Started by 118cmal, March 25, 2009, 12:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: stpauls on July 16, 2010, 11:39:44 PM
Quote from: ross4life on July 16, 2010, 11:14:02 PM
Quote from: stpauls on July 16, 2010, 11:10:06 PM
Quote from: ross4life on July 16, 2010, 10:47:25 PM
bit of both have 3 days

well i can give you a couple of things to see but what do you prefer to do when on holiday, do you want to just take it easy or do you want to do some touristy (spl) stuff?

Touristy in day take it easy at night as i do with most cities

not in Munich during the Oktoberfest!!  :P

but if you do want a few things to do, go to the Oktoberfest site during the day and use some of the fairground rides and things.
also, if you are looking a relaxing day, just wander round the pedestrian area, Marienplatz to Karlsplatz, as well as the Hofgarten and the Englisher Gartens, some beautiful buildings and a very large green area.

if you are looking to do some sightseeing, go to Schloss Nymphenburg and Olympia Park. make sure you go up the tower in the park for some great fews of the city, and if the weather is clear enough, you might even see The Alps when you are up there.
you could even go to the BMW museum to see some classic and F1 cars.
if you want a day trip out of the city, take in the Dachau prison camp just to see it for what it was.

Cheers i'll keep those tips in mind
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

stpauls

ross4life

Well that was an experience & a half  :D

Few tips for others wishing to go next year

Avoid Saturday night cause it's crazy... massive queues to get into everything.. other night's are fine! most table's are pre-booked in the tents but if you stand at a table you'll get served

Olympia Park is a great place to walk off an hangover & the BMW museum is half price one hour before it closes

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

StGallsGAA

any more pics ross?  looks like ball!

the Deel Rover

jesus ross4life ya pickeda great table
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Santino

Looks class! Was in Munich few months ago and it was cracker then too.
Anyone know if the Belfast incarnation on this yr? Was quality last yr but no word of it this yr, or sign online.

ross4life

Have a few more pics from the other night's that i'll upload later...

This year the average price for two pints glasses were € 8.90 & tents are opened from 11am to 11pm

ross4life

More photos..

one of the bands

The Food

The Drink

Has anyone been to this? http://www.oktoberfest-dublin.com/ i might tag along this weekend to see how it compares to the real thing

Puckoon

Jesus I could stare at that last picture for hours.

Geoff Tipps

QuoteHas anyone been to this? http://www.oktoberfest-dublin.com/ i might tag along this weekend to see how it compares to the real thing

Yeah was at it last year, probably go tomorrow as well. Had a good laugh at it. I think they only have a few different beers though which I'd iamgine is nothing like the real thing.

ross4life

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on October 08, 2010, 04:48:18 PM
QuoteHas anyone been to this? http://www.oktoberfest-dublin.com/ i might tag along this weekend to see how it compares to the real thing

Yeah was at it last year, probably go tomorrow as well. Had a good laugh at it. I think they only have a few different beers though which I'd iamgine is nothing like the real thing.

The beers they had/i seen was Lowenbrau, Hacker-Pschorr, Hofbrau, Augustiner, Spaten and Paulaner all Munich beer's i think?

& i hear the Dublin one has pigs on spits? didn't see that at oktoberfest but plenty of chicken's

caughtredhanded

Was at it a few years ago, savage craic. I was wearing a 2003 Tyrone shirt and these lads come over and say "vas is Dolan?" It took me a second to realise they had spotted the big WJ Dolan on my shirt. I said "Das is Fussball Irelande" and they let a big roar out of them "Irelande ist gud!" Great place for a break, the Germans are magnificent hosts.