The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

What's happening down there right now is an absolute disgrace-5 kids under 7 found abandoned in the desert by a farmer

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/texas-farmer-migrant-girls-border-b1845721.html%3famp

dec

Dominion Voting machines hacked the pipeline.

Eamonnca1

Liz Cheney is now officially cancelled for having the audacity to say the truth about the election. The GOP is now a mentally unhinged cult of lies.

J70

Quote from: whitey on May 12, 2021, 05:36:55 PM
What's happening down there right now is an absolute disgrace-5 kids under 7 found abandoned in the desert by a farmer

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/texas-farmer-migrant-girls-border-b1845721.html%3famp

One of them 11 months old. The others 2, 3, 5 and 7.

How bad must things be in Honduras and Guatemala that parents would send such young children with the type of sc**bag smugglers who would just ditch them?

Gmac

Quote from: dec on May 12, 2021, 05:51:32 PM
the fbi or cia should have no problem finding out who did it once they are done making videos about diversity and lgbqt acceptance in their agencies.

J70

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 12, 2021, 06:03:04 PM
Liz Cheney is now officially cancelled for having the audacity to say the truth about the election. The GOP is now a mentally unhinged cult of lies.

Just wait until a Kevin McCarthy-led House refuses to accept the results of a presidential election and seats "alternate" delegates from red states. That's where the GOP is headed.

I can't stand Liz Cheney's politics, but at least her worldview is based in reality, however much I might disagree with her interpretations and views, and she has the courage of her convictions and limits to the craziness she'll publicly stand behind.

Most of the rest of the party are either (a) spineless opportunists out to reap the benefits of pandering to the lunatic base who control the primaries and thus, in most cases, general election successes even if they personally don't believe a word of what they're spewing (i.e. Ted Cruz, Kevin McCarthy, Josh Hawley, Elise Stefanik, even Mitch McConnell when it comes down to it) or (b) genuinely representative of their batshit crazy constituents (Marjorie Taylor Greene, yer one with the guns from Colorado, Matt Gaetz etc.).

J70

Quote from: Gmac on May 12, 2021, 07:02:17 PM
the fbi or cia should have no problem finding out who did it once they are done making videos about diversity and lgbqt acceptance in their agencies.

I worked for the federal government for a few years.

The diversity training was something that took about half an hour out of my year. It was also very appropriate and on point. And similar to what I sit through in my current private sector job.

One wonders why you would be so upset by it?

Eamonnca1

Quote from: J70 on May 12, 2021, 07:11:11 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 12, 2021, 06:03:04 PM

Just wait until a Kevin McCarthy-led House refuses to accept the results of a presidential election and seats "alternate" delegates from red states. That's where the GOP is headed.

I can't stand Liz Cheney's politics, but at least her worldview is based in reality, however much I might disagree with her interpretations and views, and she has the courage of her convictions and limits to the craziness she'll publicly stand behind.

Most of the rest of the party are either (a) spineless opportunists out to reap the benefits of pandering to the lunatic base who control the primaries and thus, in most cases, general election successes even if they personally don't believe a word of what they're spewing (i.e. Ted Cruz, Kevin McCarthy, Josh Hawley, Elise Stefanik, even Mitch McConnell when it comes down to it) or (b) genuinely representative of their batshit crazy constituents (Marjorie Taylor Greene, yer one with the guns from Colorado, Matt Gaetz etc.).

The conservatives have lost their goddamn minds. They're sinking deeper into fascism and prepared to bring the US to its knees through a hostile takeover that overrules the will of the people, by force if necessary.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on May 12, 2021, 07:13:18 PM

The diversity training was something that took about half an hour out of my year. It was also very appropriate and on point. And similar to what I sit through in my current private sector job.

I'm not upset about it at all just wondering about priorities. You worked for the federal government in the past not today so kind of irrelevant, big changes in last couple of years left wing kooks have infiltrated everywhere.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on May 12, 2021, 07:46:14 PM

I'm not upset about it at all just wondering about priorities. You worked for the federal government in the past not today so kind of irrelevant, big changes in last couple of years left wing kooks have infiltrated everywhere.

I left three years ago, more than a year into Trump's administration. My wife still works for the feds. I have a number of friends working for various agencies. Never once has anyone spoken about left wing kooks or over the top diversity training.

But sure go ahead and tell us about the information you are apparently privy to.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on May 13, 2021, 12:02:57 AM
Quote from: Gmac on May 12, 2021, 07:46:14 PM

I left three years ago, more than a year into Trump's administration. My wife still works for the feds. I have a number of friends working for various agencies. Never once has anyone spoken about left wing kooks or over the top diversity training.

But sure go ahead and tell us about the information you are apparently privy to.
I better watch out or the irs will be after me .

Eamonnca1

Well darn. Republicans should have welcomed and approved the independent, bipartisan commission so it could prove the violent, destructive mob was Antifa agitators wearing Trump apparel, carrying Trump flags, and shouting Trump rhetoric. How odd for them to block it.

J70

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 28, 2021, 06:21:38 PM
Well darn. Republicans should have welcomed and approved the independent, bipartisan commission so it could prove the violent, destructive mob was Antifa agitators wearing Trump apparel, carrying Trump flags, and shouting Trump rhetoric. How odd for them to block it.

Another missed opportunity to take their party back from the Dear Leader.

Apparently these Trump-worshiping, Stop-the-Steal, QAnon, Proud Boy yahoos are systematically taking over local and state party branches all over the country, locking the normal, sane members and officers out.

And with the gutless, spineless cuck that is Kevin McCarthy likely going to be the next Speaker, this country is headed for some fairly dark times.

Eamonnca1

Well that's the long weekend out of the way. I quite enjoyed the long weekend, even though we all had a cold here. How was everyone else's long weekend? We spent a bit of the long weekend at the beach yesterday, a good way to round off the long weekend. I do enjoy a good long weekend.

screenexile

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 01, 2021, 08:57:17 PM
Well that's the long weekend out of the way. I quite enjoyed the long weekend, even though we all had a cold here. How was everyone else's long weekend? We spent a bit of the long weekend at the beach yesterday, a good way to round off the long weekend. I do enjoy a good long weekend.

Disgusting how dare you enjoy yourself when you're supposed to be remembering the Military's sacrifice... damn liberals have no respect for the flag!!