Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

StPatsAbu

Yep. Thought I saw the hand trip in the ground too. Black cards when it suits

clarshack

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 29, 2021, 10:12:52 PM
Am I the only one still struggling to get over the fact that a Kerry inter county player butchered a certain goal by walking into the square ahead of the ball arriving and then handling the ball on the ground to push it into an empty net in case the umpires missed the square ball. If a 12 year old did it in a game you would be tearing your hair out. In such a tight match it cost them the game.

No, in real time at the game I couldn't believe they fucked that up.

yellowcard

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 29, 2021, 10:21:04 PM
O'Se not a Peter Keane fan I am getting...

That was fairly damning from Tomas O'Se. The knives are firmly out and there are plenty of Kerry ex players currently working in media roles who will add to it in the coming days.

nrico2006

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 29, 2021, 10:19:36 PM
No that was shocking....

Jack Barry tripped a player and was a blatant black.

23 minutes in Barry tripped Hampsey. 16 minutes in Clifford senior dragged down Meyler in a tackle that was a textbook black card.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

hoynevalley

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 29, 2021, 11:38:58 PM
No that was shocking....

23 minutes in Barry tripped Hampsey. 16 minutes in Clifford senior dragged down Meyler in a tackle that was a textbook black card.

Gavin White  body check on McGeary on first goal. Stephen O'Brien grabbing players and pulling to ground and Coldrick gave him the free.

nrico2006

Quote from: hoynevalley on August 29, 2021, 11:45:13 PM
No that was shocking....

Gavin White  body check on McGeary on first goal. Stephen O'Brien grabbing players and pulling to ground and Coldrick gave him the free.

I thought the White one was just dirty more than black cardable.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

hoynevalley

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 29, 2021, 11:51:30 PM
Quote from: hoynevalley on August 29, 2021, 11:45:13 PM
No that was shocking....

I thought the White one was just dirty more than black cardable.

Wasn't much different from McCurry on Crowley.

Gold

Am I the only one still struggling to get over the fact that a Kerry inter county player butchered a certain goal by walking into the square ahead of the ball arriving and then handling the ball on the ground to push it into an empty net in case the umpires missed the square ball. If a 12 year old did it in a game you would be tearing your hair out. In such a tight match it cost them the game.

Absolutely incredible.

Kerry woman I was with was raging he was starting "too fast for his mind he is, totally headless"
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/typically-thorny-tyrone-tear-up-the-prescribed-all-ireland-script-1.4659158

It was at this point that one of the questioners started to bring up vaccinations. Which was the cue for Brian Dooher, sat to Logan's right and looking at the age of 46 like he could have put in a tidy hour at wing-forward, to start to get cranky.
"Look, hold on a minute," he interjected. "Can I say something here? If this is coming at us to attack us here, which seems to be heading that direction. I'm not here . . .. We made a decision based on medical advice relevant to what happened and where we were. The medical advice was that we weren't fit to field. We were told that.
"So I have a duty of care to those players next door to me. People mightn't think that but was I going to put them out and [what if] something happened? I said no I'm not, I'd take the hit. And we were getting it [hassle] from the players for doing that. They weren't happy I pulled their championship on them.
"I don't want to get into this here now. But there's been a kind of a slant here that we've tried to pull a fast one here. It was a factual thing based on the evidence. I don't want to get into this here but if that's the way this is going – which it seems to be listening to it – I'm in the wrong place."
With that, Dooher was up and he was gone. Tyrone to the bone.
And in the final.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

If Tyrone don't want to see as pulling a fast one, then publish the numbers of people with Covid, the numbers isolating, the dates involved etc. If the public has to rely on rumour then they will think the worst.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

CK_Redhand

Quote from: armaghniac on August 30, 2021, 02:54:06 PM
If Tyrone don't want to see as pulling a fast one, then publish the numbers of people with Covid, the numbers isolating, the dates involved etc. If the public has to rely on rumour then they will think the worst.
Tyrone provided the relevant evidence to the GAA.  If people want to speculate wildly, that's up to them but as Dooher said they won't respond to any such nonsense.

