Started by RedHand88, July 31, 2021, 05:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

imtommygunn

Yeah there was a game the other year(and I can't even mind which game) he had a significant impact on. Tbh he is a good ball winner but a very poor kicker of the ball (I dunno if he was as bad pre australia) and you would expect him to win ball and layoff rather than going for points from out on the wing thirty yards out etc.

HokeyPokey

I think this was the hill that Tyrone needed to get over to go to the next stage.

There's definitely more football and finesse to them than that match showed. There were some silly mistakes, but they came in with little on pitch prep and the match in general was chaotic, so it can be excused. Tyrone have put in big brave performances in recent years, but let it slip away before like Mayo in 2016 and Kerry in 2019.

I don't think I've seen Tyrone play a match, with such determination, heart and leaving absolutely everything on the field, in
quite some time.

Another thing which should we be noted was that although Tyrone got men back, they didn't sit off and concede everything outside the scoring zone as had been the case under the old management, they relentlessly pressured and harried Kerry all over the field.

gallsman

Quote from: Halfquarter on August 31, 2021, 11:20:01 AM
Quote from: gallsman on August 31, 2021, 11:06:34 AM
With all the talk of cramp, was there any word on what happened Clifford? Commentary kept referring to cramp but it happened after Morgan went through him (completely fairly) and connected, I think, with his hip. I had assumed dead leg but that didn't come up at all in any of the discussion of it.

When he was sitting in the stand , he had an ice pack on his thigh, so I'd say he got a clip going for the ball with Morgan.

He definitely got it when Morgan beat him to the ball. My point is that an impact injury like that (I think from Morgan's hip) far more likely to be a dead leg than cramp. A dead leg has nothing to do with conditioning.

nrico2006

He must have had cramp as well as he seemingly asked Morgan for assistance after the clash.  Unless Morgan just lifted his leg when Clifford was laying in a heap.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

rrhf

Quote from: HokeyPokey on August 31, 2021, 11:31:32 AM
I think this was the hill that Tyrone needed to get over to go to the next stage.

There's definitely more football and finesse to them than that match showed. There were some silly mistakes, but they came in with little on pitch prep and the match in general was chaotic, so it can be excused. Tyrone have put in big brave performances in recent years, but let it slip away before like Mayo in 2016 and Kerry in 2019.

I don't think I've seen Tyrone play a match, with such determination, heart and leaving absolutely everything on the field, in
quite some time.

Another thing which should we be noted was that although Tyrone got men back, they didn't sit off and concede everything outside the scoring zone as had been the case under the old management, they relentlessly pressured and harried Kerry all over the field.
One thing that should be said and is now hypothetical, is how much better Tyrone would have been had the camp not been ravaged by covid.  They made loads of technical mistakes but their will to win was at such a level as emphasisied by Harte.

Cobra

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 31, 2021, 11:48:43 AM
He must have had cramp as well as he seemingly asked Morgan for assistance after the clash.  Unless Morgan just lifted his leg when Clifford was laying in a heap.

Ahhy he must've had cramp as well.

hoynevalley

Clifford cramped up in Munster early in year too. Think was against Clare.

Jayop

The dirty Tyrone hoor was trying to make the dead leg worse!!  ;)

TabClear

Quote from: Jayop on August 31, 2021, 04:31:34 PM

The dirty Tyrone hoor was trying to make the dead leg worse!!  ;)

Is that you Pat?  ;D

BennyCake

Quote from: Cobra on August 31, 2021, 12:28:48 PM

Ahhy he must've had cramp as well.

Clifford does run strangely sometimes , even after scoring. Like he's hurt his ankle, or he's shit himself.

clarshack

Quote from: hoynevalley on August 31, 2021, 12:47:22 PM

Is there something else at play if Clifford has also cramped up in a routine victory over Clare?

hoynevalley

Quote from: clarshack on August 31, 2021, 11:55:34 PM

Is there something else at play if Clifford has also cramped up in a routine victory over Clare?

Could be over doing in warm up or training?
I noticed in Tipp game on sky before game and during water breaks anytime camera focussed on him he was taking some kind of supplement(prob gels). Thought was strange was drinking a lot of fluids but I suppose with maor uisce not allowed prob the norm for all players.

BennyHarp

Carrying 14 men is probably going to become a strain on the legs eventually.
That was never a square ball!!

Nanderson

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 01, 2021, 08:37:44 PM

Hes probably just genetically full of fast twitch muscle fibres which make him very explosive but do not last long in the endurance department

rrhf

Quote from: Nanderson on September 01, 2021, 08:40:10 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 01, 2021, 08:37:44 PM

Hes probably just genetically full of fast twitch muscle fibres which make him very explosive but do not last long in the endurance department
No doubt