Dublin v Derry - 14 March 2009

Started by Hound, March 12, 2009, 08:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Throw-in at Parnell Park is at 7.30pm on Saturday evening.

Its pay at the gate, and its live on Setanta for those who can't make it.

Referee is Longford's John Bannon.

Hearing that Paddy Bradley is back fit and available after missing last week, but haven't heard the Derry selection yet.

Dublin have named an unchanged line-up. Flynn, Fennell and Moran all out injured for Dublin. Quinn has resumed training but will not be considered for a few weeks. Alan Brogan came off the bench last week, but according to the line-up remains on the bench. Ciaran Whelan is the captain as Gilroy continues the policy of rotating captaincy during the league.

S Cluxton
P Andrews, D Bastick, A Hubbard
J Brogan, G Brennan, B Cahill
C Whelan, R McConnell
D Connolly, C Keaney, D Henry
B Kelly, K Bonner, B Brogan

INDIANA

I doubt that team will line out as selected. Derry are a good side but at home I would fancy Dublin narrowly. If Paddy Bradley and Mulddon start it could be a cracker if its a  good evening. James Kielt for Derry looks quite a talent as well and with Fergal Doherty at midfield Derry are building a nice side. Derry need to win to stay in the hunt for the top2 , we need the win to get rid of any threat of relegation and build from there.

lynchbhoy

two teams still experimenting
What is it with Mickey whelan that he thiks all brigids lads are feckin defenders (esp when they are not)!
you need naturals (exp) at this level, not novice square pegs in round holes.

Whats the name of that pub on collins ave heading away from Parnell pk ?

screenexile

Looking forward to this one and think I'm going to head back to the big schmoke to make a day of it. Should be a good days craic with the Egg chasing on beforehand.

Have seen a few Dublin games on TV and if we make the necessary changes from last week I see no reason why we can't win this game. We played awful last week and still only lost by 2 points which is a main by product of our defensive system. If we can get a handle on Brogan I wouldn't be too worried of any of the other Dublin forwards. I fancy it to be a better game than that against Kerry last week which was ruined by the tight pitch but there should be a bit more room in Parnell Park to play around with so I'm going for an away win by 2 points.

screenexile

Is it Kitty Kiernans?? I think that's where my pre match scoops will be anyway... probably watch the Rugby there too LB if you're about?!

Canalman

Screenexile, you will be sadly disappointed if you are lookin for space in Parnell Park. A terribly tight pitch imo, which has led to many average Dublin players being caught out later on in the championship in the wide expanses of CP.

southoftheborder

heading down for about 4ish, to catch the rugby, anywere near parnell which would be recommended?

Drumanee 1

Quote from: Canalman on March 12, 2009, 02:24:20 PM
Screenexile, you will be sadly disappointed if you are lookin for space in Parnell Park. A terribly tight pitch imo, which has led to many average Dublin players being caught out later on in the championship in the wide expanses of CP.

our boys will be used to a tight pitch,isnt that right lads ;)

INDIANA

You wont find any GAA pitch as big as Croker Canalman. PP is average size. If you think its too small, try and run up and down it a few times ;). Its quite wide but not that long. In theory every player is a WIP until they play in Croker regardless of county.
I agree Lynchy I would like to setup a petition not to play Andrews in the backs anymore, chronic waste of talent.

screenexile

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on March 12, 2009, 02:26:28 PM

our boys will be used to a tight pitch,isnt that right lads ;)

Didn't seem that used to it on Sunday past... seeing as they scored 1-18 last time they were on a decent sized pitch I'm sure they'll appreciate something a little bigger !!!  ;D ;D ;D

lynchbhoy

Quote from: INDIANA on March 12, 2009, 03:22:54 PM

You wont find any GAA pitch as big as Croker Canalman. PP is average size. If you think its too small, try and run up and down it a few times ;). Its quite wide but not that long. In theory every player is a WIP until they play in Croker regardless of county.
I agree Lynchy I would like to setup a petition not to play Andrews in the backs anymore, chronic waste of talent.
him and Lally, but I'm not going to get caught up in that whole debate again !

Screen, I am meeting with 'Isourboydownyet' so will be trying that pub, not sure what time though, might miss the rugby - well theres a bigger game on isnt there !You still have my mob number ?

INDIANA

We'll argue there lynchy Lally is not a forward and they are correct to use him as a half back. He was man of the match in the sigerson final as a wing back and thats his best position. He isn't a forward.

heffo

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 12, 2009, 01:44:35 PM
two teams still experimenting
What is it with Mickey whelan that he thiks all brigids lads are feckin defenders (esp when they are not)!
you need naturals (exp) at this level, not novice square pegs in round holes.

Whats the name of that pub on collins ave heading away from Parnell pk ?

Kavanaghs or Graingers - both on Malahide rd..

heffo

Quote from: screenexile on March 12, 2009, 01:50:21 PM
Is it Kitty Kiernans?? I think that's where my pre match scoops will be anyway... probably watch the Rugby there too LB if you're about?!

Nah thats in Whitehall..

móidín doire

Derry Team named: interesting enough line up... obviously giving all the boys a chance and trying a few different positions etc.

1                  John Deighan

2                  Kevin Mc Guckian
3                  Naill Mc Cusker
4                  S.M. Lockhart

5                  Paul Cartin
6                  Barry Mc Goldrick
7                  Sean Leo Mc Goldrick

8                  Fergal Doherty
9                  Enda Muldoon

10                Enda Lynn
11                Paul Murphy
12                Paul Young