Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 02, 2021, 11:35:09 AM
Quote from: antrimman667 on December 02, 2021, 11:28:20 AM
Davitts Saturday at 2pm on Con Magees facebook I see

Should be rammed
Do you not think your supporters will go?

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: Saffsof82 on December 02, 2021, 10:29:18 AM
McKenna cup got the go ahead then, all matches Tuesday and Fridays, our home games possibly played under the new lights at Dunsilly, saw them on the other evening on the way home, looked impressive.
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 02, 2021, 10:57:37 AM
Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on December 02, 2021, 09:50:18 AM
Quote from: rogercasement on December 01, 2021, 09:33:01 PM
On a separate note how are the Creggan boys recovering from the cases in the camp? Have they been able to train together?

They been training away, maybe getting the excuses in early?

Excuses? Is that based on how we normally do?

Normally poor bar when St galls were in it, although Antrim teams usually at a disadvantage in regards to refs in ulster, ulster standard refs let things go and let the tackles fly in, whereas internally its more akin to playing basketball in some Antrim championship games, seems like if you play a physical game or are infact stronger and fitter than your opposition you get penalised for that, I could be wrong but I guess that's only my opinion 😉

JimStynes

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on December 02, 2021, 12:16:36 PM
McKenna cup got the go ahead then, all matches Tuesday and Fridays, our home games possibly played under the new lights at Dunsilly, saw them on the other evening on the way home, looked impressive.
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 02, 2021, 10:57:37 AM
Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on December 02, 2021, 09:50:18 AM
Quote from: rogercasement on December 01, 2021, 09:33:01 PM
On a separate note how are the Creggan boys recovering from the cases in the camp? Have they been able to train together?

They been training away, maybe getting the excuses in early?

Excuses? Is that based on how we normally do?

Normally poor bar when St galls were in it, although Antrim teams usually at a disadvantage in regards to refs in ulster, ulster standard refs let things go and let the tackles fly in, whereas internally its more akin to playing basketball in some Antrim championship games, seems like if you play a physical game or are infact stronger and fitter than your opposition you get penalised for that, I could be wrong but I guess that's only my opinion 😉

MR2 let's the play go!

Hectic

St.Galls of that era were exceptional. 

I hope I am wrong but I suspect it could be a wee while before we see the like again.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on December 02, 2021, 11:59:49 AM

Should be rammed

I'd say with the fact that Glenravel having had a brilliant year to date will bring a crowd and with it being in Belfast you'll get ones that couldn't be arsed heading up the country
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: EOC1923 on December 02, 2021, 11:54:42 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on December 02, 2021, 11:42:38 AM

Are the Casement flood lights still up or were they taken down?

They were seriously impressive in their height and brightness.
Lights still there, but basically ornaments as all electric cables that powered them were dug up and sold for scrap

Do I need to speak to Frankie Quinn or Brian McEvoy about "procuring" them?

They'd be the dogs danglies for hurling under with those masts.

Saffsof82

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 02, 2021, 01:57:39 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on December 02, 2021, 11:59:49 AM

Should be rammed

I'd say with the fact that Glenravel having had a brilliant year to date will bring a crowd and with it being in Belfast you'll get ones that couldn't be arsed heading up the country

Cant see Glenravel troubling a very good st galls team on Saturday, Mcaffrey,wilson,mcgirr, donnelly all excellent and mcormick in nets very good. The Hynds brothers for glenravel tough players but overall glenravel not as strong at galls.

country bumpkin

Jeez,  Galls really have a strong panel.....three of the above did not play against Cargin....and the beat a strong Toome outfit by 10 points....

No Wilson, Mc Girr, or Mc Cormick in nets....

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 02, 2021, 03:54:01 PM
Jeez,  Galls really have a strong panel.....three of the above did not play against Cargin....and the beat a strong Toome outfit by 10 points....

From the exceptional St Galls side that won the All-ireland club, how many of them were proper St Galls men?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on December 02, 2021, 04:02:41 PM

From the exceptional St Galls side that won the All-ireland club, how many of them were proper St Galls men?

I wonder how many from all clubs in Antrim are 'proper' club men, we should take all those titles away, terrible
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffsof82

Yous got off lightly that day then CB, Conal mcgirr is Garys son, louis mccormick was senior keeper for galls last season when kerr was out injured and Dulatach wilson is a fantastic dual player for galls, wasnt at you game but if those 3 didnt play and yous were beat by 10 st galls were under strength.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Saffsof82 on December 02, 2021, 05:02:34 PM

Yous got off lightly that day then CB, Conal mcgirr is Garys son, louis mccormick was senior keeper for galls last season when kerr was out injured and Dulatach wilson is a fantastic dual player for galls, wasnt at you game but if those 3 didnt play and yous were beat by 10 st galls were under strength.

Certainly looks the case and a much I.proved Galls from the side which lost out to Cargin in the 2019 minor championship semi.
In that one Niall Burns claimed a majority of their scores.

Stranger still is the reason  why only a few from that u20 side made the Senior panel v Cargin.

Evidence produced thus far underlines huge potential up at Milltown on the senior trail is certainly imminent.....

Milltown Row2

Some craic, I find it more bizarre the fascination with bigging up Naomh Gall!

Anyway, based on the predictions on here we should win by a landslide which is great, but seeing as it's a farce of a competition it won't really matter.

Though predictions don't normally go as they should and St Mary's Aghagallon proved that all year

JimStynes

I'm lost here. Can someone summarise the St. Galls u20 thing that is constantly brought up?

country bumpkin

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on December 02, 2021, 07:17:39 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on December 02, 2021, 07:12:31 PM
I'm lost here. Can someone summarise the St. Galls u20 thing that is constantly brought up?
Country bumpkin is raging they beat Cargin.

And such is evident.......?

Can make comment on quality when I see it...