Dublin v Derry - 14 March 2009

Started by Hound, March 12, 2009, 08:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Buzaglo

Sonny Joe - was at them surely!  Was also in Bellaghy last week and the amount of ball won at midfield was nothing short of alarming.  I think its fair to say that in recent years our best ball winning combination has been Bradley and Doherty (ably assisted by Muldoon at times as well as the ball winning skills of Murphy).

In response the the other question, my half back line would be O'Kane, McCusker and McGuigan (With McKaigue as first back up for winghalf - he will be a superb county player in time).  I would also utilise Barry McGoldrick in the position that McGuigan is currently employed in.

Will we ever see another one?

isourboydownyet

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on March 13, 2009, 11:20:52 AM
Lynch, if "isourboydownyet" is meeting you for the rugby, he wont see a ball kicked in the Gaelic. He isn't called two beers for nothing !! Hope you have broad shoulders to carry him.

your some boy to be talkin,had to carry you many a time,sorry thats not true i never played reserve :D

lynchbhoy

Quote from: isourboydownyet on March 13, 2009, 02:45:23 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on March 13, 2009, 11:20:52 AM
Lynch, if "isourboydownyet" is meeting you for the rugby, he wont see a ball kicked in the Gaelic. He isn't called two beers for nothing !! Hope you have broad shoulders to carry him.

your some boy to be talkin,had to carry you many a time,sorry thats not true i never played reserve :D
apart from the footballing days, this reminds me of the time I had to carry a former cavan CHB home from a night out on the rip - 2 miles on ma fcukin shoulder from dundalk town sq to where he lived ...stopping every few minutes for the fcuker to puke !

Doire abú

Tyrone Dreamer

Did I here the guy on Setanta wrong,  thought he said he expected 400 or 500 at this? Surely that can't be right,maybe he meant 4 or 5,000.

superman321

Dublin 0-7 Derry 0-9 at half time

Free flowing game

magickingdom

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on March 14, 2009, 07:09:21 PM
Did I here the guy on Setanta wrong,  thought he said he expected 400 or 500 at this? Surely that can't be right,maybe he meant 4 or 5,000.

there at least 5000 there but thats as small a crowd as i've seen in pp in years. the dubd probably didnt make it home yet from the liv v man u match ;)

INDIANA

Congrats to derry. Fine performance. Magic its in keeping with the apathy around the scene. the hurlers will be drawing bigger crowds soon.
We were an absolute disgrace. We were so bad I'm thinking of opening the johnny walkers , i'll post later when I gather my thoughts.

magickingdom

hard to know how dublin were so bad, they really were awful. derry have some great individual players but they aint world beaters and they made the dubs look very bad. no fight in them at all..

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: magickingdom on March 14, 2009, 08:28:23 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on March 14, 2009, 07:09:21 PM

there at least 5000 there but thats as small a crowd as i've seen in pp in years. the dubd probably didnt make it home yet from the liv v man u match ;)

Frig sake there'll not be many club houses built round the country with tonights gate receipts. Maybe the pro croke park dublin supporters count this as an away game and boycotted the match.

INDIANA

Will you ever and go and f**k off. If you've nothing to add to this thread in a footballing sense dreamer then piss off. Another nordie who loves ruining threads by hijacking them.

Maguire01

Won a few quid on Derry tonight. Was surprised at how generous the bookies' odds were for this one. So, Dublin very much in the relegation mix now, especially with Mayo away and Kerry still to play.

Hound

Hats off to Derry who kicked some tremendous scores and totally dominated the 2nd half.

Ger Brennan is worth his place on the team, but definitely not at 6.

It'll be Henry and Griffin at 2 and 4 come championship, because they are our best two intercounty corner backs.

Most insipid Dublin performance in Parnell that I can remember.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 14, 2009, 09:56:18 PM
Won a few quid on Derry tonight. Was surprised at how generous the bookies' odds were for this one. So, Dublin very much in the relegation mix now, especially with Mayo away and Kerry still to play.

Actually got me thinking about betting on Dublin games. You obviously will always get more generous odds on the opposition than you should due to Dublin's population. Certainly over the last few years if you bet against Dublin in all league games and championship matches outside Leinster you'd surely be up considerably.

Thought Derry looked excellent at times tonight, they moved the ball really well. Was impressed with Muldoon round the middle and wonder has be been wasted in the full forward line for much of his inter county career. There are other positives for them like Lynn, Eoin Bradley and the half back line. Cassidy looks like he's doing a good job so far and will be interested to see if he can translate these type of performances into championship form. Derry are going to be very dangerous this year. I dont think they'll win the All Ireland but I think they'll be much tougher to beat than previously. Is Mark Lynch injured or out of Cassidys plans at the minute?

Indiana I see you using this "Nordie" term quite a lot to put people down. You seem to be big into your geography. Just out of interest you southie who exactly are you referring to with this term? Everyone north of Dublin? Everyone in Ulster? Antrim,Down,Tyrone,Derry,Fermanagh,Armagh?

Hound

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on March 14, 2009, 11:58:25 PM
Indiana I see you using this "Nordie" term quite a lot to put people down. You seem to be big into your geography. Just out of interest you southie who exactly are you referring to with this term? Everyone north of Dublin? Everyone in Ulster? Antrim,Down,Tyrone,Derry,Fermanagh,Armagh?

As a Nordie you have the persecution complex off to a tee anyway.