What would you like to do when the pandemic is over?

Started by seafoid, March 26, 2020, 09:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Any ideas?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

GetOverTheBar

I would like to think that the world would become a better place for this humbling experience.

I have my reservations, I think we'll go back to full steam ahead and learn nothing.

tbrick18

BennyCake

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 26, 2020, 09:36:52 AM
I would like to think that the world would become a better place for this humbling experience.

I have my reservations, I think we'll go back to full steam ahead and learn nothing.

People adjust to the environment around them. This has forced people to focus on what is important

When normality returns, busy lives will take over again. We can't fully blame people for that. It's just the way the world is organised, and unfortunately we have to participate in it. It's like thon aul bastard Thatcher said, there's no such thing as society, just individuals. Modern society and the people who run it, has created that mentality.

laoislad

Watch Liverpool lift the Premier League trophy with the aul fella.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

tyrone08

Only thing I have noticed is how empty the A&E departments are now. It clearly shows how many non emergency issues the A&E departments were having to deal with on a daily basis.

People were treating A&E like a GP office. Last time I took m to A&E with a heart condition we were sitting for over 8 hours. She had been seen but as non wards were available we had to wait in the reciotion Area.

I saw a large family of about 7 eating, drinking and laughing the whole time I was there. Still couldn't figure out why the emergency was or who was actually in to be treated.

In reality the sad thing is that in about 4 weeks after this has settled everything will go back to normal.

five points

Quote from: tyrone08 on March 26, 2020, 11:08:46 AM
Only thing I have noticed is how empty the A&E departments are now. It clearly shows how many non emergency issues the A&E departments were having to deal with on a daily basis.

People were treating A&E like a GP office. Last time I took m to A&E with a heart condition we were sitting for over 8 hours. She had been seen but as non wards were available we had to wait in the reciotion Area.

I saw a large family of about 7 eating, drinking and laughing the whole time I was there. Still couldn't figure out why the emergency was or who was actually in to be treated.

In reality the sad thing is that in about 4 weeks after this has settled everything will go back to normal.

Charge medical card patients €50 for every A&E attendance and €100 for every hospital admission, and the overcrowding goes like snow off a rope.

imtommygunn

I always felt booze / drug related incidents should have people paying but not everyone.

I have heard this before about a&e in the last few weeks - 3 people in one day last week. It shows you how much is required.(Although to be fair the last place I would want to be right now is a hospital).

Milltown Row2

You must have been in the Mater hospital when I was there!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

When this is done, I am going to do what I had planned to be doing this week - take a week-long holiday in Ireland and eat in Irish restaurants.

illdecide

If i was honest I was there a few times with the kids over the years where i probably didn't need to be, looking back now you say "yeah should have stayed at home" but at the time you think it's your kid and i'm not taking any chances. Sitting in the A&E room looking around you it's clear that majority of the people there should not be there and the numbers now confirm that...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Quote from: Rois on March 26, 2020, 11:54:36 AM
When this is done, I am going to do what I had planned to be doing this week - take a week-long holiday in Ireland and eat in Irish restaurants.

Good for you Rois, I hope most people to this. I closed our we shop in town last week (ice-cream parlour) and gave away 160-170 litres of ice-cream to the elderly and people in isolation free of charge. When this is all over I hope the people come back to support the small local businesses who have contributed to their local community during these tough times.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

five points

Quote from: illdecide on March 26, 2020, 11:55:49 AM
If i was honest I was there a few times with the kids over the years where i probably didn't need to be, looking back now you say "yeah should have stayed at home" but at the time you think it's your kid and i'm not taking any chances. Sitting in the A&E room looking around you it's clear that majority of the people there should not be there and the numbers now confirm that...

We've all done that, and leaving it behind is one of the advantages of kids growing up to a point when they're sturdy. I suppose we should be going instead to the out-of-hours GP.

BennyCake

Quote from: illdecide on March 26, 2020, 11:59:37 AM
Quote from: Rois on March 26, 2020, 11:54:36 AM

Good for you Rois, I hope most people to this. I closed our we shop in town last week (ice-cream parlour) and gave away 160-170 litres of ice-cream to the elderly and people in isolation free of charge. When this is all over I hope the people come back to support the small local businesses who have contributed to their local community during these tough times.

+1

Yes, buy local and holiday local. Get the country back on track.