Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Rossfan on September 16, 2021, 11:04:24 AM
Michael D rightfully giving the "celebration" a miss.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2021/0915/1246949-centenary-partition-service/

Queue more DUP outcry. They really don't get irony do they. They don't want anything to do with North-South bodies but the minute it is flipped on them   they are outraged (or more outraged than their permanent state of outrage). Clueless.

Applesisapples

Eamonn Martin thinks its a grand idea and is castigating SF and the SDLP for not attending. I can't see for the life of me what there is to celebrate. As for the DUP and UUP preaching about out reach, Jesus wept look at the ILA.

BennyCake

Aren't both church leaders primates of All Ireland? So, they don't exactly recognise partition.

seafoid

Probably the only centenary.
Partition has been a disaster.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 16, 2021, 03:37:59 PM
Eamonn Martin thinks its a grand idea and is castigating SF and the SDLP for not attending. I can't see for the life of me what there is to celebrate. As for the DUP and UUP preaching about out reach, Jesus wept look at the ILA.

He is attending an event commemorating the creation of a state designed to subjugate the religion he is head of.

I just don't understand it.

yellowcard

What a centenary celebration it has been for Unionism. Sea border, street protests and 5 different Unionist leaders in a calendar year. The 'celebrations' have really taken a back burner.

Thankfully Higgins has taken the only rational course of action and not helped legitimise the creation of a sectarian statelet that has been nothing but an unmitigated disaster.     

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 16, 2021, 05:59:22 PM

He is attending an event commemorating the creation of a state designed to subjugate the religion he is head of.

I just don't understand it.

;D

shantygael

It's  a bit like celebrating your wedding anniversary  when you're divorced. A failed marriage,a failed state.
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

Armagh18

He's a bishop or cardinal is he? Tells ya all you need to know...

Rois

Fair play to the President for his response overnight.  I'm all for reconciliation, but fully support his position.

naka

Quote from: Rois on September 17, 2021, 08:08:51 AM
Fair play to the President for his response overnight.  I'm all for reconciliation, but fully support his position.
Thought his response was excellent, called out the DUP whilst also singling out the point scoring in the event.
Good on him .

Orior

Quote from: naka on September 17, 2021, 08:12:03 AM
Quote from: Rois on September 17, 2021, 08:08:51 AM
Thought his response was excellent, called out the DUP whilst also singling out the point scoring in the event.
Good on him .

Totally agree.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians