Looks like another Fundamentalist Muslim attack, this time in Paris.

Started by AZOffaly, January 07, 2015, 03:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

I see the Jihadi apologist is up to his usual deflect, spin, blame-the-west routine even before the blood has dried.

There can be no excusing this atrocity. Nobody is buying your bullshit anymore Seafoid.

gallsman

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 07, 2015, 07:58:46 PM
I see the Jihadi apologist is up to his usual deflect, spin, blame-the-west routine even before the blood has dried.

There can be no excusing this atrocity. Nobody is buying your bullshit anymore Seafoid.

Alright there, Goebbels. I don't think that's what he did in the slightest.

Mike Sheehy

There is already a backlash to that financial times article

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/07/financial-times-charlie-hebdo-stupid-muslim-baiting_n_6430242.html

Apparently he has already edited the online article. Originally called the journalists stupid for "provoking" Muslims

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6wUsmCIUAA1QxO.png:large

more reaction here...

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/9f90f482-9672-11e4-a40b-00144feabdc0.html#ixzz3O9fN9QVY

I encourage everybody to not take articles posted by Seafoid at face value.  Don't assume that just because it is from the financial times that there isn't an underlying ideological bias.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: gallsman on January 07, 2015, 08:19:23 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 07, 2015, 07:58:46 PM

Alright there, Goebbels. I don't think that's what he did in the slightest.

I suppose you will try and steer this thread off on a "tangent" like you did on the Taliban massacre thread  ::)

Stew was right about you.

balladmaker

So a magazine pokes fun at the prophet Muhammad, and this results in the murder of 12 people.

What is it about Islam that lends itself to so much fundamentalism?  If someone was to draw a satirical cartoon of Jesus, would it provoke the murder of 12 people?  I don't think it would.

naka

Quote from: balladmaker on January 07, 2015, 09:01:17 PM
So a magazine pokes fun at the prophet Muhammad, and this results in the murder of 12 people.

What is it about Islam that lends itself to so much fundamentalism?  If someone was to draw a satirical cartoon of Jesus, would it provoke the murder of 12 people?  I don't think it would.
that's the point the west has effectively parodied religion( at least the western version with jesus etc) any bible thumper is a nut so far as we are concerned, they cant cope with the fact that these guys eat sleep and breathe their faith

what annoys me is that the fundamentalists/apologists in the west who incite these tragedies don't seem to want to leave their lovely western lives for the true life in the newly established caliphate .

theticklemister

I am a Catholic and havent gone to church as much as I should like, but I see religion as a massive stumbling part in bringing the world together in harmony. Balladmaker makes an excellent point in why do these people see the mocking of the prophet a cause to kill? But as history shows, religion has caused the most deaths throughout the years than any political/historical feud. The people who mock these prophets by writing/drawing Muhammad in a satirical manner, fan the flames.

muppet

Lowlife scumbags is right.

The clowns here using this massacre to score points about over posters on other issues are pretty twisted people as well.
MWWSI 2017

heganboy

Quote from: theticklemister on January 07, 2015, 09:47:53 PM
The people who mock these prophets by writing/drawing Muhammad in a satirical manner, fan the flames.

I beg to differ, the people who say it is ok to kill someone for depicting the prophet are those that fan the flames.

It should come as no shock to hear that there is a difference of opinion within Islam on this. Much like Christianity and Judaism idolatry is decried in Islam, but there is significant disagreement over depiction of the prophet.

Darwin awards would be so much simpler if religious extremists only killed other religious extremists..
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

red hander

Quote from: muppet on January 07, 2015, 10:13:47 PM
Lowlife scumbags is right.

The clowns here using this massacre to score points about over posters on other issues are pretty twisted people as well.

+1

magpie seanie

f**king brave men taking on cartoonists, only armed with pencils. Real f**king heroes. Cowards like this represent nothing except their own ineptness as human beings. Lots of horrendous things have been done by deranged people all over the world and they have claimed that it was in the name of (virtually every) religion so lets not pretend it's Islam that this is exclusive to. f**king crazy, f**king depressing to know I share the earth with people like this.

muppet

Quote from: heganboy on January 07, 2015, 10:17:15 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on January 07, 2015, 09:47:53 PM
The people who mock these prophets by writing/drawing Muhammad in a satirical manner, fan the flames.

I beg to differ, the people who say it is ok to kill someone for depicting the prophet are those that fan the flames.

It should come as no shock to hear that there is a difference of opinion within Islam on this. Much like Christianity and Judaism idolatry is decried in Islam, but there is significant disagreement over depiction of the prophet.

Darwin awards would be so much simpler if religious extremists only killed other religious extremists..

Why is it that this almost never happens? No matter which side you look at they kill mainly innocent people.
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

There was an article before Christmas saying that small ISIS were planning attacks on soft targets around the world including budget airlines and BA. A coffee shop in Sydney, an office in Paris... there is no way of protecting everywhere at all times. With loads of ISIS sympathisers in England you have to expect further attacks there.

Minder

"@realDonaldTrump: If the people so violently shot down in Paris had guns, at least they would have had a fighting chance."

The problem according to Donald Trump is the magazine staff weren't packing heat

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"