Dunphy -a decent guy

Started by longrunsthefox, January 30, 2009, 10:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

SLIGONIAN

Its a 32,000 euro jesture and no matter what some people earn alot would not give up that. We all messed up at one time or another but Dunphy underneath all is alright.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

BennyHarp

Its like everything Dunphy does - an effort to get attention! Just like his analysis style - his comments are made purely to provoke reactions and needle people who he feels are in a position more powerful than his own. This is exactly the same!
That was never a square ball!!

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Hound on January 30, 2009, 11:05:57 AM
He didn't have to do it, and it might save one job. So fair play. There's a bit of the Niall Quinns about it, but the really positive thing is now journalists are going to be tormenting Pat Kenny, Gerry Ryan, Joe Duffy etc into doing the same thing.

I'm sure Dunphy would love the comparison to Quinn :D This will probably get Dunphy some attention alright but I don't think that's the motive, 32k is a lot of money to get attention, there's a lot of other things he could do if attention was his sole motive. We're way too cynical

Regarding the players I think Stephen Carr is the player who complained about having to go to a children's hospital, never heard the Eastern European one, that's shocking. Carr is well known for being a tit.

Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

longrunsthefox

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on January 30, 2009, 12:22:58 PM
He didn't have to do it, and it might save one job. So fair play. There's a bit of the Niall Quinns about it, but the really positive thing is now journalists are going to be tormenting Pat Kenny, Gerry Ryan, Joe Duffy etc into doing the same thing.

I'm sure Dunphy would love the comparison to Quinn :D This will probably get Dunphy some attention alright but I don't think that's the motive, 32k is a lot of money to get attention, there's a lot of other things he could do if attention was his sole motive. We're way too cynical

Regarding the players I think Stephen Carr is the player who complained about having to go to a children's hospital, never heard the Eastern European one, that's shocking. Carr is well known for being a tit.
Dunphy hardly craving attention at this stage-case of you're damned if you do and damned if you don't...

longrunsthefox

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 30, 2009, 12:26:27 PM

Oops! Fox erred on where to put comment... early days...anyway is case of he is damned if he do and damned if he don't 

stpauls

i don't think that we are too cynical, i think it due to alot of us being worried in the current climate we live in, and whether we will make it through, and his gesture to 'show his solidarity' with the common man is a bit patronising. as i stated before, i would have the same reaction, no matter who it was!!

muppet

Quote from: drici on January 30, 2009, 11:43:14 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 30, 2009, 11:37:39 AM
Well, we're agreed on that anyway! There was a Republic of Ireland player a few years ago (can't remember which) who was annoyed that Brain Kerr made them visit childrens hospitals. God love him 

Who is the one that Tom Humphries writes about sometimes who tore up a wad of money in front of impoverished children in an eastern European country?

Albania wasn't it? And he was setting fire to it in front of them, as I recall.
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Quote from: stpauls on January 30, 2009, 12:51:18 PM

i don't think that we are too cynical, i think it due to alot of us being worried in the current climate we live in, and whether we will make it through, and his gesture to 'show his solidarity' with the common man is a bit patronising. as i stated before, i would have the same reaction, no matter who it was!!
Balls you would. The problem here is it is Dunphy and not the gesture itself. If he was asked to take a cut and refused he would be getting it on here too. Nothing is enough for some people.

thejuice

Quote from: muppet on January 30, 2009, 01:01:23 PM
Well, we're agreed on that anyway! There was a Republic of Ireland player a few years ago (can't remember which) who was annoyed that Brain Kerr made them visit childrens hospitals. God love him 

Who is the one that Tom Humphries writes about sometimes who tore up a wad of money in front of impoverished children in an eastern European country?

f**k sake, what a ****, I'm even less inclined to watch that shower of shit-heads kick a ball about after reading that.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Tony Baloney

Quote from: muppet on January 30, 2009, 01:01:23 PM

Is anyone going to have the nuts to name this clown or even drop a few unsubtle hints?

Even by the normal low standards of the average Premiership player this takes a bit of beating.

stpauls

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 30, 2009, 01:04:28 PM
Quote from: stpauls on January 30, 2009, 12:51:18 PM

Balls you would. The problem here is it is Dunphy and not the gesture itself. If he was asked to take a cut and refused he would be getting it on here too. Nothing is enough for some people.

how would you know if i would or not, you know f**k all about me!! wind your neck in! some of us work damn hard for a living, getting paid a lot less than 10% of what he is taking home, even after his so call pay cut. i wouldn't care if he refused, but some one coming on here glorifying a man who takes a cut from a wage that is already totally unjustifiable (sp), now that annoys me!!

full back

Calm down stpauls, calm down  ;)

I wouldnt say he is being glorified as such, moreso highlighting that he isnt a bad fecker
If he had come out & said he wasnt taking a pay cut what would you say?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: full back on January 30, 2009, 01:21:17 PM
Calm down stpauls, calm down  ;)

I wouldnt say he is being glorified as such, moreso highlighting that he isnt a bad fecker
If he had come out & said he wasnt taking a pay cut what would you say?
He'd probably be okay with that as Dunphy obviously  ::) isn't the problem.

Declan

QuoteEven by the normal low standards of the average Premiership player this takes a bit of beating.

I'd have thought the average Premiership player is sound enough and that it's a minority that have low standards. Whatever his motivation or what you think about Eamo I say fair play to him.