The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Quote from: macker15 on May 16, 2021, 09:32:41 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 04, 2021, 09:56:55 PM
Quote from: macker15 on March 01, 2021, 05:20:59 PM
Will the Everton lads have sobered up for tonight? I thought they won the league last week when they bate a patched up Liverpool side. Last week result will count for nothing if don't win tonight.
Time to book the victory parade bus

;D ;D ;D

I think ye overcelebrated beating liverpool b team
seriously mate, what age are you? Is this supposed to be an attempt at 'banter'? 🙄
nil satis nisi optimum

SHEEDY

In a season of pathetic performances that tonight was as gutless as anything served up. Ancellotti can't escape criticism either, 5 defenders and 2 holding midfielders at home to sheff utd ffs. Big job in summer, starting with shipping some out.
nil satis nisi optimum

macker15

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 16, 2021, 10:12:08 PM
Will the Everton lads have sobered up for tonight? I thought they won the league last week when they bate a patched up Liverpool side. Last week result will count for nothing if don't win tonight.

;D ;D ;D

seriously mate, what age are you? Is this supposed to be an attempt at 'banter'? 🙄
🤣🤣🤣 a few people were getting carried away with the everton victory at the time. Everton with 3 points ahead of pool and 2 games in hand.

SHEEDY

Quote from: macker15 on May 16, 2021, 10:56:47 PM

;D ;D ;D

🤣🤣🤣 a few people were getting carried away with the everton victory at the time. Everton with 3 points ahead of pool and 2 games in hand.
Quote from: macker15 on May 16, 2021, 10:56:47 PM

;D ;D ;D

were they aye?? 👍
nil satis nisi optimum

johnnycool

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 16, 2021, 10:16:51 PM
In a season of pathetic performances that tonight was as gutless as anything served up. Ancellotti can't escape criticism either, 5 defenders and 2 holding midfielders at home to sheff utd ffs. Big job in summer, starting with shipping some out.

For me Richarlison and DCL aren't prolific enough in front of goal. DCL is young enough but he hit the keeper in the coupon with an open goal in front of him. Richarlison isn't an out and out striker anyway and both seem a bit jaded. I've liked the cut of Kings jib with the few cameo's he's made when introduced and would like to see him start the next two games.

Holgate had another mare at RB and maybe should be moved on if they secure Max Aarons in the summer. I'd stick with Siggy, but Gomez, Delph, Bernand and Iwobi need their P45's for a start.

Rodriguez isn't going to play three games in a row for Everton but I'd keep him for he at least can pick a pass even if he needs Allan and Daucoure to cover his arse defensively.

Hope Ancelotti sticks it for another year and is given a few bob to pull in some lads, but the Europa league is probably all but gone as well..

imtommygunn

DCL is not a composed finisher. If he's one on one I'd give him a 5/10 chance of scoring. Top class strikers you would probably have at an 8 or 9 out of 10 chance.

Holgate gets hammered by everton fans. By all accounts he's on the way out.

Delph has been on of the worst transfers in everton history and that is saying something.  Richarlison is hard to work out. Unsure on his best position. I am not sure his heart is in it at everton. Gomez should have been so good but hasn't been. By all accounts Bernard has been really struggling with depression.

We need at least 3 or 4 new players.

manfromdelmonte

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 17, 2021, 09:36:58 AM
DCL is not a composed finisher. If he's one on one I'd give him a 5/10 chance of scoring. Top class strikers you would probably have at an 8 or 9 out of 10 chance.

Holgate gets hammered by everton fans. By all accounts he's on the way out.

Delph has been on of the worst transfers in everton history and that is saying something.  Richarlison is hard to work out. Unsure on his best position. I am not sure his heart is in it at everton. Gomez should have been so good but hasn't been. By all accounts Bernard has been really struggling with depression.

We need at least 3 or 4 new players.

All touched by the Ev.....

In a serious note though, that's pretty bad about Bernard. Always thought he was technically good but just too watery. If it's depression you can understand how he would struggle. Hope the lad is alright

laoislad

10th in the end,but sure at least you have the we beat Liverpool at Anfield trophy to look back on.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

SHEEDY

Quote from: laoislad on May 23, 2021, 06:38:55 PM
10th in the end,but sure at least you have the we beat Liverpool at Anfield trophy to look back on.
nice of you to take the time to check in 👍

Thank god that season is over, last few months have been a hard watch. Embarrassing today, was like an exhibition match for City. Said it before but theres a massive clear out needed, easier said than done though.
nil satis nisi optimum

GiveItToTheShooters

The Ev. The gift that keeps on giving  ;D ;D ;D

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 23, 2021, 08:34:21 PM

this you?

Quote from: SHEEDY on February 20, 2021, 07:52:07 PM
Just checking in lads. Everyone OK?  8)

SHEEDY

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 23, 2021, 09:39:24 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on May 23, 2021, 08:34:21 PM

this you?

Quote from: SHEEDY on February 20, 2021, 07:52:07 PM
Just checking in lads. Everyone OK?  8)
feck me they're all out tonight.  🙄
nil satis nisi optimum

brokencrossbar1

Look we can laugh at Everton but seriously Sheedy do you believe that the club can do the clear out that is needed and reinvest appropriately?  If things are to be believed the new stadium will coat 1/2 a billion. The players that are there are not good enough. There was such a big deal about James and he's fucked off to South America. Youse are still relying on Siggurdson, Coleman and a few others. Richarlison is so overrated but will leave in a heart beat at the first show of knickers from a Spanish team or a team in London. Calvert Lewin is a streaky striker who was shit hit pre-Christmas but tailed off badly. Pickford is a liability. You genuinely would need 5-6 players to move to the next level but can you get them without European football?  I genuinely don't think so. It would seem to be a continuous mid table mediocrity

SHEEDY

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 23, 2021, 10:42:50 PM
Look we can laugh at Everton but seriously Sheedy do you believe that the club can do the clear out that is needed and reinvest appropriately?  If things are to be believed the new stadium will coat 1/2 a billion. The players that are there are not good enough. There was such a big deal about James and he's fucked off to South America. Youse are still relying on Siggurdson, Coleman and a few others. Richarlison is so overrated but will leave in a heart beat at the first show of knickers from a Spanish team or a team in London. Calvert Lewin is a streaky striker who was shit hit pre-Christmas but tailed off badly. Pickford is a liability. You genuinely would need 5-6 players to move to the next level but can you get them without European football?  I genuinely don't think so. It would seem to be a continuous mid table mediocrity

spot on, can't argue with that. Regarding a clear out the first 3 players that need to be out the door are Iwobi, Delph and Bernard, all on massive wages and all absolutely stealing a living. Pickford has been solid enough the last few months and along with Godfrey has been Everton's best player. European football would've been massive for the club and the fans and without it its harder to attract the better players. As season that promised much up until about March delivered the same outcome as other years.
nil satis nisi optimum