Grants Again

Started by Baile Brigín 2, May 11, 2021, 11:44:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louther

Comical  ;D ;D ;D ;D

You can have 100bn on cash at the end of year but if you owe 110bn and your main income stream is cut, it means very little and your future is not going to be smooth.

Very simple fact when looking at Financials - you can't look at 1 figure in isolation. A 1st business student could tell you that.

Angelo

Quote from: Louther on May 13, 2021, 11:12:11 AM
Comical  ;D ;D ;D ;D

You can have 100bn on cash at the end of year but if you owe 110bn and your main income stream is cut, it means very little and your future is not going to be smooth.

Very simple fact when looking at Financials - you can't look at 1 figure in isolation. A 1st business student could tell you that.

If you have 100bn of cash at the end of the year and payables of 10bn cash due by the end of next year.

You are still cash rich.

You are incredibly stupid.

They have 53m in the bank and net assets of 100m. They are cash rich and only a stupid person would contend otherwise.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Louther

You are so wrong it's funny. I'd love to see you sitting behind a desk if I came looking for a loan.

If you making an argument on reserves of €110m when this includes €140m of land, bricks and mortor then god help you.

Angelo

Quote from: Louther on May 13, 2021, 12:17:28 PM
You are so wrong it's funny. I'd love to see you sitting behind a desk if I came looking for a loan.

If you making an argument on reserves of €110m when this includes €140m of land, bricks and mortor then god help you.

Listen, dullard.

You are the guy saying that an organisation with 53m cash, sitting in a bank is not cash risk.

That is as idiotic as it gets.

I'm making an argument on reserves as it shows the net position of the organisation. An organisation that has 110m more assets than its liabilities, 53m of which is cash, in a bank account that can be put to use at a seconds notice.

This is all obvious and it's incredible that you actually can't see how stupid your argument. And it's frankly flabbergasting the arrogance you must have to truly believe you are right here when any accountant or financial expert would laugh their hole off at you about the stupidity of your statement.

Meanwhile your contention is that a organisation with net assets of 110m, with cash in a bank of 53m should not foot this bill but the govt should.

The govt who have a national debt of 250bn, a housing crisis crying out for capital investment, a health crisis crying out for investment in the public system via way of medical staff and facilities.

It's clear you haven't a notion what you're talking about but continue to show yourself for a guy who has zero common sense and a massive ego to top it off.

Louther

Quote from: Angelo on May 13, 2021, 01:53:33 PM

Listen, dullard.

You are the guy saying that an organisation with 53m cash, sitting in a bank is not cash risk.

I'm making an argument on reserves as it shows the net position of the organisation. An organisation that has 110m more assets than its liabilities, 53m of which is cash, in a bank account that can be put to use at a seconds notice.

This is all obvious and it's incredible that you actually can't see how stupid your argument. And it's frankly flabbergasting the arrogance you must have to truly believe you are right here when any accountant or financial expert would laugh their hole off at you about the stupidity of your statement.

Meanwhile your contention is that a organisation with net assets of 110m, with cash in a bank of 53m should not foot this bill but the govt should.

The govt who have a national debt of 250bn, a housing crisis crying out for capital investment, a health crisis crying out for investment in the public system via way of medical staff and facilities.

It's clear you haven't a notion what you're talking about but continue to show yourself for a guy who has zero common sense and a massive ego to top it off.

Sweet Lord Jesus, the most basic explanations have been offered to you and you still can't differentiate between net assets, reserves and cash in the back.

Give it up, you've totally embarrassed yourself here and the above makes absolutely no sense at all. You can't grasp or understand the most basic accounting concepts going.

Simply the reserves aren't liquid or cash. It's bricks. That is as simple as it gets "dullard".

And I never mentioned footing any bill or grants or government etc. I just contested that the GAA aren't a cash rich organisation at present and with the future outlook.

But for the record I've always said the GAA should be carrying its own costs and have never agreed with these grants from GPA driven agenda been paid by Gov.

Angelo

Quote from: Louther on May 13, 2021, 02:06:47 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 13, 2021, 01:53:33 PM

Listen, dullard.

