Quick quiz question

Started by Asal Mor, September 11, 2014, 04:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asal Mor

Can anyone, without looking it up obviously, name (some of) the top 10 all-time scorers in Championship history?

A small clue - there are 7 from the modern era(last 20 years) and 3 from the old days.

AZOffaly

The thing with this is the new format will have given a lot more games to lads in recent years, so any old timers would have to have serious longevity or play for a team that had long summers a good portion of their careers.

I'll guess .....

DJ, Shefflin, Canning, Eoin Kelly Tipp, Johnny Dooley, Jamsie O'Connor, Joe Deane?, Paul Flynn Waterford?

Nicky English, Christy Ring, JBM

Asal Mor

Very good AZ. You're right on Shefflin, DJ, Eoin Kelly, Joe Deane, Paul Flynn and Christy Ring.

AZOffaly

I went to see which ones I didn't get, and a couple of them surprised me. I won't spoil it for others trying to answer, but I'd never have thought of one in particular, but when you go back and think about it, he was a very heavy scorer. And one of them I can't believe I didn't write down. I actually had him in my head saying he's definitely one, and never typed it!

Asal Mor

I was surprised Canning wasn't in it but the list is for how it stood at the end of championship 2013 so Joe might possibly be in there now.

gallsman

Did Shefflin not famously surpass Eddie Keher?

gallsman

Rackard the third old timer assuming Keher is right?

AZOffaly

Quote from: gallsman on September 11, 2014, 07:24:45 PM
Did Shefflin not famously surpass Eddie Keher?

Yeah keher is the lad I said is definitely there and never typed down.

imtommygunn

waterfordlad

John Mullane? He didn't take frees or penalties so if it is him a good achievement.

theskull1

Dessie Donnelly? A long shot... but mind him putting up decent numbers back in the day
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

imtommygunn

AZOffaly