The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bensars

13.^ "Argentine star rules out exit". SkySports.com. 2006-08-02. http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=407182&plid=40672&clid=127&cpid=103. Retrieved 2007-03-04.
14.^ "Hammers complete huge coup". Sky Sports. 2006-08-31. http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=413424&plid=40672&clid=21&cpid=8. Retrieved 2007-03-04.

QuoteAt the Masch was asked about the possibility of joining city. He dismissed and was making point that money isn't everything, history means something to him and the culture of the club.
:o :o :o

I think you should  check for contradictions there Bingobus

QuoteSouth American going to Europe to play football shocker!   None of them stay at home for feck sake, even the Russian league pays more. And then he moved to West Ham for the money!!

Yeah, he has jumped club ever since to milk the money. He has signed for liverpool, not media sports investments. Its very common in South America for players to do that, they pay their club a transfer fee and they take it cause they don't have a pot to piss in.

Masch plays with his heart on his sleeve. Thats enough for me.

Thats some U turn

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Boycey on March 10, 2010, 01:17:07 PM
While agreeing that the article is a load of shite and that Samuel is indeed an arse I wouldn't be holding Masch up as somebody who holds the history of Liverpool that close to his heart. Like most modern day footballers he'll spend 2-3 or 4 years max at several clubs throughout his career maximising his earnings as he does so. He'll give his all for any club he plays for (as he does with Liverpool) he's just lucky that he's talented enough to be be able to pick and choose where his next stop might be. I don't think there is much wrong with this attitude to be honest, in this era of mega money contracts its just us fans that have emotional attachments to clubs.
yip, think that post sums it up
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Bensars

While agreeing that the article is a load of shite and that Samuel is indeed an arse I wouldn't be holding Masch up as somebody who holds the history of Liverpool that close to his heart. Like most modern day footballers he'll spend 2-3 or 4 years max at several clubs throughout his career maximising his earnings as he does so. He'll give his all for any club he plays for (as he does with Liverpool) he's just lucky that he's talented enough to be be able to pick and choose where his next stop might be. I don't think there is much wrong with this attitude to be honest, in this era of mega money contracts its just us fans that have emotional attachments to clubs.

I'd say thats spot on Boycey.

The difference is that you are not letting your emotions cloud your analysis of this situation

bingobus

Quote from: Bensars on March 10, 2010, 01:41:29 PM

The difference is that you are not letting your emotions cloud your analysis of this situation

I'd agree with Boycey. I'm not niave and know the majority of footballers look at the pounds first and foremost.

My first post on this issue still stands though. Samuels wrote a shit article and your posts suggested that he was purely a money man. I wouldn't have him down as that, he's very well paid and knows his market rate. In terms of return, as crazy as the money is, he is value for it. If he leaves I can see him going to Barca or Real, cause they will match his ambition in footballing terms. He knows he'll get the money. City have only money to offer and I believe thats the point he's making.

Bensars

So much then for  the History and Culture of the Club ?     As you noted earlier

Boycey

Quote from: bingobus on March 10, 2010, 02:03:24 PM
Quote from: Bensars on March 10, 2010, 01:41:29 PM

I'd agree with Boycey. I'm not niave and know the majority of footballers look at the pounds first and foremost.

My first post on this issue still stands though. Samuels wrote a shit article and your posts suggested that he was purely a money man. I wouldn't have him down as that, he's very well paid and knows his market rate. In terms of return, as crazy as the money is, he is value for it. If he leaves I can see him going to Barca or Real, cause they will match his ambition in footballing terms. He knows he'll get the money. City have only money to offer and I believe thats the point he's making.

City have only money to offer but if he was offered 200k of it a week I'd say he'd take it (as would 99% of players)

bingobus

Quote from: Bensars on March 10, 2010, 02:06:18 PM
So much then for  the History and Culture of the Club ?     As you noted earlier

Read my last post again.  ::)

Bensars

Sorry bingobus, i picked you up wrong.

Its not the money, Its the history and the culture of the potential club he would be joining thats the important factor.

bingobus

Quote from: Bensars on March 10, 2010, 02:44:43 PM

Its not the money, Its the history and the culture of the potential club he would be joining thats the important factor.

Oh do f**k off w**ker.

full back

Quote from: bingobus on March 10, 2010, 02:45:56 PM

Oh do f**k off w**ker.

:D :D
Get off the fence there BB

Masch is like the majority or professional players, and wouldnt give a fcuk about the history or culture of the scousers.

I think you now realise this ;)

Bensars

Quote from: bingobus on March 10, 2010, 02:45:56 PM

Oh do f**k off w**ker.

:D :D

Doogie Browser

What did you lot make of the comments by the perennial Fergie Brown-noser Dave Whelan yesterday?

Boycey

Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 10, 2010, 04:40:15 PM
What did you lot make of the comments by the perennial Fergie Brown-noser Dave Whelan yesterday?

The chairman of one premiership club has a go at the manager of another, so whats that got to do with the manager of a third club?????

Actually when you strip away the obvious media sensationalism he's got a point

Gabriel_Hurl

With Madrid crashing out - we may get rid of Rafa yet

EC Unique

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 10, 2010, 10:13:00 PM
With Madrid crashing out - we may get rid of Rafa yet

KRAP please KRAP   :o