European Super League

Started by seafoid, April 18, 2021, 08:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

UEFA thanked French and German clubs for refusing to take part.
Most of the top English clubs are owned by American plutocrats.

Baile Brigín 2

This nonsense has been floating around for 30 years. It was dusted off ahead of tomorrows rejigging of the CL. It is a negotiating ploy and nothing else

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: David McKeown on April 18, 2021, 08:07:09 PM
As I said on the PL thread whilst I completely agree with what he is saying its hard to take it seriously being said from behind the mic of an organisation that has funded and benefited from a break away league for almost 30 years.  Particularly as it was the same break away league that contributed to his fame, fortune and his current work.

It was a breakaway league with the full consent of the EFA who still had an element of control. It was in reality just a rebrand of an existing league

This is (or not as its nonsense) 15 teams leaving the FIFA world permanently to play on their own. But as the football authorities are gently reminding them that has consequences with them having no relationship with the rest of football.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: clarshack on April 18, 2021, 08:23:43 PM
So this is basically an elite champions league? the teams would still play in their own national leagues.

The Associations in question have said that of they break away they break away and won't be playing domestically

StPatsAbu

JP Morgan behind it.  Just like FSG, the Glazers and the Saudi journalist-murderers trying muscle in on the EPL to launder dirty money, they should be rejected out of hand. Shame on the owners of the 6 clubs who signed the letter, bargaining chip or not.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: StPatsAbu on April 18, 2021, 10:38:13 PM
JP Morgan behind it.  Just like FSG, the Glazers and the Saudi journalist-murderers trying muscle in on the EPL to launder dirty money, they should be rejected out of hand. Shame on the owners of the 6 clubs who signed the letter, bargaining chip or not.

Its the same 6 clubs (with City replacing Spurs) that have been dusting this plan off since the 90's. Shame has been and gone.

bennydorano

Stillborn horseshit.

Wouldn't you love to see all their bluffs being called, being expelled from their National leagues and playing only in their Super league, it would be some humiliation.

Captain Obvious

Club statements all out now. That escalated quickly or should I say this European league was signed/sealed ages ago and not made public.

Milltown Row2

The same support that is against it will be out supporting their teams in it.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manfromdelmonte

More chances for Liverpool supporters to stone a team bus

Zero integrity in these clubs.
Spirit of shankly my arse

Founding Clubs? Do any of them know their history?

laoislad

15 clubs sign up, 6 Premier League clubs and delmonte focuses on Liverpool  ;D
Truth be told if Everton were big enough to be invited they would have jumped ship too..
Btw The Spirit of Shankly group have issued a statement saying they are completely against this.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

RedHand88

I hope the big 5 + Arsenal get kicked out of the Premier league next year. Its the sort of drastic action needed to nip this in the bud.

Really really fear klopp will walk in the summer now  :-[

laoislad

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 19, 2021, 07:30:22 AM
I hope the big 5 + Arsenal get kicked out of the Premier league next year. Its the sort of drastic action needed to nip this in the bud.

Really really fear klopp will walk in the summer now  :-[
You would wonder how much the likes of Klopp and Ole and the rest knew about this?
Does Top 4 even matter now? Will these clubs even be allowed into the Champions League next season.
I've yet to hear any fan say they actually want this, it's a complete shit show.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

themac_23

it'll start as a European super league, closed shop after a few years the idea will be floated about bringing a team to China or the likes and that'll be the start of it, one of the big clubs franchise will be sold to the highest bidder, same as the hype for bringing an NFL team to London, can see it coming a mile off thats what these money men want.

Armagh18

Complete and total boycott is the only way. But I'm sure it'll attract enough attention in Asia and Africa to offset a few english and Irish fans.  What has the reaction been from fans in Europe?