TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Americans is reeeally slow moving not the same action at all. Still enjoyable and heavy going at the same time imo

themac_23

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 20, 2021, 12:52:31 PM
Americans is reeeally slow moving not the same action at all. Still enjoyable and heavy going at the same time imo
Loved The Americans, actually quite slow paced at times but really has you gripped too, Stan is a great character, id def recommend it

JimStynes

The Underground Railroad on prime is superb! Only up to episode 4 but some great performances and some brutal scenes to sit through.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JimStynes on May 20, 2021, 03:15:40 PM
The Underground Railroad on prime is superb! Only up to episode 4 but some great performances and some brutal scenes to sit through.
You're hardly watching it on Prime.

armaghniac

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 20, 2021, 05:44:52 PM

Why do you say this? It has been on Prime for the last few days, or at least my version of Prime.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 20, 2021, 11:43:51 AM
Really liked Homeland, was recommended The Americans on the back of that - agree?

The Spy with Sacha Baron Cohen from the espionage genre is pretty good too.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

JimStynes

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 20, 2021, 05:44:52 PM

I am surely. No need for a dodgy box anymore.

Farrandeelin

Quien a mato a Sara is very good.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

laoislad

I'm rewatching Band of Brothers at the moment. Brilliant show.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

An Watcher

Rewatched it a year ago so will leave it a while but a great show. Loved the actual soldiers coming on recounting their experiences

Milltown Row2

Episode 5 of Mare of Easttown!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Quote from: laoislad on May 20, 2021, 09:33:48 PM

Fantastic. The attack on Foy is one of the greatest scenes in TV history. Pacific is also good, though not as good as BoB.

JimStynes

I've watched it about 100 times and it gets better and better. I love the interviews with the soldiers at the start of each episode. Major Winters was some man!! Can't we count it as a proper series? If so then it's up there as my favourite ever.

laoislad

Quote from: JimStynes on May 20, 2021, 11:48:07 PM

I've watched it about 100 times and it gets better and better. I love the interviews with the soldiers at the start of each episode. Major Winters was some man!! Can't we count it as a proper series? If so then it's up there as my favourite ever.

This is a brilliant YouTube channel for interviews with World War 2 soldiers.
https://youtube.com/c/MemoirsofWWII
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Newbridge Exile

Just finished the final series of The Americans and would have to say it's the best series I have watched in a long long time. it can be a bit of a slow burn at times but the acting , storylines and the 80's soundtrack were a fantastic combination.