Sam Maguire Group 2 - Galway, Armagh, Tyrone, Westmeath

Started by GAABoardMod5, May 23, 2023, 08:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galwayman

I really don't get why people have been making such a big deal over the capacity.
If it were in Croker would they get much more than 10k? I doubt it & there would be no atmosphere up there.
It's not knock out.
If a small number of fans need to watch it on telly because Carrick sells out so what.

Tubberman

Carrick's a great town anyway, so I don't see what the outrage is about. Should be a great atmosphere too, much better than if it was in Croker.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

balladmaker

It's a great town for the weekend break, not so sure for the day trip to a Sunday evening match though.  But we'll be there.

Louther

Quote from: armaghniac on June 09, 2023, 03:49:32 AM
Why should people respond to an inconvenient venue by buying tickets 10 days before a game? People could have decided to go on the day if Galway and the GAA were not acting the bollix.

Assume this is parody?

seafoid

Quote from: Tubberman on June 09, 2023, 09:55:59 AM
Carrick's a great town anyway, so I don't see what the outrage is about. Should be a great atmosphere too, much better than if it was in Croker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aUhyhS1hGE

trailer

Why should people respond to an inconvenient venue by buying tickets 10 days before a game? People could have decided to go on the day if Galway and the GAA were not acting the bollix.

The idea is that the game is neutral. Being halfway between the two counties is irrelevant. The GAA have done their best. As per usual The Armagh Whiners want special circumstance for themselves.

Rossfan

You'd think the fact that tickets weren't sold out in minutes might just embarrass them into shutting up for a while.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RedHand88

Fair play to HQ for not falling for it. I feared they would try to set up a nonsense double header over it.

statto

I don't see what the complaining about is from Armagh supporters about the venue.  I saw a few clowns on social media saying Armagh would bring 30k to Croke Park for the game had it been there. 

I have prior engagement over the weekend, but the overall format that would put me off going, Armagh really have to win by 7 and hope westmeath beat tyrone both highly unlikely.  No real championship feel to it, for example if Armagh are a point up with 5 left it would/should be edge of the seat stuff but this would not be the case given the circumstances and game is a bit of a dead rubber.  There are definite issues with the format and no better than the super 8s from what i can see.

seafoid

The Group stage gives counties like Armagh access to more matches at a high level. The Super 8s were more selective.

lurganblue

Been to all of the championship games this year so far but i could never make this weekend no matter where it was.  That being said, i still think if i was available, i'd be missing this one anyway. The distance, the added cost, the timing, the dead rubber feel... it all adds up.  I think this format really needs to be examined for next year.

statto

Quote from: seafoid on June 09, 2023, 01:32:19 PM
The Group stage gives counties like Armagh access to more matches at a high level. The Super 8s were more selective.

How many times are you going to say that?

rrhf

Quote from: Louther on June 09, 2023, 10:25:07 AM

Assume this is parody?
[/quote
Best supporters mehole.
Any excuse to get out it.
Are Armagh they whiniest county in Ireland. ref, Galway, the GAA, the Location, Riain, rain, cccc, too small, too big, wtf.

Louther

Quote from: rrhf on June 09, 2023, 02:20:17 PM
Quote from: Louther on June 09, 2023, 10:25:07 AM

Assume this is parody?
[/quote
Best supporters mehole.
Any excuse to get out it.
Are Armagh they whiniest county in Ireland. ref, Galway, the GAA, the Location, Riain, rain, cccc, too small, too big, wtf.

You missed:
BBQs
Cup Finals
Beer gardens

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Rossfan on June 09, 2023, 11:28:15 AM
You'd think the fact that tickets weren't sold out in minutes might just embarrass them into shutting up for a while.....

Laughable. Tickets are still available on TM. So much for the best-supported team in the country.