Sweet Lord Jesus, the most basic explanations have been offered to you and you still can't differentiate between net assets, reserves and cash in the back.

Give it up, you've totally embarrassed yourself here and the above makes absolutely no sense at all. You can't grasp or understand the most basic accounting concepts going.

Simply the reserves aren't liquid or cash. It's bricks. That is as simple as it gets "dullard".

And I never mentioned footing any bill or grants or government etc. I just contested that the GAA aren't a cash rich organisation at present and with the future outlook.

But for the record I've always said the GAA should be carrying its own costs and have never agreed with these grants from GPA driven agenda been paid by Gov.

Keep digging.

I have clearly a far better understanding of this of you. You would be laughed and ridiculed of your appraisal there. It's not me who doesn't understand basic accounting concepts. The most basic accounting concepts and ratios which are used to measure liquidity of businesses would say that the GAA are a very cash rich organisation.

They have net current assets of 35m.

Their current ratio is 1.30:1 - anything above 1.2:1 is deemed a good current ratio. Your current ratio reflects the liquidity of a company.

They have 53m in their bank account.

Now they are basic financial and accounting principles that back up the contention that the GAA is a cash rich organisation.

Have you anything other than bluster to support your risible claims?

Louther

Again, you are considering that they will return to a surplus this year, ignoring the past trading report and not considering cash flows and projections as part of the going concern concept. They lost 34m in 2020 and looking like that again. That's lot of cash burning up and going out the door. They relied heavily on Gov intervention in 2020.

I'm fed up trying to talk sense to a lamppost.

Here's what they had to say themselves

https://www.gaa.ie/news/gaa-report-deficit-of-34-1m-in-2020-financial-results/

Angelo

Quote from: Louther on May 13, 2021, 02:31:36 PM
Again, you are considering that they will return to a surplus this year, ignoring the past trading report and not considering cash flows and projections as part of the going concern concept. They lost 34m in 2020 and looking like that again. That's lot of cash burning up and going out the door. They relied heavily on Gov intervention in 2020.

I'm not talking about profits and losses here. I'm talking about cash rich.

The GAA's cash position actually improved last year from 37m to 53m.

It's clear you haven't the first notion of what you're waffling about here.

You offered no metric whatsover, only bluster.

Anyone who denies the GAA are cash rich doesn't know that they are talking about. Their financial statements confirm it and any qualified financial expert or accountant would tell you that.

Louther

Quote from: Angelo on May 13, 2021, 02:35:38 PM

Anyone who denies the GAA are cash rich doesn't know that they are talking about. Their financial statements confirm it and any qualified financial expert or accountant would tell you that.

This is genuinely the worst take I've ever come across. You talk like you know stuff but repeating the same point over and over again, ignoring the noise round you doesn't make it right.

You should get a job on Wall Street and tell these organisations that they wasting their time on regulators and auditors, just announce how much in the bank at the year end and that'll do rightly.

Any business can be cash rich if they ignore their liabilities and outgoings knwoning that their incomings are drying up.

Angelo

Quote from: Louther on May 13, 2021, 02:50:22 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 13, 2021, 02:35:38 PM

This is genuinely the worst take I've ever come across. You talk like you know stuff but repeating the same point over and over again, ignoring the noise round you doesn't make it right.

You should get a job on Wall Street and tell these organisations that they wasting their time on regulators and auditors, just announce how much in the bank at the year end and that'll do rightly.

Any business can be cash rich if they ignore their liabilities and outgoings knwoning that their incomings are drying up.

More bluster.

Have you any metrics of figures to back what you are saying.

Basic accounting principles, ratios and test would say the GAA are a cash rich organisation.

They are not in debt, have net current assets of 35m, have reservers of 110m, have a positive current ratio, have 53m cash in the bank.

Are you going to continue to waffle on or are you going to provide any substantive figures? I think the reason you haven't been able to make any metric that supports you argument before is that there are none. You have waffled, the accounts are publicly available and it's quite easy to rip your spoofery to shreds.

