmed black teenager there, and he relished the opportunity to talk about policing and race relations.

It made him a hero of the civil rights movement, but drew sharp criticism from police groups who said the attorney general did not do enough to support them.

Ms. Lynch, a career prosecutor, came into office promising to strike a new tone and planned to visit police groups this summer. But the riots in Baltimore after the death of the 25-year-old Mr. Gray have overtaken that timeline. Almost as soon as she had taken her oath, there were signs that Baltimore was about to erupt.

As mourners gathered for Mr. Gray's funeral, the police announced that three street gangs had pledged to work together to "take out" police officers. The University of Maryland shut down its Baltimore campus early, saying it had been warned that the area could soon turn violent.

At the Justice Department, Ms. Lynch was met by Ms. Gupta and Mr. Davis for a lengthy update on Baltimore. It was her first meeting as attorney general, and it led to the unscheduled trip to the White House to meet with Mr. Obama.

In one meeting on Tuesday, Ms. Lynch told officials that while in Baltimore, they should meet not only Mr. Gray's family but also the officers who were most seriously injured. "When officers get injured in senseless violence, they become victims as well," she said, a Justice Department official told reporters.

As night set in on Monday, chaos reigned on Baltimore's streets. Rioters burned and looted businesses. Others hurled rocks. Police officers were injured, and the police commissioner said his department was outnumbered in its own city.

Gov. Larry Hogan of Maryland activated the National Guard, sending hundreds of soldiers into the city after dawn on Tuesday.

Ms. Lynch issued a statement in which she condemned "the senseless acts of violence by some individuals in Baltimore that have resulted in harm to law enforcement officers, destruction of property and a shattering of the peace in the city."

It was a message that Mr. Obama echoed on Tuesday, as he bristled at what he argued was the news media's habit of focusing on dramatic images of brutality and chaos rather than on what have been mostly peaceful protests in Baltimore and other cities.

"One burning building will be looped on television over and over and over again, and thousands of demonstrators who did it the right way, I think, have been lost in the discussion," Mr. Obama said.

He said the that "overwhelming majority" in Baltimore protested peacefully and went back into the streets Tuesday to clean up after "a handful of criminals and thugs who tore up the place." Ms. Lynch, a child of the segregated South and the daughter of a local civil rights leader, has spoken of the need for police officers — because they wield the power — to repair broken relationships. But she has also spoken repeatedly about the police as a force for good in minority neighborhoods.

J70

Quote from: stew on April 29, 2015, 04:20:28 PM

Talk radio/Fox News fake outrage and drooling aside,  what does this have to do with Obama?

muppet

Stew, you are understandably outraged at what you believe is a crime against people like yourself and you want something done about it. Fair enough.

This is exactly how the protestors feel when they see unarmed men, like themselves, shot. Is that not understandable too?

That is not to endorse the law-breaking looters. TBH the far right must be delighted with the looting as it shines the spotlight away from the real issue.
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on April 29, 2015, 11:09:59 PM

Stew, you are understandably outraged at what you believe is a crime against people like yourself and you want something done about it. Fair enough.

This is exactly how the protestors feel when they see unarmed men, like themselves, shot. Is that not understandable too?

That is not to endorse the law-breaking looters. TBH the far right must be delighted with the looting as it shines the spotlight away from the real issue.

Too right muppet. First thing I would think of when someone I don't actually know gets killed by the authorities is which store do I need to loot from.
To be fair CVS have a good range of items. Don't even need the key to the pharmacy cabinets either...smashy smashy!!