The US policing crisis thread

Started by Eamonnca1, April 28, 2015, 07:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL/MAYO

Quote from: The Iceman on April 28, 2015, 09:56:43 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on April 28, 2015, 09:41:26 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on April 28, 2015, 09:31:51 PM
actually planning on Fort Myers in 3 years or so before making the final jump to Ireland. The Mrs has family there and my work is there too so would work out well

That's funny, I always thought the Seattle area would be a good spot to move to. I hope to be out of here in 3 years, we're moving back also.

I think we'd stay if West Coasters were more like East coasters.... love the area, the outdoor life, the schools are decent, the weather is great but the people would drive you mad with their PC attitude... everything is fine everything is cool.... give me straight talkers any time.

Our move back to Ireland won't be permanent. Get the kids off to Uni and we'll move home base again likely to France. Been on the move now for 10 years and can't see us settling long in one place -the world is too big.

USA is a great place to live for now - but as we get older and the kids get up a bit I think it's not the ideal spot.

I agree, I hope to have the family back before my eldest is 10 years old. Even if I was to stay in the U.S I would leave Florida.   

J70

Quote from: FL/MAYO on April 28, 2015, 10:17:59 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on April 28, 2015, 09:56:43 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on April 28, 2015, 09:41:26 PM
actually planning on Fort Myers in 3 years or so before making the final jump to Ireland. The Mrs has family there and my work is there too so would work out well

That's funny, I always thought the Seattle area would be a good spot to move to. I hope to be out of here in 3 years, we're moving back also.

I think we'd stay if West Coasters were more like East coasters.... love the area, the outdoor life, the schools are decent, the weather is great but the people would drive you mad with their PC attitude... everything is fine everything is cool.... give me straight talkers any time.

Our move back to Ireland won't be permanent. Get the kids off to Uni and we'll move home base again likely to France. Been on the move now for 10 years and can't see us settling long in one place -the world is too big.

USA is a great place to live for now - but as we get older and the kids get up a bit I think it's not the ideal spot.

I agree, I hope to have the family back before my eldest is 10 years old. Even if I was to stay in the U.S I would leave Florida.

Too many rednecks?  ;D

J70

Quote from: FL/MAYO on April 28, 2015, 09:54:07 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 28, 2015, 09:40:27 PM

Know the general area well. Should be able to get a very nice house with pool for a fraction of what Seattle or NJ cost. Weather obviously amazing!

You should spend a summer here, it's brutal.A typical summers day is like one if those hot and hazy days that you get in NJ during the summer but its everyday for 6 months. But on the plus side you have lower property taxes, no state or local tax and you get a lot more for your money when buying property and of course the winters are beautiful. If you like heat its the place to live.

I've spent time there in summer (I've a retired parent there). I love the heat! Like the seasons though too, so I don't know if I could take year around living there, despite the financial advantages. Plus the wife can't stand the place for longer than a few days.

The Iceman

that will be the last of my Mrs family - he Da and brother are down there his wife and kids so we'll put in a few years in FL, My hope is to keep a house there when we leave and have it to rent out or use ourselves in winter or whatever. I think after 3 years of FL heat we'd be sick of it and Ireland would be appealing (thats the plan anyway).
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

J70

Quote from: The Iceman on April 29, 2015, 12:37:11 AM
that will be the last of my Mrs family - he Da and brother are down there his wife and kids so we'll put in a few years in FL, My hope is to keep a house there when we leave and have it to rent out or use ourselves in winter or whatever. I think after 3 years of FL heat we'd be sick of it and Ireland would be appealing (thats the plan anyway).

There's a good market for so-called snowbird rentals. In some cases you can make as much renting to them just for the winter as renting to a family all year around (and a lot less hassle too as no kids to wreck the place!).

FL/MAYO

Plenty of rednecks and snowbirds, most of the snowbirds are heading back up north at the moment. I lived in New York for 8 years and enjoyed it a lot more, so much more to do up there. It will be a good experience to live here for 3 years, by the time you settle in you will be on your way to Ireland.
J70, we have a few wild Donegal men down here so you would be right at home ;)

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on April 28, 2015, 07:21:52 PM

Race war??

Are you fuckin serious?

What the hell is the matter with you?

And that proves what?

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Jell 0 Biafra

So by the same token, white police officers shooting/choking black men is unequivocal proof of police racism.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on April 29, 2015, 04:07:34 AM

Race war??

Are you fuckin serious?

And that proves what?

I see three white guys, possibly journalists (looks like a camera in standing lad 's grasp), who look like they are getting pushed around by some black guys.

I ask again, regarding a race war, what does your photo prove?

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on April 29, 2015, 04:41:58 AM

Race war??

Are you fuckin serious?

And that proves what?

I see three white guys, possibly journalists (looks like a camera in standing lad 's grasp), who look like they are getting pushed around by some black guys.

It shows that given half a chance for civil disobedience violence will be used indiscriminately, especially to get back at 'the man'.
Pushed around is putting it mildly, they're getting a kicking.

Where's Rev Al and friends to condemn this behaviour? What if the above scene was in reverse - you think Sharpton and Jackson would be quiet??? It's bad enough when some drug pusher or store robber dies and they laud them like a Nobel prize winner.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on April 29, 2015, 04:53:20 AM

Race war??

Are you fuckin serious?

And that proves what?

It shows that given half a chance for civil disobedience violence will be used indiscriminately, especially to get back at 'the man'.

Where's Rev Al and friends to condemn this behaviour? What if the above scene was in reverse - you think Sharpton and Jackson would be quiet??? It's bad enough when some drug pusher or store robber dies and they laud them like some Nobel winner.

So nothing to do with a race war then?

heganboy

Where's Rev Al and friends to condemn this behaviour? What if the above scene was in reverse - you think Sharpton and Jackson would be quiet??? It's bad enough when some drug pusher or store robber dies and they laud them like a Nobel prize winner.

And we're off again...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on April 29, 2015, 04:56:18 AM

Race war??

Are you fuckin serious?

And that proves what?

Where's Rev Al and friends to condemn this behaviour? What if the above scene was in reverse - you think Sharpton and Jackson would be quiet??? It's bad enough when some drug pusher or store robber dies and they laud them like some Nobel winner.

Re-read my first sentence. If its still over your head there's nothing I can do for you.

foxcommander

Quote from: heganboy on April 29, 2015, 05:05:04 AM

And we're off again...

Aw come on, you enjoy the banter...

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on April 29, 2015, 05:07:28 AM
Quote from: J70 on April 29, 2015, 04:56:18 AM

Race war??

Are you fuckin serious?

And that proves what?

Re-read my first sentence. If its still over your head there's nothing I can do for you.

Yeah, I saw it. Protests can turn into mob violence.

What does that have to do with a race war, stoked by Obama or otherwise?