Albuquerque police shooting

Started by Asal Mor, April 01, 2014, 12:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asal Mor

The video speaks for itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tpAZObNZfI

How have these guys not been charged with murder yet?

orangeman

Jesus Christ !!! Those boys are brave lads.

orangeman

Protesters have confronted riot officers in Albuquerque during a march against police shootings.

Police fired tear gas at demonstrators and made several arrests following unrest in the centre of the New Mexico city, according to local media reports.

It comes after a video emerged of police shooting dead a homeless man named as James Boyd.

It was filmed by the police using cameras and posted online following a public information request.

Meanwhile Albuquerque police said their website had been temporarily brought down on Sunday because of a cyber-attack.

The hacking collective Anonymous had warned of retaliation over the James Boyd shooting.

He was killed in the foothills of the Sandia Mountains on the east side of Albuquerque following a stand-off.

Last week, Albuquerque police fatally shot another man, identified as Alfred Redwine, at a housing estate.

The department has been involved in 37 shootings, 24 of them fatal, since 2010, according to the Albuquerque Journal.

Critics say it is far too many for a department serving a city of about 555,000.

Asal Mor

There seems to be a bullying mentality with a lot of American cops. I think it comes from being armed. Unarmed police officers  are forced to develop some people skills and diplomacy for diffusing situations.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Asal Mor on April 01, 2014, 01:21:30 AM
There seems to be a bullying mentality with a lot of American cops. I think it comes from being armed. Unarmed police officers  are forced to develop some people skills and diplomacy for diffusing situations.

Like our gardai???

Asal Mor

;D Exactly. Famous for their level-headed approach and jovial sense of humor.

BennyCake

He brought that upon himself. He should have turned left at Albuquerque.

Hardy

That is shocking. As the commentator said, they couldn't wait to use the gun.

blewuporstuffed

That really is shocking.

Maybe they thought he was Walter White?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

macdanger2

Asal Mor

Quote from: macdanger2 on April 01, 2014, 01:19:10 PM
April Fools??

That occurred to me too, which goes to show how bad it is,  but it's definitely real.

southdown

EC Unique

That is shocking  Typical America and their precious guns. Poor man had no chance.

Orior

Americans believe it is their right to bear arms, and pooh pooh us Europeans as being under the thumb from centuries of royal misrule. Also in many states they 'live by' the death penalty.

Hence they shouldn't complain if their police force wades in firing on all cylinders.

In other words they bring it on themselves
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Puckoon

Catch a grip you last two. There is a huge anti firearm lobby here, it's one of the most divisive topics under discussion.

Quote from: Orior on April 01, 2014, 04:36:27 PM
Many (not all) Americans believe it is their right to bear arms, and pooh pooh us Europeans as being under the thumb from centuries of royal misrule. Also in many states they 'live by' the death penalty. Don't even know what this means. Mostly Nonsense here.

Hence they shouldn't complain if their police force wades in firing on all cylinders. Why should they not? Why should ordinary decent folk not be outraged at this shooting?

In other words they bring it on themselves Really? Did the poor man shot dead bring it on himself by simply being American?
Report Card: Must do better