Jayop

Quote from: Jayop on August 23, 2021, 06:16:13 PM
Quote from: In hiding on August 23, 2021, 06:01:33 PM
Is there a game happening on Saturday ?

There sure is. I'm really looking forward to Saturday now with the minor game on and the semi final. Great day for Tyrone GAA.

As for Tyrone's chances, let's be honest they were never great. Kerry gave us a hiding in the league and while I don't think we were ever in danger of that being repeated we were always going in as heavy underdogs. This covid situation has been a nightmare for everyone involved, Kerry (fair play to them for being accommodating) having to wait so long since the Munster final and Tyrone for the fact that training has been totally disrupted and there's a chance boys might not be at 100%, although that's of set to some degree by the fact other lads like McKenna and McShane have had more time to get up to speed.

This is the first year I can remember watching Tyrone where I can honestly say we've had the rub of the green from refs in all the games. Obviously a few big decisions have gone against us but that happens and on balance I think we've had more go for us. We're absolutely going to need that to continue to happen this weekend for us to have any chance at all. I'm worried Gough will be overly fussy about our defending and be card happy. We're screwed if so, hard enough to compete with Kerry with 15 men on the field, we can't afford any black or red cards at any point.

Do Tyrone have a chance? Of course they do. On their day they are more than capable of beating a fancied Kerry team. In 2008 we were total outsiders and we were facing a massive threat from brilliant Kerry forwards. We managed to nullify them then and it's possible it can happen. Tyrone do have to firepower to cause Kerry serious problems too if they can keep solid at the back. We just need to get plenty of really good quick ball in and perhaps for once we can not butcher every goal chance we get.

Not having beat a Kerry, Dublin or Mayo team since 2008 is a big monkey to shake off our back. It's a tall order but can be done.

Prediction

Kerry to be about 5 up at half time, Tyrone to come back at them but someone to make an idiotic challenge and get a black or red then Kerry to pull up comfortably in the end. I hope I'm wrong!!!!

Haha I got a lot of this wrong anyway but some of it right.

- We did manage to nullify most of the Kerry forwards. Clifford is just a joy to watch, the lad is just too good.
- We managed to take every goal chance that we got, that was ultimately the winning of the game for us.
- The fact no one is talking about the ref after the game from either camp would tell me he's done a good job. Our first black was exactly the kind of brainless challenge I mentioned above that we needed to avoid. I thought the McCurry one was maybe a bit harsh but by the letter of the law etc. Maybe Kerry should have had one for a deliberate trip but it was int he build up to our first goal anyway so who knows, had the ref called that back we might not have won the game.
- Our quick ball in which I thought would be vital didn't work all game and that's something we really need to look at improving. The forwards just couldn't get it to stick and the Kerry back line which took some stick coming into this game manned up well there with Moran helping them well.
- Our running game was what we got most of our scores from which was surprising. Kerry seemed to have planned very well for the long pass but not at all for the runners coming in waves.
- What do we do with Morgan?? Exceptional place kicking int eh first half and dreadful after that. I don't blame him for us not winning our kick outs as much as others have done, he put the ball where it was intended, Kerry just won more breaks than us.

Cobra

Quote from: armaghniac on August 30, 2021, 02:54:06 PM

f**k off. Publish numbers. It's private medical information.

Cobra

O'Brien isn't the cleverest by the looks of it. He should enter the Olympics next time out. His diving antics would make ye sick.

Cobra

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 29, 2021, 10:21:04 PM
O'Se not a Peter Keane fan I am getting...

Whatever about Peter Keane the Kerry management would want to look at the fitness coach. They weren't fit. The amount of Kerry players down with cramp was almost in double figures. They were no were near fit enough for that match on Saturday.