FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mouview

Quote from: seafoid on September 09, 2021, 07:47:52 AM
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/international/ireland-players-put-trust-in-stephen-kenny-as-green-shoots-emerge-1.4668572

A settled team is emerging. Bazunu, John Egan and Shane Duffy played all 270 minutes and injury time over the six days, while Matt Doherty (260), Josh Cullen (244), James McClean (198) and Idah's highly efficient 259 minutes cannot go unheralded.

"We really believe in what [the management] are doing," said Doherty. "The coaching we get from Anthony Barry, who is at Chelsea, and Keith Andrews is top class. If [only] people were in there seeing the type of coaching and game plans we are putting together and how they've worked in certain games against some of the best players in the world."

Brian Kerr, over on Virgin Media, branded this reporting as "pub talk among journalists" before suggesting that some of the new FAI board would not know if a football is "pumped or stuffed"

"I see Andrew going all the way to the top and I've probably been afraid to say that out loud," Molloy added. "I think he is different to what we have had before. He's a modern centre half who can play through the thirds. [Virgil] Van Dijk has made it all sexy now, hasn't he?"

As desirable as it is for having a more settled team, of the players mentioned above, at least Egan, Duffy, McLean and Doherty are not world class or else ones for the future. Still desperately short of quality in midfield and particularly up front.

tiempo

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 08, 2021, 02:17:57 PM
Quote from: tiempo on September 08, 2021, 09:30:20 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 08, 2021, 12:55:14 AM
Quote from: tiempo on September 07, 2021, 10:54:23 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 07, 2021, 09:00:42 PM
Quote from: tiempo on September 07, 2021, 03:50:30 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 07, 2021, 03:16:07 PM
Quote from: tiempo on September 07, 2021, 02:14:38 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 07, 2021, 12:29:17 PM
Quote from: tiempo on September 07, 2021, 11:18:21 AM
Genuine question

Would the 11 of the peak Dublin all conquering 6 IAR team beat the Luxemburgers at Lansdowne?

I say yes

Would a team of amateur players in a different sport beat full time pros in another? Are you for real?

Ireland's GAA stars routinely beat Australia's AFL stars

Not in Aussie Rules....

I stand by my point. Kevin Moran, Seamus Coleman and scores of others went abroad with a GAA background and made the top level. GAA lads are going to Aus and making the top level. The Dubs would punish the Lux'burgers, to suggest otherwise is silly

Moran played LoI before he lined out for the Dubs. Using your logic LoI players would boss football..

Coleman was always a soccer player who played some GAA. I can't think of any player who jumped from the GAA to professional football.

Its absolute nonsense to suggest lads who have never played a sport could just pick it up and beat a bunch of pros. Then add in the amateur v professional fitness levels and thats another layer. Offensive nonsense.

It's offensive to lose to a load of bin men and posties from Luxembourg tbh. Absolutely no doubt Dean Rock would rattle off a load of shots at the so called onion bag and Con would rip their midfield a new one.

And yes why wouldn't they be competitive at the rugby World Cup against Canada? Nothing to fear from a few off season ice road truckers

Because they don't play rugby you dimwit.

Where is this binmen noise coming from? They have players in the top flight in Germany, Belgium, France, Holland,Austria, the US, Ukraine and 2nd tier in England.

Give over.

Aye and neither did Marty Clarke play AFL.

You seem to have a major horn for Luxemburgers. Are you Azerbaijani in disguise?

Marty Clark spent 18 months at a feeder club learning the game. He didn't just rock up.

I'm questioning your bizarre suggestion that even playing at Luxembourg's level isn't an achievement

No, rocking up is exactly what he did

Luxembourg, a country of 600,000 people

Brian Fenton would have a field day

quit yo jibbajabba

I wanted to interject at the outset but chose not to. As its continuing and OP shows no signs of backing down id just like to say ive read some shite on this board and this is deffo up there. Carry on tho, its entertaining 😂

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: tiempo on September 09, 2021, 11:27:31 AM
Genuine question

Would the 11 of the peak Dublin all conquering 6 IAR team beat the Luxemburgers at Lansdowne?

I say yes

Would a team of amateur players in a different sport beat full time pros in another? Are you for real?

Not in Aussie Rules....

I stand by my point. Kevin Moran, Seamus Coleman and scores of others went abroad with a GAA background and made the top level. GAA lads are going to Aus and making the top level. The Dubs would punish the Lux'burgers, to suggest otherwise is silly

Moran played LoI before he lined out for the Dubs. Using your logic LoI players would boss football..

Coleman was always a soccer player who played some GAA. I can't think of any player who jumped from the GAA to professional football.

Its absolute nonsense to suggest lads who have never played a sport could just pick it up and beat a bunch of pros. Then add in the amateur v professional fitness levels and thats another layer. Offensive nonsense.

It's offensive to lose to a load of bin men and posties from Luxembourg tbh. Absolutely no doubt Dean Rock would rattle off a load of shots at the so called onion bag and Con would rip their midfield a new one.

And yes why wouldn't they be competitive at the rugby World Cup against Canada? Nothing to fear from a few off season ice road truckers

Where is this binmen noise coming from? They have players in the top flight in Germany, Belgium, France, Holland,Austria, the US, Ukraine and 2nd tier in England.

Give over.

You seem to have a major horn for Luxemburgers. Are you Azerbaijani in disguise?

Marty Clark spent 18 months at a feeder club learning the game. He didn't just rock up.

I'm questioning your bizarre suggestion that even playing at Luxembourg's level isn't an achievement

Fantastic fishing. Got me.

Cobra

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 09, 2021, 12:14:44 PM
Quote from: tiempo on September 09, 2021, 11:27:31 AM
Genuine question

I say yes

Not in Aussie Rules....

Give over.

Fantastic fishing. Got me.

Cathal McShane scored against Man Utd. An option off the bench at least if you ask me.

tiempo

Thanks for taking part lads, I got a wee laugh off it rite enuf  ;D

seafoid

Aaron Connolly scored twice for Brighton last night.
Maybe the famine is over
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hound

Despite being pretty awful in the last international break, I think Connolly is still the best Irish prospect to be a proper goalscorer. His movement and ability to be in the right place at the right time is way ahead of the other young Irish strikers imo. A striker missing chances is a better goalscoring prospect than a player who seems to be playing much better but rarely seems to get chances (Connolly vs Idah for example, although they could form a decent partnership).

Itchy

rodney trotter

I don't think he's the best prospect to be natural goalscorer.  Troy Parrot was a lot more clinical with the Irish underage teams.
That's Connolly first goals since January

Hound

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 23, 2021, 01:51:09 PM
I don't think he's the best prospect to be natural goalscorer.  Troy Parrot was a lot more clinical with the Irish underage teams.
That's Connolly first goals since January
As with all Irish strikers, we're only going on potential, not reality.
Connolly only has 5 goals in 42 premier league appearances for Brighton, most of them off the bench.

Parrott has 4 league goals in 36 league games across League One and Championship.

Adam Idah has 3 in 33 for Norwich in PL and championship.

The only way is up!

lurganblue

Callum Robinson seemed to be getting pelters from the media yesterday cos he said he wouldnt be getting the vaccine.  The lad has had covid twice.

rodney trotter

He shouldn't be let into Azerbaijan.  He'll probably come back and have it for the 3rd time

Itchy

Calum Robinson is a bit thick not getting his vaccine but there are people in all walks of life not getting it and that is their right. Now Rodney, if you have had COVID in past 6 months you are effectively vaccinated against it naturally. So for example, if your wife had COVID and you were in close proximity to her you would not be deemed a close contact if 1) You are vaccinated or 2) If you  have had COVID in past 6 months. So Robinson is at no greater risk than one of the vaccinated players.

rodney trotter

Regardless of that it doesn't set a good example.  They were banging on about International travel being solely for Vaccinated ppl.

Robinson obviously doesn't see the need to get the vaccine and that's his wish but I wouldn't have him in the Squad