snooker world championship

Started by anportmorforjfc, April 09, 2007, 01:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

Aye think he lives in Dublin now. 3 of his 4 grandparents were from Ireland too. Wouldn't be that keen on him. 4 English men in the semis. Maybe a first

Boycey

Again from tonight's commentary not my encyclopedic knowledge of snooker, it's the 4th time there has been all English semifinalists. The last time was only a few years back 2015 I think they said..

Hound

Quote from: An Watcher on April 28, 2021, 10:18:52 PM
Aye think he lives in Dublin now. 3 of his 4 grandparents were from Ireland too. Wouldn't be that keen on him. 4 English men in the semis. Maybe a first
One side of his family from Donabate, the other side from Kilcock, married to a Balinteer woman, living in Dublin, best friend in snooker is Fergal O'Brien - I'm happy to claim him!

I don't like Selby or Kyren, so will be cheering for the others anyway. I put a fiver on Selby at 8/1 at the start to try and put him off, but would be happier to lose it than win the consolation!

Rich Ricci

The two semi finals are both evenly poised going into the final session and hopefully lead to a compelling days viewing. Bingham 13-11 up on Selby and Wilson vs Murphy all square at 12-12 despite  Murphy trailing 10-4. Wilson will have be glad to see the end of that session so hopefully he can come back refocused tonight.

Bingham played some fabulous stuff last night to win the session 6-2 and if he can keep up that standard I would expect him to edge through.

An Watcher

Some turnaround, thought both Wilson and Bingham were nailed on only to be outsiders now. Murphy especially was 4-10 down

quit yo jibbajabba

Thought at a stage Murphy was gona get demolished.

The other two would be happy if this one finishes early. Selbys a different boy altogether. 3 different re-racks i think. Playin on last nite tho he needed 5 snookers...

Rich Ricci

Murphy playing flawless snooker here. Punishing every small mistake.

Bingham got dragged into a dogfight and Selby is happy to play like that all day. He's hard to watch sometimes but super effective.

pbat

I find Selby hard to like, totally devoid of personality.

Hound

Magic from Murphy.

100% long shot success in final session, and finishes it off with a plant double. Sensational.

Bingham up against it v Selby.

ONeill

Quote from: pbat on May 01, 2021, 08:28:39 PM

The same way Davis was perceived in the 80s. Probably a funny enough lad. Just in the zone as a player.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

smort

Quote from: ONeill on May 01, 2021, 10:11:16 PM
Quote from: pbat on May 01, 2021, 08:28:39 PM

The same way Davis was perceived in the 80s. Probably a funny enough lad. Just in the zone as a player.

Good point oneill. Could compare him to Andy Murray

I like both by the way

An Watcher

The 5 snookers thing last night as ridiculous. I know the very very odd time people can come back needing 5 snookers but it's maybe 1/100 or 1/1000. Should be a rule if you need more than 2 snookers it's frame over. Knock all that time wasting on the head

quit yo jibbajabba

I sort of like and definitely respect Selby and his dogs of war outlook. Just sometimes he takes it too far and it all gets bogged down. Wouldve liked a murphy bingham final but hopin this ones good and is nip and tuck to the end

GiveItToTheShooters

Selbys a boring oul hure, his personality and his snooker game.
Hopefully Murphy does him.

ONeill

Selby is an annoying hoor all the same.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.