I am pro-Ireland

Started by Fiodoir Ard Mhacha, June 07, 2010, 09:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Down South on June 07, 2010, 10:47:07 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 07, 2010, 10:44:49 PM
neither was I

Is Blobby not Britsh?
Mr Blobby was a british creation as far as I know.  Considering you're such a big fan (bit weird if you ask me) I would have thought you'd know.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Cannonball

Aw thanks Pints. A flavour of what's in store then?
Do you believe in God?......I don't understand the question.

Zapatista

Quote from: Cannonball on June 07, 2010, 10:17:51 PM
Having lived away for nearly ten years in England, France and the States, and visited 20 odd countries around the world, I reckon there are two types of people - those who are Irish and those who want to be. Stand up and be proud!

No, there are three types of people. Those who can count and those who can't count.

This thread stinks of insecurity.

ballinaman

Quote from: Zapatista on June 08, 2010, 12:07:46 AM
Quote from: Cannonball on June 07, 2010, 10:17:51 PM
Having lived away for nearly ten years in England, France and the States, and visited 20 odd countries around the world, I reckon there are two types of people - those who are Irish and those who want to be. Stand up and be proud!

No, there are three types of people. Those who can count and those who can't count.

This thread stinks of insecurity.
Well said Zap...

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 07, 2010, 10:15:20 PM
GAA BOARD MEMBER IN "I'M NOT APOLOGETIC ABOUT BEING IRISH" SHOCKER!

I was thinking of starting this thread myself because it really is a bit sad to see the lack of respect and loyalty so many posters here have to their country. I was just looking through the GAA and General Discussion sections today and among the things being ridiculed by posters were the GAA itself, Irish language, Irish dance, Amhrán na bhFiann, Irish culture as an entity, references to the "mainland" UK and repeated partitionist statements typified by that complete b*****ks Mike Sheehy.

I dont consider you as Irish..therfore partition is the most logical way to preserve the Irishness of my country. Uniting with you would simply dilute that Irishness.

oh, and you are a stupid c**t as well. Thats another reason I dont want you in my country.

Maguire01

This thread stinks of insecurity
Couldn't agree more. It's like the loyalists and their need to fly flags and paint kerbstones.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 08, 2010, 08:02:15 AM
Couldn't agree more. It's like the loyalists and their need to fly flags and paint kerbstones.

Can't see the problem with this thread or the reasons for starting it, FAM is proud to be Irish, whats wrong with that? I certainly don't read into it that he's insecure!!
Seems to me that there's some on this board who are almost ashamed to be Irish.
Tbc....

gallsman

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 08, 2010, 02:25:17 PM

Can't see the problem with this thread or the reasons for starting it, FAM is proud to be Irish, whats wrong with that? I certainly don't read into it that he's insecure!!

I'd be ashamed to be considered what some people on the board identify as "Irish".

muppet

I am ashamed at the shame people feel about other people's shame.

Shame really.
MWWSI 2017

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: gallsman on June 08, 2010, 02:32:52 PM

I'd be ashamed to be considered what some people on the board identify as "Irish".

Care to elaborate.
Tbc....

gallsman

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 08, 2010, 03:08:29 PM
Care to elaborate.

Bigotry. Sectarianism. Small-mindedness. Xenophobia. Homophobia.

I wouldn't like to be considered with that sort of thing.

Zapatista

The opening post and the first few replies give a sense that there was a need for this thread.

I'm not ashamed to be Irsh. A man proud of being Irish would be insulted by that >:(. Luckily I'm not proud of being Irish either ;).  I just don't feel the need. Perhaps I'm a dirty Post Nationalist :-[

Quote from: gallsman on June 08, 2010, 03:11:41 PM

There are Irish people who fall into all these categories.

charlieTully

Care to elaborate.

your more into joyriding and sniffing glue.

gallsman

Quote from: charlieTully on June 08, 2010, 03:35:35 PM
Care to elaborate.

your more into joyriding and sniffing glue.

Aye, that's it.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Care to elaborate.

Gallsman those words could be used to describe any race/nation. They describe some of the worst traits in mankind and I also wouldn't like to be associated with any of them.
But and I would guess that the majority of posters on this board when they are in the "real world" would be different from their internet personas. Certainly there are some gobshites on this board, but within every large population you will get some people with the attitudes listed above, what we cannot do is let a few bad apples taint the entire barrel.
Tbc....