Mount Leinster Rangers

Started by Asal Mor, February 08, 2014, 05:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asal Mor

Congrats to MLR on making the All-Ireland club final. Great for Carlow and for hurling.

AQMP

Yeah disappointed for Loch gCaol but MLR wanted it more, fair play to them.

armaghniac

Certainly good to see some class of Rangers in Croke Pk on 17th March! Well done MLR.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

They were relentless, took a few yellow cards early on but maintained a level of pressure which Loughgiel couldn't contain with. Fair play, I doubted they'd be able to beat Loughgiel but they did.

Also big shout out to my niece who sang the National Anthem today at Newry, she was brill, well done Beth
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Lecale2

They have been under dogs the whole way through to the final. Well done and good luck to them, even though the lost me a couple of quid!

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 08, 2014, 10:55:46 PM
They were relentless, took a few yellow cards early on but maintained a level of pressure which Loughgiel couldn't contain with. Fair play, I doubted they'd be able to beat Loughgiel but they did.

Also big shout out to my niece who sang the National Anthem today at Newry, she was brill, well done Beth
Is there a video of it online anywhere, milltown? I would love to see it.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

MLR is great news for hurling after Loughgiel last year.
The auld lad was saying "they are well able to hurl but sure why wouldn't they being neighbours of Kilkenny".  ;)
however  Portumna will be very hard to beat on SPD.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

orangeman

Quote from: Lecale2 on February 09, 2014, 08:29:39 AM
They have been under dogs the whole way through to the final. Well done and good luck to them, even though the lost me a couple of quid!

You wouldnt have been on your own in losing a few quid I'd say.

Underdogs the whole way, sure they're from Carlow and the siege mentality and confidence they'd have taken from the Dublin and Wexford club scalps would have been huge.

As usual they'll be written off again by most. Loughgiel are no bad side so MLR deserve enormous credit for getting this length.

Dare to dream ......

Premier Emperor

Fair play to the minnows for getting this far, but Portumna (who are average) will make mincemeat of them!

orangeman

Quote from: Premier Emperor on February 10, 2014, 10:02:04 AM
Fair play to the minnows for getting this far, but Portumna (who are average) will make mincemeat of them!

That's been said a good few times ahead of MLR matches.

Portumna  might just do that. Portumna are 1-5. MLR 5-1.

It would be some fairy tale ending. MLR and their supporters ( and those who don't want Portumna to win ) can continue to dream.

Milltown Row2

If Portumna are average then Thurles Sarsfields must be rubbish, the biggest underachievers ever. ;D

Portumna put away a decent Limerick side who have been at that stage before recently.

MLR will not be pushed aside, probably their biggest downside may be the big pitch and open spaces at Croke but if Portumna play ball down the middle they may forget about it as this team is as fit as they come and have improved massively
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 10, 2014, 12:46:01 PM

If Portumna are average then Thurles Sarsfields must be rubbish, the biggest underachievers ever. ;D

Portumna put away a decent Limerick side who have been at that stage before recently.

MLR will not be pushed aside, probably their biggest downside may be the big pitch and open spaces at Croke but if Portumna play ball down the middle they may forget about it as this team is as fit as they come and have improved massively

Tipp had a big win at the weekend in some competition or other hence the emperors new found confidence in dismissing anyone and anything in hurling un-related to Tipp..

deiseach

Quote from: johnneycool on February 10, 2014, 01:13:05 PM
Tipp had a big win at the weekend in some competition or other hence the emperors new found confidence in dismissing anyone and anything in hurling un-related to Tipp..

You're implying that confidence was ever lost.

johnneycool

Quote from: deiseach on February 10, 2014, 04:53:51 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on February 10, 2014, 01:13:05 PM

You're implying that confidence was ever lost.

it did get a bit of a dent when an all star thurles team got tanked last year by a bunch of mollockers from Offaly and then Loughmore-Castleiney going further in the football than they did the hurling, not to mention the lack of manliness shown in the blue and gold last July in Nowlan park.

We're now back up full throttle as it should be from a traditional hurling superpower with loads of Liam McCarthy medals.

Asal Mor

I'd forgotten who'd won the Tipp championship until Johnney jogged my memory. Seems like a long time ago. Did Tipp get out of Munster in any grade this year? Shane Long is having a good year though. Ye are breeding some handy footballers down there.