The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Sorry seanie. when I read this..

QuoteA couple of very dodgy tackles by Torres and especially Gerrard. Ian Dowie described that kind of tackle (Gerrards) accurately last week.

I assumed you were a lot stronger. Gerrard's was a dodgy tackle (although Torres' wasn't to be fair), but you'll see worse in every game this year. It was 'dodgy' at worst. Maybe I was just surprised you made mention of it at all.

full back

Quote from: Minder on March 09, 2010, 09:59:44 AM
So you can prove he was giving him the fingers as opposed to perhaps Gerrard saying "that was only my second foul" ?

Thats what I would think as well

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: EC Unique on March 09, 2010, 09:40:34 AM
Quote from: 118cmal on March 09, 2010, 09:24:36 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6011308,00.html

Didn't catch the game myself but did anyone see Gerrard and this V-sign?  Of course the FA will hardly retrospectively punish the new England captain

I can't imagine that Gerrard is stupid enough to give the fingers to the ref straight to his face. More likely he's pointing out it's his 2nd time doing something (giving away a foul maybe).

Carmen Stateside

Its more a case of the English Rags trying to get something on the " England captain".  I wonder if Gerrard had the three lions on his chest would he have had the same performance.  Think he has one eye on the world cup already!

EC Unique

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on March 09, 2010, 12:39:23 PM
Its more a case of the English Rags trying to get something on the " England captain".  I wonder if Gerrard had the three lions on his chest would he have had the same performance.  Think he has one eye on the world cup already!

Think you are right. Lets hope all he sees of the world cup is on the tv watching the final like the rest of us.

GalwayBayBoy

bingobus

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 10, 2010, 12:11:03 PM
Quote from: bingobus on March 10, 2010, 11:59:48 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 10, 2010, 11:53:54 AM
Sensitive Liverpool fans... look away now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1256723/Martin-Samuel-Wigans-win-Liverpool--hows-history-Javier-Mascherano.html?ITO=1490

What a shite article.

Why so?

At the Masch was asked about the possibility of joining city. He dismissed and was making point that money isn't everything, history means something to him and the culture of the club.

Samuels has turned this into Masch running down a club and then totally misses the point by saying every club has a "history". A blind man would know that this isn't the history that Masch is talking about. He then tries and compares the Liverpool of the 70's/80's to the Man City of today as been the big spenders. He even contradicts himself by saying Liverpool got some real bargains in Hansen, Lawernson, Daglish etc. Even his dig at Masch for sitting at West Ham while a richer employer came along is laughable. He couldn't even get a game for them and was totally out of the picture till Rafa took him to Liverpool.

He seems to have a problem with Masch and goes in hard in him. Shite article. Samuels usual standard.

Bensars

QuoteAt the Masch was asked about the possibility of joining city. He dismissed and was making point that money isn't everything, history means something to him and the culture of the club.

What a crock of shite.

That rationale wasnt evident when he left river plate after winning the Argentine League to join corinthians in Brazil where he also won the brazilan league.

Guess what ? he was off again this time to Europe. And for someone for whom money isnt everything he made the very strange decision of signing not for a club but  media sports investments.

"The 2006 Brazilian Série A also went badly for Corinthians, and at one stage they were battling against relegation. In June, the league season was interrupted for the 2006 World Cup.

Although his performance drew the attention of European clubs, he stated his desire to remain with Corinthians, to help with the relegation battle, and postponed any transfer until January at the earliest.[13] However, hours before the northern summer 2006 transfer window closed, Mascherano joined West Ham United for an undisclosed fee along with team-mate Carlos Tévez."

4 Years later, History could repeat itself.  If you have any young fellas Bingobus, dont be getting any new Liverpool jerseys printed with a name just yet !

full back

Quote from: bingobus on March 10, 2010, 12:29:51 PM

At the Masch was asked about the possibility of joining city. He dismissed and was making point that money isn't everything, history means something to him and the culture of the club.

:D
Dont make me laugh bb
History & the culture of the scousers mean fcuk all to him

Money & success are his only drivers

bingobus

Quote from: Bensars on March 10, 2010, 12:44:28 PM
QuoteAt the Masch was asked about the possibility of joining city. He dismissed and was making point that money isn't everything, history means something to him and the culture of the club.

What a crock of shite.

That rationale wasnt evident when he left river plate after winning the Argentine League to join corinthians in Brazil where he also won the brazilan league.

Guess what ? he was off again this time to Europe. And for someone for whom money isnt everything he made the very strange decision of signing not for a club but  media sports investments.

South American going to Europe to play football shocker!  ::) None of them stay at home for feck sake, even the Russian league pays more. And then he moved to West Ham for the money!!

Yeah, he has jumped club ever since to milk the money. He has signed for liverpool, not media sports investments. Its very common in South America for players to do that, they pay their club a transfer fee and they take it cause they don't have a pot to piss in.

Masch plays with his heart on his sleeve. Thats enough for me.

Bensars

"The 2006 Brazilian Série A also went badly for Corinthians, and at one stage they were battling against relegation. In June, the league season was interrupted for the 2006 World Cup.

Although his performance drew the attention of European clubs, he stated his desire to remain with Corinthians, to help with the relegation battle, and postponed any transfer until January at the earliest.[13] However, hours before the northern summer 2006 transfer window closed, Mascherano joined West Ham United for an undisclosed fee along with team-mate Carlos Tévez."

4 Years later, History could repeat itself.  If you have any young fellas Bingobus, dont be getting any new Liverpool jerseys printed with a name just yet !

bingobus

Quote from: Bensars on March 10, 2010, 12:56:57 PM

Wiki  ::)