Cash in the bank of 53 (a 16m increase on last year)
35m in net assets
110m in reserves
1.3:1 current ratio

All metrics that say you are talking out of your arse when you contest the GAA are a cash rich organisation.

Louther

You constantly repeat the same few figures that have been easily dismissed above.

Financial analysis isn't looking at 1 figure at 1 moment in time - you have to look at trends, source of funds, liquidity of current assets, ageing, comparatives to same sector, markets etc etc.

Maybe you should ring Tom Ryan and tell him he is cash rich, he'd be delighted to hear that when he gets off the floor laughing.

The have slashed capital grants, games development grants, amended the players injury scheme, reduced number of games, put staff on PUP, required Gov grants to allow Intercounty games to go ahead, facing future reduced income from games plus income from renewal of corporate and ten years seats will be pushed out by 2 years, but they are cash rich.

Them Apple and Microsoft. All the one.

If you ran a bank you'd make the Last financial crisis look like speed bump.

Angelo

Quote from: Louther on May 13, 2021, 03:31:46 PM
You constantly repeat the same few figures that have been easily dismissed above.

Financial analysis isn't looking at 1 figure at 1 moment in time - you have to look at trends, source of funds, liquidity of current assets, ageing, comparatives to same sector, markets etc etc.

Maybe you should ring Tom Ryan and tell him he is cash rich, he'd be delighted to hear that when he gets off the floor laughing.

The have slashed capital grants, games development grants, amended the players injury scheme, reduced number of games, put staff on PUP, required Gov grants to allow Intercounty games to go ahead, facing future reduced income from games plus income from renewal of corporate and ten years seats will be pushed out by 2 years, but they are cash rich.

More waffle and no metrics.

Financial analysis always has to be backed up by figures and that's why I took great pleasure when you let your ego run wild and started waffling on about something you don't even possess the most basic of knowledge about.

The GAA are a cash rich organisation. Their balance sheet confirms that. I have put the metrics up which substantiate that and you have provided the most incoherent gibberish any functioing adult would be humiliated by having their name associated with.

Louther

Quote from: Angelo on May 13, 2021, 03:37:25 PM

Financial analysis always has to be backed up by figures and that's why I took great pleasure when you let your ego run wild and started waffling on about something you don't even possess the most basic of knowledge about.

The GAA are a cash rich organisation. Their balance sheet confirms that. I have put the metrics up which substantiate that and you have provided the most incoherent gibberish any functioing adult would be humiliated by having their name associated with.

;D ;D ;D ;D

You've done nothing of the sort bar repeating 3 figures over and over and over and over and over again.

Leprechaun economics.

Angelo

Quote from: Louther on May 13, 2021, 03:41:21 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D

You've done nothing of the sort bar repeating 3 figures over and over and over and over and over again.

Leprechaun economics.

Yes, the fact that you can't the importance understand liquidity ratios when it comes to assessing a company or organisation's cash status is part of the reason you are digging a hole for yourself in front of the whole forum.

You're the one arguing the GAA aren't a cash rich organisation. You're doing so without any financial evidence and dismissing one of the most regularly used measurements of a company's liquidity.

But apparently you know what you are talking about here.

Incredible, absolutely incredible stupidity you are displaying. You'd be some hoot in front a powerpoint assessing a company's financial performance.

Louther

Quote from: Angelo on May 13, 2021, 03:52:10 PM
Quote from: Louther on May 13, 2021, 03:41:21 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D

Leprechaun economics.

Yes, the fact that you can't the importance understand liquidity ratios when it comes to assessing a company or organisation's cash status is part of the reason you are digging a hole for yourself in front of the whole forum.

You're the one arguing the GAA aren't a cash rich organisation. You're doing so without any financial evidence and dismissing one of the most regularly used measurements of a company's liquidity.

But apparently you know what you are talking about here.

Incredible, absolutely incredible stupidity you are displaying. You'd be some hoot in front a powerpoint assessing a company's financial performance.

;D ;D ;D :D :D Comical Ali of the financial world

Leprechaun Economics