Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

The Utd cup rests at Anfield this year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Farrandeelin

Had a feeling Liverpool would win last night and unfortunately I was proven right. Didn't see the game as I don't have sky sports, but Utd must be dreadful going by twitter's reaction and the contributions here too. Any more defeats would not be good for morale ahead of the Europa League final either. Finish the season on a winning streak at the very least to have momentum going into that final.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

macker15

Quote from: laoislad on May 13, 2021, 10:34:59 PM
Quote from: GJL on May 13, 2021, 08:16:11 PM

Would fancy Cavani for a goal or two.
Was he playing tonight?

In Phillip's back pocket 😉

NAG1

Have literally never seen Liverpool fans so peaked, I didnt realise it was the league title on the line last night.

Someone better let Pep know they have to run down with the trophy to Anfield, unreal.

No one wants to the lose the game, but you have one team with something to play for and one team with literally nothing.

On the performance, United no where near the level required for a number of reasons. I will take this result all day long if it shows to Ole and the Club how short we really are in terms of overall quality within the squad and they react over the summer.

GJL

Quote from: NAG1 on May 14, 2021, 08:46:10 AM
Have literally never seen Liverpool fans so peaked, I didnt realise it was the league title on the line last night.

Someone better let Pep know they have to run down with the trophy to Anfield, unreal.

No one wants to the lose the game, but you have one team with something to play for and one team with literally nothing.

On the performance, United no where near the level required for a number of reasons. I will take this result all day long if it shows to Ole and the Club how short we really are in terms of overall quality within the squad and they react over the summer.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that!

Armamike

It's a fairly big derby game. Bragging rights are the norm in this one, for both sides.  If you Manu had won last night my phone would have pinging with messages from a few in laws.  Thankfully it was quiet.

Man U fans got a glimpse last night what it's like to lose a regular cb. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

trueblue1234

Triggered much? 😂
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

bigarsedkeeper

There's things like games played etc that lead to that last night but it has highlighted Utds problems all year.

Fred is nowhere near good enough, I've made this point many times. He gives the ball away in places that give away goals so many times. Roma, Villa and last night all goals came from him giving the ball in front of the goals and putting someone else under pressure. That's 3 in a week. Leicester in the cup too.
Add Bailey, Lindeloff, Matic, McTominay & Mata to that and there's huge issues at CB and CM. Is DVB going to improve? The back up full backs aren't near the standard either.

We haven't bought a right winger since Tony Valencia and he retired this week.

Unless the club spend money well this year Utd could struggle for the top 4 next year.

Maroon Manc

United have played a fair bit more football then Liverpool in recent weeks and United have nothing to play for except for pride; I wouldn't be getting too carried away over analysing last night's performance.

United conceding goals from set pieces continues to be a problem and we all know unless United buy at least 2 top players this summer we're not good enough to mount a realistic challenge for the title.

Louther

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 14, 2021, 10:48:14 AM
United have played a fair bit more football then Liverpool in recent weeks and United have nothing to play for except for pride; I wouldn't be getting too carried away over analysing last night's performance.

United conceding goals from set pieces continues to be a problem and we all know unless United buy at least 2 top players this summer we're not good enough to mount a realistic challenge for the title.

That's a soft take and maybe shows where the modern player is. Playing Liverpool at home in a game at end of season that effectively knocks them out of next season CL, a few days after losing and giving your neighbours at title, all be one that was a done deal.

Pride? Was much more than that on the line. A Fergie team would have been foaming at the mouth to put them to sword and Liverpool with two rookie centre backs and hardly a player on the bench bar Mane.

No wonder the team is soft, fans gone soft too.

mouview

Souness absolved the Glaziers last night for much of the blame, which must come as a massive relief to window fitters everywhere.

nrico2006

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on May 14, 2021, 09:51:30 AM
There's things like games played etc that lead to that last night but it has highlighted Utds problems all year.

Fred is nowhere near good enough, I've made this point many times. He gives the ball away in places that give away goals so many times. Roma, Villa and last night all goals came from him giving the ball in front of the goals and putting someone else under pressure. That's 3 in a week. Leicester in the cup too.
Add Bailey, Lindeloff, Matic, McTominay & Mata to that and there's huge issues at CB and CM. Is DVB going to improve? The back up full backs aren't near the standard either.

Unless the club spend money well this year Utd could struggle for the top 4 next year.

Add Jones to that list too.  United haven't had a top DM since 2008 and still lack a real dominant midfielder who can grab the ball and drive the team forward.  Badly need to buy a top striker too.  I would be after a CB, DM and CF.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 14, 2021, 11:23:09 AM
Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on May 14, 2021, 09:51:30 AM

Add Jones to that list too.  United haven't had a top DM since 2008 and still lack a real dominant midfielder who can grab the ball and drive the team forward.  Badly need to buy a top striker too.  I would be after a CB, DM and CF.

I hadn't counted him because I've as much chance of playing at the minute but yes 100%. I'd agree with that. Can't see them buying a striker this year to be honest. I think the Sancho deal might get done but I'm not confident in any decent business being done. If that's the case Ole won't see the next season out and we'll back to a new manager and starting all over again. Maybe some will say that's for the best, I'm not so sure. I'd like to see Ole be successful but without proper investment he hasn't a hope long term. Will be delighted to see him win the EL if it happens.

There's big questions over the goalkeeper position too. Neither look the real deal, Henderson is pushing but he's maybe a bit off the required level yet. DDG isn't the keeper he was.

trailer

How far should Matic be shot out of a cannon? 1000 miles? 2000 miles?

J70

Seriously?

You can't comprehend why Liverpool fans would be delighted with that win in the circumstances the team is in?