Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rawhide

Dunloy after all their talking, couldn't back it up. Want Sneil blah blah. Sneil way to strong and better hurling. I don't think Dunloy have learned alot from two years ago. I said it then and will repeat it, they need a football coach to teach them how to use their body in tackles. The ref I thought calved  at making the call on a straight forward second  yellow to give a red to Dunloy. He knew what he was at instead of doing his job. Sneils running game in the second half was brilliant
cccc is a true supporter lol

left peg

paddyjohn

Mind the time the Dunloy boys were giving me abuse about the ballymena man.

:-X :-X :-X

Dunloy have been worthy champions as last 3 years. They've peaked at the right times in Antrim and they'll come again.

Milltown Row2

No Antrim teams in the three finals..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 12, 2021, 09:50:55 PM
Bad times.

The county team is doing well but we should be competing at club level on all grades. No Antrim team in school final also, so forget about Belfast being poor, that's the worst year I've seen for Antrim clubs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 12, 2021, 10:20:47 PM
Bad times.

The county team is doing well but we should be competing at club level on all grades. No Antrim team in school final also, so forget about Belfast being poor, that's the worst year I've seen for Antrim clubs

Is hurling dead in Antrim?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on December 12, 2021, 10:35:38 PM
Bad times.

Club wise we've hit a low....

County wise hopefully we'll push on again this year..

I didn't see anything to suggest that S'niel shouldn't have been favourites. They won as well today has they have in the past.

Derry hurling though at county level does not reflect the club standards, Banagher won today also, against a decent Armagh team.

toby47

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 12, 2021, 10:44:39 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on December 12, 2021, 10:35:38 PM
Bad times.

Club wise we've hit a low....

County wise hopefully we'll push on again this year..

I didn't see anything to suggest that S'niel shouldn't have been favourites. They won as well today has they have in the past.

Derry hurling though at county level does not reflect the club standards, Banagher won today also, against a decent Armagh team.

That's because Slaughtneil would beat Derry by 10+ points

imtommygunn

There isn't buy in at all from the county board in  Derry for county hurling and then they have a dual split as well.

Dunloy in the hurling and Loughgiel in the camogie just can't get the measure of Slaughtneil at all.

I actually think despite being Dunly much superior in Antrim teams like Cushendall would do better against Slaughtneil as they're more physical.

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 12, 2021, 09:46:29 PM

Might be an opportunity for Antrim refs to get to do an Ulster hurling final then ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tyrdub on December 13, 2021, 08:34:52 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 12, 2021, 09:46:29 PM

Might be an opportunity for Antrim refs to get to do an Ulster hurling final then ;D

Have boots ready  ;D

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 13, 2021, 08:21:11 AM
There isn't buy in at all from the county board in  Derry for county hurling and then they have a dual split as well.

Dunloy in the hurling and Loughgiel in the camogie just can't get the measure of Slaughtneil at all.

I actually think despite being Dunly much superior in Antrim teams like Cushendall would do better against Slaughtneil as they're more physical.

They have been trying to kill hurling in Derry for years, we have football clubs and development squads threatening lads not to play or they will be dropped from football. It is especially bad if you have lads pulling form 2 different clubs.
Slaughtneil are so far ahead of everyone else in the county

Milltown Row2

I'm not buying the physical thing anymore, they are a decent side who will give whatever team they meet in the semi final (should they not have a banana skin v Ballycran) a serious run for their money. They will go in well under the radar, regardless of the game against Ballyhale last time, they are a club team from Derry and that is how the other semi finalist will view it, stop Rodgers would be my intentions if looking to beat them. Easier said than done

imtommygunn

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 13, 2021, 08:50:00 AM

They have been trying to kill hurling in Derry for years, we have football clubs and development squads threatening lads not to play or they will be dropped from football. It is especially bad if you have lads pulling form 2 different clubs.
Slaughtneil are so far ahead of everyone else in the county

Yeah you only have to look at how competitive St Pats are in the Mageean to know that Derry still has good hurling / hurlers in it if they're given the chance. It is a real shame.

I still think the physical thing a big factor MR but to just say it's physical is probably doing Slaughtneil a disservice.