Laois Senior Hurling Championship 2021

Started by SCFC, August 29, 2021, 11:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: Spiritof86 on September 24, 2021, 09:23:11 PM
Excellent call . Borris/K to me are now favourites to me . Hit some
Serious wides nearing 20 but final quarter Never missed a thing.  Decent crowd for a Friday evening

Not too sure about B/K as favourites although they had a good win tonight. Clough-Ballacolla beat them well enough in the county final just over a month ago. R/E were missing Ross King tonight and the likes of Eric Killeen, Paddy McKane and Mark Kavanagh still getting up to speed. They'll coast into the semi's and I'd pick R/E to beat B/K in a semi or a final.

Robbo

Think Borris will improve even more with 4 weeks before a semi-final.
They've players coming back from injury and young lads like Tynan and Quinlan.
Wouldn't back against them.

RE used Rafter from their Premier Intermediates. Big loss that might cost them a semi-final place. Though I think they'll go threw even if they lose.

Laois man

Big win for Rosenallis last night great finished to it. John Maher was outstanding again and surely has to be called into the laois team. Castletown hurled well for 30 mins then Cbolla upper a gear and won easy. Rosenallis and Castletown are away from relagaton now and can give qfinals a lash but it will probably be there last game of the year.

Robbo

Have to admit I didn't think Rosenallis would have that in them; fair play. Great achievement.
Disappointing for Harps, probably favou0rites for the drop now.
Not sure John Maher has the size for county. Worth a look maybe.

Sounds like Castletown put it up to Ballacolla in the first game. Picky is hitting serious scores.

Ballyfin had a comfortable win in the Premier Int. Rathdowney didn't make any subs trying to keep their juniors together. Match was over at the water break. They should have the football finished this week and will have 3 weeks go train and prepare for a semi-final.

RE and Ballinakill into the quarter-finals and were likey to see Ballinakill v portlaoise in one semi-final.

Predicting Ballyfin v Portlaoise final with s Bloom to relegate Colt Shanahoe

Silkyskillssunshinee

Bit of a disaster for The Harps if they go straight back down. They got the ideal group out of the two but two disappointing defeats to Castletown and Rosenallis.

They would have been determined to stay up this season with some strong underage talent coming through to back them up in the future. To be fair, the Covid outbreak in the camp before the championship began set them back a bit and was unfortunate.

Abbeyleix have to be favourites in the relegation final now and they probably deserve to stay up more so because of their admirable performances against B/K and R/E in the group stages.

burdizzo

There's hardly a provincial club championship this year, is there?

Spiritof86

Quote from: burdizzo on September 27, 2021, 06:50:14 PM

Pretty sure it's all due to start in October. Draws have been made as far as I know .

Robbo

burdizzo

Spiritof86

Quote from: Robbo on September 27, 2021, 09:18:10 PM
October seems really early.
Yes it does actually . October 20th apparently but that could be just the Ulster Club hurling commencing etc .

clonadmad

Quote from: burdizzo on September 27, 2021, 06:50:14 PM

Provincial Championship first round on the master plan due to start for senior hurling 27/28 November

Provincial finals 7/8 January

All Ireland Final Feb

When covid eventually disappears

All club games will be finished in the calendar year.

Robbo

There is a rumour that it is only for Senior clubs this year.
Think thay would be very hard on our Premier Intermediate sides. Any of Ballyfin, Ballinakill or Portlaoise could do well.

clonadmad

Quote from: Robbo on September 28, 2021, 10:26:15 AM
There is a rumour that it is only for Senior clubs this year.
Think thay would be very hard on our Premier Intermediate sides. Any of Ballyfin, Ballinakill or Portlaoise could do well.

Dates are up and Draws are made in Munster for both codes at senior intermediate and junior club anyways.

Robbo

Thanks clonadmad.
I did check the leinster one but found only old fixtures.

Leinster matches are special for the teams who get there.

clonadmad

Quote from: Robbo on September 28, 2021, 10:39:40 AM
Thanks clonadmad.
I did check the leinster one but found only old fixtures.

Leinster matches are special for the teams who get there.

nothing for leinster as of yet on their website

https://munster.gaa.ie/fixtures/club-championship-2021