Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back2Winning

Any substance to the rumours Darragh Cross have been relegated to ACFL Div 4 while Drumaness will remain in ACFL Div 3?

manwithnoplan

Quote from: Back2Winning on December 18, 2023, 06:04:34 PMAny substance to the rumours Darragh Cross have been relegated to ACFL Div 4 while Drumaness will remain in ACFL Div 3?

What is the reason for that?

thewobbler

Quote from: skat man on December 18, 2023, 04:08:05 PMwhy would clubs pay off the counties debt ? has the county ever paid off a club debt ?

Was going to reply here but it smells of wind-up.

Ed Hardy

Just over 2 weeks a way until the 1st game of the new season for Down. Any word on how the panel is looking?

Sandstorm

Short memory Wobbler. It's not long since the debacle of Burrenbridge that cost £500k. Paid a massive non refundable deposit of £450k. Who do you think paid for that and are still paying? THE CLUBS.
Why do you think similar could not happen again?
Waken up and .........

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Sandstorm on December 18, 2023, 09:40:52 PMShort memory Wobbler. It's not long since the debacle of Burrenbridge that cost £500k. Paid a massive non refundable deposit of £450k. Who do you think paid for that and are still paying? THE CLUBS.
Waken up and .........

So your agreed it would make sense for the clubs to pay it down now rather than continue to pay interest on the county debt to the banks.  ;)
i usse an speelchekor

skat man

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 19, 2023, 07:05:41 AM
Quote from: Sandstorm on December 18, 2023, 09:40:52 PMShort memory Wobbler. It's not long since the debacle of Burrenbridge that cost £500k. Paid a massive non refundable deposit of £450k. Who do you think paid for that and are still paying? THE CLUBS.
Waken up and .........

So your agreed it would make sense for the clubs to pay it down now rather than continue to pay interest on the county debt to the banks.  ;)

you know alot of clubs have debt of their own right ?

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: skat man on December 19, 2023, 01:07:29 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 19, 2023, 07:05:41 AM
Waken up and .........

you know alot of clubs have debt of their own right ?

I think you're missing the point here.
Clubs are already paying a levy to cover the costs from Burrenbridge.
What people are saying is to clear that debt outright & the levy on clubs won't be required. 

I suspect however that JP has a condition that the money must go the the club & they decide how to spend it.

skat man

i get the point , my point is it makes more fiscal sense for a club to pay down their own loans as the repayments will be much higher than the fraction they contribute to fix the county boards mess. thankfully jp had the foresight to make sure it goes to clubs so its irrelevant really 

thewobbler

Quote from: skat man on December 20, 2023, 03:05:13 PMi get the point , my point is it makes more fiscal sense for a club to pay down their own loans as the repayments will be much higher than the fraction they contribute to fix the county boards mess. thankfully jp had the foresight to make sure it goes to clubs so its irrelevant really 

Your numbers don't add up to me Skattie.

JP's maximum donation per club is slated to be circa €24k, or about £21.5k.

It's a very welcome donation, but let's be honest, it will make only a small impression against the outlay required for a modern GAA capital expenditure project ie the ones we all get loans for.

Whereas if half of each donation was sent upstairs, that tally from 40+ clubs would wipe out the county's debt in full, and remove the levy we've all been paying for a decade.

JP might have been right to state it was for the clubs. But by the same measure our clubs have the right to use it to pay off our county's debts.

Back2Winning

Quote from: manwithnoplan on December 18, 2023, 06:58:15 PM
Quote from: Back2Winning on December 18, 2023, 06:04:34 PMAny substance to the rumours Darragh Cross have been relegated to ACFL Div 4 while Drumaness will remain in ACFL Div 3?

It is alleged Darragh played an unregistered player throughout the 2023 league campaign. If points gained while the unregistered player was playing are removed it may see them finish below Drumaness in the league and therefore relegated. The big question will be, are they also relegated to the Junior Championship with their wins in the Intermediate now being scratched also?? 

manwithnoplan

Quote from: Back2Winning on December 20, 2023, 05:49:18 PM
Quote from: manwithnoplan on December 18, 2023, 06:58:15 PM

It is alleged Darragh played an unregistered player throughout the 2023 league campaign. If points gained while the unregistered player was playing are removed it may see them finish below Drumaness in the league and therefore relegated. The big question will be, are they also relegated to the Junior Championship with their wins in the Intermediate now being scratched also?? 

They would likely walk division 4 and the JFC, reducing the opportunities for the other clubs to gain promotion or win the JFC. It wouldn't do anyone any good. Was it a deliberate breach of the rules or a technicality that saw the player playing without being registered?

skat man

Quote from: thewobbler on December 20, 2023, 03:33:11 PM
Quote from: skat man on December 20, 2023, 03:05:13 PMi get the point , my point is it makes more fiscal sense for a club to pay down their own loans as the repayments will be much higher than the fraction they contribute to fix the county boards mess. thankfully jp had the foresight to make sure it goes to clubs so its irrelevant really 

Your numbers don't add up to me Skattie.

JP's maximum donation per club is slated to be circa €24k, or about £21.5k.

It's a very welcome donation, but let's be honest, it will make only a small impression against the outlay required for a modern GAA capital expenditure project ie the ones we all get loans for.

Whereas if half of each donation was sent upstairs, that tally from 40+ clubs would wipe out the county's debt in full, and remove the levy we've all been paying for a decade.

JP might have been right to state it was for the clubs. But by the same measure our clubs have the right to use it to pay off our county's debts.

a 100k loan having 20% repaid off it would save a club considerably in repayments so my numbers are fine . clubs provide the county with players , pitches and gym facilities in some cases. In other counties the clubs are making great use of county provided facilities which is how it should be in my view.

you are right in saying clubs have a right to do as they please with the donation. there wont be many id wager sending it back to the county board.

Kong King

Hard2listen2 do you have the updated verified list of nanagement teams

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: Kong King on December 21, 2023, 05:48:36 PMHard2listen2 do you have the updated verified list of nanagement teams

Ha! I'm not going down that line again!