The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: peterquaife on January 28, 2009, 12:45:15 PM
I'm no Sherlock, but this is the way the next two games will play out...Rafa's hand is forced and even he isnt stubborn enough not to pick what he genuinely thinks is his best starting 11. Liverpool win and the revival starts....well until the next game at the weekend, when Keane is dropped (after scoring tonight), Benayoun and Lucas start and another draw is the result.

PQ
Predicting Rafa's teams is a fool's errand, but no better man...

I think he'll stick with 4-2-3-1. Aurelio may challenge Dossena for left back, though Dossena did reasonably well at the weekend. Mascherano protecting the back 4, Alonso to control the middle and then 3 lads supporting Torres, probably Kuyt-Gerrard-Riera.

With Gerrard and Torres linking up well again, Mascherano finally finding some form and Alonso being consistently good, I think this will be the formation for the rest of the season (assuming those mentioned are always available). Keane will be on the bench, and hopefully he'll get a run. I'd like to see what he could contribute in Kuyt's position in that formation.

GalwayBayBoy

Either way we need a minimum of 4 points from these two games this week but probably more like all 6 given the run that Man U are on and the fact that Chelsea, Arsenal and Villa are all right behind us.

gawa316

I reckon we need all 6, which is looking doubtful with the form we are in, especially as utd never look like conceding never mind dropping points

Over the Bar

QuoteI was at Anfield and heard Munich songs being sung constantly ... if that's not anti-United I d/k what is!

when?

At the FA cup match when Crouch won it 1-0 for Liverpool.  The Munich abuse was constant throughout near the away end.  The away fans were every bit as bad mind you.    Whoever had the bright idea of putting Liverpool fans above the Utd fans should be shot as coins & liquids/p*ss rained down throughout the game.

Gerrard took a corner at the away end and some coins were thrown.  He picked up the coins, went to a steward with them and pointed towards a fan and the stewards & police weighed in and pulled him out, much to the delight of the Liverpool fans.    How Gerrard thought he knew it was him is beyond me as he didnt once look over at the Utd fans.   

corn02

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 28, 2009, 03:07:09 PM
QuoteI was at Anfield and heard Munich songs being sung constantly ... if that's not anti-United I d/k what is!

when?

At the FA cup match when Crouch won it 1-0 for Liverpool.  The Munich abuse was constant throughout near the away end.  The away fans were every bit as bad mind you.    Whoever had the bright idea of putting Liverpool fans above the Utd fans should be shot as coins & liquids/p*ss rained down throughout the game.

Gerrard took a corner at the away end and some coins were thrown.  He picked up the coins, went to a steward with them and pointed towards a fan and the stewards & police weighed in and pulled him out, much to the delight of the Liverpool fans.    How Gerrard thought he knew it was him is beyond me as he didnt once look over at the Utd fans.   

Was ath that match myself OTB, some atmosphere due to 6k United fans as well.

Was at the Kop end so couldn't make out Munich/Hillsborough because, I would imagine, it was relatively a small minority from both?

Yeah Pool fans have half bottle of piss thrown at them in OT too, disgusting by both fans.

Pool fans are always abover Inuted fans, just seemed to be a few absolute dogs in the Pool crowd that day.

Kewell absolutely busting Neville was one of the loudest cheers I have heard at Anfield, it was the match after the badge-kissing episode. Only decenet thing he done for the Pool.  :P

Gabriel_Hurl

Can we stop this f**king sh*te about singing songs ?? ??

It ruined the thread the last time and contribute actually nothing to the current thread

Quote4. Inappropriate posts, incitement or racist posting.
   This is a very broad topic, and can be the most subjective in the way the moderators view things. In general, it would be the 'good manners' rule. Specific examples of inappropriate posts would be the following. (This list is by no means conclusive)
      - Abusive posts between fans of soccer teams, clearly not part of good humoured banter. Mentions of Hillsborough, Munich, Heysel or alluding to these incidents in a way designed to incite other posters to break forum rules.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on January 28, 2009, 03:23:03 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on January 28, 2009, 03:07:09 PM

when?

Was ath that match myself OTB, some atmosphere due to 6k United fans as well.

Was at the Kop end so couldn't make out Munich/Hillsborough because, I would imagine, it was relatively a small minority from both?

Yeah Pool fans have half bottle of piss thrown at them in OT too, disgusting by both fans.

Pool fans are always abover Inuted fans, just seemed to be a few absolute dogs in the Pool crowd that day.

Kewell absolutely busting Neville was one of the loudest cheers I have heard at Anfield, it was the match after the badge-kissing episode. Only decenet thing he done for the Pool.  :P

Christ almighty can we get over this who sang what song when bullshite... ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

Too much infantile trolling being done on these threads lately alright.

Gabriel_Hurl

It's a bannable offence on other boards

corn02

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 28, 2009, 03:30:40 PM
Can we stop this f**king sh*te about singing songs ?? ??

It ruined the thread the last time and contribute actually nothing to the current thread

Quote4. Inappropriate posts, incitement or racist posting.
   This is a very broad topic, and can be the most subjective in the way the moderators view things. In general, it would be the 'good manners' rule. Specific examples of inappropriate posts would be the following. (This list is by no means conclusive)
      - Abusive posts between fans of soccer teams, clearly not part of good humoured banter. Mentions of Hillsborough, Munich, Heysel or alluding to these incidents in a way designed to incite other posters to break forum rules.

Well that's bullshit for a start. Me and OTB ae having  discussion about the songs, there has been no attempt by either of us to provoke the other.

Someone asked OTB when the songs were sung, he responded, I responded with a comment about said match.

Noone has denied fans sing these songs, no one has debated the point.

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteMe and OTB ae having  discussion about the songs

and that adds what to the thread?

corn02

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 28, 2009, 03:40:50 PM
QuoteMe and OTB ae having  discussion about the songs

and that adds what to the thread?

It is a discussion thread, I can not see how anybody could be annoyed be our discussion. Should I review each post to see if it meets the entertainment standards set out?

Jesus, slight overreaction there.

anportmorforjfc

Liverpool fans yapping at Liverpool fans. Things are definatly getting worse for yous :D

Minder

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on January 28, 2009, 03:46:23 PM
Liverpool fans yapping at Liverpool fans. Things are definatly getting worse for yous :D

They have us on the ropes lads, i need radio silence from here on in. Over & out.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

brokencrossbar1

No harm corn, but it is tiresome, although it is a discussion board, sometimes less said is better.  My da is bigger than your da, our fans are better than your fans.  What next, our corner flags are better than yours???
Simply put, Man Utd have asshole fans who sing asshole songs, ditto Liverpool. 

Can we get back to the far more important matter of trying to beat Wigan and Chelski and making up the lost ground that has been given over recent weeks.

What odds on fatty Mido coming off the bench to score a late equaliser for Wigan?