snooker world championship

Started by anportmorforjfc, April 09, 2007, 01:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

You haven't been pushing your red button as Ray and Hazel have been telling you to do Turk!

turk

Not everyone has the red button!

I have the red button myself but that willie thorn sickens my arse.

ExiledGael

Tell me about it, I don't have the stupid red button. Don't mind Willie Thorne, think he has the best idea of them all, especially in relation to breaking into a pack of reds. He always knows the best way to build a high break, ie developing reds, wheras Virgo just repeats evertything he says, any statement he says he will repeat the last few words again! starting to annoy me. Like old Dennis for the Dungannon factor, just a likeable character.
Couldn't listen to those Eurosport boys at all!

turk

Thorne's modus operandus (see) is

"ooh that was clumsy"
"ooh he got lucky there"
"careless"
"lucky again"

as bitter Willie watches one of the stars of today build up an easy break! I can't stand him.

Eurosport's lads are Joe Johnson and Mike Hallett!! At least Joe can pull the "show me your medals" line on Thorne!!

Anyways, higgins is gone in a good lead

Galwaybhoy

Selby has won his first frame in ages.  Badly needed and he needs to continue to add to that or this could turn out to be a hammering.

ExiledGael

Selby has come out flying today, he's laughing with the crowd relaxed and has taken the first four frames in a row before the mid session interval! Hope he can make it go the distance, probably just a case of no pressure and he's playing well. What then usually happens is the comeback player starts to realise he has a chance again, the pressure builds, he starts crapping it again and blows it!

ExiledGael

Higgins is on the ropes big time, could be a piece of history here, it's 12-9 now from 12-4 earlier, Higgins got in there and missed a total sitter! Selby back in with a great chance of going 12-10

Spiritof98

Bout of safety at the minute, 12-9 to higgins but he's 8-56 down, a BIG frame.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Spiritof98

ExiledGael

Just called the session to an end, I'd say Selby will be a bit annoyed, you would have fancied him to add the last two frames as well the way things were going. He'll obviously be delighted with that session, but Higgins needed the break to get his head in order, he probably can't believe what's happened

Galwaybhoy

Higgins will be relieved to get the break.  The final session should be very interesting.  I hope Selby goes on to win it.

tyroneboi

Gonna be a long night i reckon. Think Higgins might just sneak this one.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Hopefully the Wishaw wizard can keep his cool and claim his second title.

It would be nice to see the trophy paraded at Parkhead next week (against Aberdeen) again!  ;D
Tbc....

FermPundit

How late could this snooker go to? If it goes to 4 or 5 in the morning is there any chance of them stopping play and coming back later in the morning. I think I hear Vrigo say the latest finish in the crucible's history was 3.50am.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Spiritof98

Great win for Higgins, if it had went to the wire they would still be there.