Mount Leinster Rangers

Started by Asal Mor, February 08, 2014, 05:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Portumna are past their best now but you can't buy the experience and cuteness they have. I thought a young talented Na Piarsaigh side would beat them but I should have known better.

MLR will be the neutrals favourites understandably but I think Port will just be too cute for them in the final. A MLR win would be historic but equally it would be a great last hurrah for Portumna to win a 4th All-Ireland. I think they will struggle to even come out of Galway again after this year so this may be it for them.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: deiseach on February 10, 2014, 04:53:51 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on February 10, 2014, 01:13:05 PM
Tipp had a big win at the weekend in some competition or other hence the emperors new found confidence in dismissing anyone and anything in hurling un-related to Tipp..

You're implying that confidence was ever lost.

Surely you mean arrogance.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 11, 2014, 07:58:06 PM
Portumna are past their best now but you can't buy the experience and cuteness they have. I thought a young talented Na Piarsaigh side would beat them but I should have known better.

MLR will be the neutrals favourites understandably but I think Port will just be too cute for them in the final. A MLR win would be historic but equally it would be a great last hurrah for Portumna to win a 4th All-Ireland. I think they will struggle to even come out of Galway again after this year so this may be it for them.
4 all irelands would put them equal with birr. Athenry could only manage 3 and won't be adding to that anytime soon.

Asal Mor

Yeah, I lost a few quid on Na Piarsaigh. I thought they'd beat Portumna with a bit to spare  and if the game had been played at the end of last year, I still think they would have. A 3 month break can change everything though. If MLR can deal with the occasion, it should be close, looking at the teams they've beaten - Ballyboden, Buffer's Alley and Loughgiel.

fearsiuil

Quote from: Asal Mor on February 12, 2014, 02:08:48 AM

Yeah, I lost a few quid on Na Piarsaigh. I thought they'd beat Portumna with a bit to spare  and if the game had been played at the end of last year, I still think they would have. A 3 month break can change everything though. If MLR can deal with the occasion, it should be close, looking at the teams they've beaten - Ballyboden, Buffer's Alley and Loughgiel.
Oulart-The Ballagh

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

deiseach

Rossfan

Fair play to the Carlow boys but I suppose winning the Final will be a bridge too far.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

deiseach

Quote from: Rossfan on February 12, 2014, 01:41:07 PM
Fair play to the Carlow boys but I suppose winning the Final will be a bridge too far.

I don't see why. Loughgeil won the All-Ireland two years ago so MLR can take on the heavyweights and win.

Premier Emperor

Roscommon arrogance!

seafoid

Quote from: deiseach on February 12, 2014, 02:06:34 PM

I don't see why. Loughgeil won the All-Ireland two years ago so MLR can take on the heavyweights and win.
if a tipp team could win the club all ireland it would be a real fairytale   :o

Catch and Kick

If Rangers win it, they will have won as many as all Munster clubs this century!

Plain of the Herbs

On the basis of last Saturday, and last Saturday alone, I think MLR would beat Portumna by about eight points.

Of course, all the other stuff then gets added to the mix – tradition, big match nerves, local attitudes, Joe Canning, psychology, Croke Park,  - but are all those factors enough make Portumna the raging favourites that they are.

I am not au fait with the goings on of the Carlow County championship, but is it possible that Kilcormac-Killoughey (2012) are the only team to beat MLR since the Rangers were beaten by St Mullins in the 2010 County Final?

And it will be hard to beat Diarmuid Byrne's point -  off the hurl and when it was most needed - for the rest of the year. Inspirational.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Plain of the Herbs on February 13, 2014, 09:27:55 PM
On the basis of last Saturday, and last Saturday alone, I think MLR would beat Portumna by about eight points.

Of course, all the other stuff then gets added to the mix – tradition, big match nerves, local attitudes, Joe Canning, psychology, Croke Park,  - but are all those factors enough make Portumna the raging favourites that they are.

I am not au fait with the goings on of the Carlow County championship, but is it possible that Kilcormac-Killoughey (2012) are the only team to beat MLR since the Rangers were beaten by St Mullins in the 2010 County Final?

And it will be hard to beat Diarmuid Byrne's point -  off the hurl and when it was most needed - for the rest of the year. Inspirational.

they are certainly worth a punt that's for sure
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea