Dublin Vs Meath

Started by Jinxy, April 13, 2008, 09:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Its on like Donkey Kong. Discuss.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Maguire01

Anything but a Meath win - just to avoid the mess of play-offs......  Unless Westmeath beat Monaghan - then please let's have a Meath win.  :P

Farrandeelin

If Meath win, is it not head to head performances in the actual league? Meath would be promoted on that basis..
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Maguire01

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 13, 2008, 10:29:35 PM
If Meath win, is it not head to head performances in the actual league? Meath would be promoted on that basis..
No - play-offs.

Jinxy

I'd love a couple of games against the Dubs. Sure we're like oul pals at this stage. ;)

thejuice

*****delete thread please, kind Moderator*****
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Well our chances of getting to the final are slim to none, but a chance to deny the Dubs a final spot is very appealing.   

Been looking forward to this game since february and despite the GAA denying me the chance of being there on what was my birthday yesterday by shunting the fixtures back a week hasnt dampened my spirits.

So where to begin with this one, Meath havent impressed at all yet a glimmer of a place in the final still exists. its not going to happen but still mathematically possible. Dublin have ploughed through most of the competition but last week came assunder to an impressive Armagh side.

Some of our injured troops are back and will hopefully be 100% for next weekend. But still the form guide points to a Dublin win.

Hound

Quote from: thejuice on April 14, 2008, 12:58:38 PM
Well our chances of getting to the final are slim to none, but a chance to deny the Dubs a final spot is very appealing.   
That makes no sense given the chances of Meath getting to the final and the chances of Dublin not getting to the final are equal.

If Meath prevent Dublin making the final, there are only two scenarios. Meath are in the final - or there is a three way playoff between Dublin, Meath and WM or Mon.

thejuice

Quote from: Hound on April 14, 2008, 02:02:13 PM
That makes no sense given the chances of Meath getting to the final and the chances of Dublin not getting to the final are equal.

If Meath prevent Dublin making the final, there are only two scenarios. Meath are in the final - or there is a three way playoff between Dublin, Meath and WM or Mon.

Was of the thinking that we needed to beat Dublin by 20+ points to get in, since nether of us played Cork.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: thejuice on April 14, 2008, 02:07:05 PM

Was of the thinking that we needed to beat Dublin by 20+ points to get in, since nether of us played Cork.

I think it's around the 10 point margin as you will increase your points difference by 10 points and decrease de Dubs by 10, giving a 20 point turnaround...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Hound

Quote from: thejuice on April 14, 2008, 02:07:05 PM

Well thats hardly "a chance to deny the Dubs a final spot" !

Perhaps I'm being a bit pedantic! But if Meath do enough to stop Dublin making the final, then its very likely they will have done enough to make the final themselves, so your priorities looked mixed up.

In any event its 11 points, not 20, that Meath need to win by the make the final. Although if anyone else finishes on 9 points (i.e. Mon if they lose or WM if they draw), then the points diff goes out the window.

Jinxy

Scoring difference has no bearing I thought.  ???

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Jinxy on April 14, 2008, 02:24:06 PM
Scoring difference has no bearing I thought.  ???

If it's just yourselves and de Dubs tied on 9 points then scoring difference comes into play as both of yous didn't play Cork...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...