London Feis

Started by qwerty123, March 28, 2011, 10:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qwerty123

Has anyone been to the London Feis before?  Thinking of going this year but not totally sure yet.  Is there a good atmosphere or quite reserved and gentle clapping?  Christy Moore is playing and would love to see him in an open air concert.

J OGorman

Quote from: qwerty123 on March 28, 2011, 10:53:20 AM
Has anyone been to the London Feis before?  Thinking of going this year but not totally sure yet.  Is there a good atmosphere or quite reserved and gentle clapping?  Christy Moore is playing and would love to see him in an open air concert.

Absolutely brilliant days craic..was over at a few in the early to mid 90s, thinking of heading to this one also..you can be near guaranteed decent whether also

Shamrock Shore

Sunday night sees Horslips play.

Jesus - I could be divorced by the end of 2011.

qwerty123

Saturday looks brilliant altogether.  Pity you can't camp overnight.  I suppose everything costs an arm and a leg-  any cheap accomodation around there?  I'll be flying over - what's the nearest airport and is it easy to get to from the airports?

boojangles

Think I'm gonna be heading over myself. Should be a great weekend. Finsbury Park is North London but its a fair distance from all the airports. Luton is North East. I usually fly into Gatwick because Ryanair do cheap flights to it from Dublin and then get an express train for 8 pounds into London Bridge station where you can get all Tube/Bus/Train connections.
Finsbury Park is served by a tube station, seems to be just round the corner.

ludermor