Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: giveherlong on August 25, 2021, 10:14:53 PM
What's the initial costs and ongoing costs of a mobile home in places such as Bundoran/Downings etc? Do you have to buy the caravan and change every so often?

Depends really can be anything from 25k up to 40k and then having to replace it in 10 years as well as paying site fees from 1.5-2 per year. Also you can only use them for 6-7months of the year.

Crazy waiting lists for the good Parks 2-3 years.

balladmaker

Quote from: Rois on August 25, 2021, 09:35:44 PM
This is by no means an atmospheric place to watch the match, and you'll have plenty of options, but I watched a game in the bar of the Westport Woods hotel and it was perfect. Enough TVs, spacious bar, and not busy. Downsides are that it's a walk out of town and would prob have kids in the bar running about.

I'd try down at the Quay - there's a big bar down there with lots of TVs and it is brilliant on a sunny evening. Not as oldey worldey as the town centre bars.

Thanks for that.  Staying in the Quay area ... just need a tv, high stool and pint of Guinness and we're sorted 😊

JohnDenver

Hopefully those who have flown recently will be able to advise the best options here regarding least amount of tests needed

Based in the north
Travelling to Spain
Double vaccinated

Fly from Belfast to Spain and home via Dublin
Fly From Belfast to Spain and home via Belfast
Fly from Dublin to Spain and home via Dublin

Based on what I've read here I am thinking the top option, Belfast to Spain and then home via Dublin and travel back north - but hoping somebody that's done it can clarify

thewobbler

Quote from: JohnDenver on September 01, 2021, 11:55:52 AM
Hopefully those who have flown recently will be able to advise the best options here regarding least amount of tests needed

Based in the north
Travelling to Spain
Double vaccinated

Based on what I've read here I am thinking the top option, Belfast to Spain and then home via Dublin and travel back north - but hoping somebody that's done it can clarify

Best option of all is to do the right and avoid unnecessary travel this year.

general

Based in the north
Travelling to Spain
Double vaccinated

I am travelling to spain in october

Belfast - Malaga (covid passport,Passenger Locator form required)
Malaga to Belfast (Covid Passport, Passenger Locator form, pre departure test + evidence of day2 test required)

Taylor

Based in the north
Travelling to Spain
Double vaccinated

I believe Rois said earlier in the thread that if you fly from Dublin & back into Dublin all you need is a Passenger Locater Form (as long as you are double vaccinated)

Mario

Quote from: screenexile on August 26, 2021, 01:27:05 AM
Quote from: giveherlong on August 25, 2021, 10:14:53 PM
What's the initial costs and ongoing costs of a mobile home in places such as Bundoran/Downings etc? Do you have to buy the caravan and change every so often?

Depends really can be anything from 25k up to 40k and then having to replace it in 10 years as well as paying site fees from 1.5-2 per year. Also you can only use them for 6-7months of the year.

Crazy waiting lists for the good Parks 2-3 years.
My Aunt bought a top of the range mobile home in 2007, think it cost near 40k. It's really nice inside and out and still in top condition. Her site are making her get a new one as 15 years are up or they will terminate her contract. They also charge a ridiculous fee to move it off the site, and on top of moving costs it's not really an option to take it somewhere else. So you are faced with the choice of buying a new one or walking away and leaving your old one to the site owner.

JoG2

Yeah, some of the larger, more popular sites eg up around the Rosguill Penninsula (South Derry by the Sea) are very sore on tennents re caravan age etc.. Hoors pull no punches. Just have a look at the letter sent to caravan owners during the Lockdown last year re increasing site fees. If they didn't like the price hike, you can do one as in their words they had a huge waiting list ready to move in.
Smaller sites like Eelburn up in Fanad would much more flexible when it comes to caravan age. Kerrykeel the same.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: thewobbler on September 01, 2021, 11:57:18 AM

Based in the north
Travelling to Spain
Double vaccinated

Best option of all is to do the right and avoid unnecessary travel this year.

concur with this, too many people trying to get round the rules thinking they don't apply to them

this board is a reflection of wider society unfortunately  ::)

Rois

Based in the north
Travelling to Spain
Double vaccinated

I flew out and in from Dublin to Geneva. No one checking tests on journey home, filled in passenger locator form correctly with northern address and mobile number.  So top option sounds good if handy. No tests. A risk worth taking if you can avoid flying back into Belfast.

I do lateral flow tests every third day. Spent pregnancy, birth and first 8/9 months of my new baby's life in lockdown. Haven't been near a pub. Not going to apologise for spending two weeks in the Alps where case numbers were a fraction of what they are here.

JohnDenver

Quote from: Rois on September 01, 2021, 03:42:31 PM

Based in the north
Travelling to Spain
Double vaccinated

I flew out and in from Dublin to Geneva. No one checking tests on journey home, filled in passenger locator form correctly with northern address and mobile number.  So top option sounds good if handy. No tests. A risk worth taking if you can avoid flying back into Belfast.

I do lateral flow tests every third day. Spent pregnancy, birth and first 8/9 months of my new baby's life in lockdown. Haven't been near a pub. Not going to apologise for spending two weeks in the Alps where case numbers were a fraction of what they are here.

Cheers Rois - exactly the type of information I was looking for.  That sounds like necessary travel to me  :)  Hopefully the journey was wobble free.

gallsman

Flew from BCN back to Belfast last Thursday. Pre departure PCR, double jabbed with European cert and passenger locator form all uploaded to Ryanair in advance. Checking in in BCN I was asked for PCR result and passenger locator form. On arrival in Belfast City, was only asked for passport. Border Force guy said they had it all already. Only way they could have had my covid cert was if airline gave it to them. Dunno if that's happening.

Same as Rois and probably a bit more extreme. My wife spent six months of pregnancy in one lockdown or another and the first year of my daughter's life was spenr without seeing any of her family except one of her grandfathers who came to visit for four days in June. He was double jabbed and quarantined for 10 days when he got home. Rules would have allowed us to come at umpteen points during the pandemic but we decided to wait it out and thought it best to wait until we were both double jabbed and there was a framework in place to enable vaccinations records to be recognised. We got home and her grandparents got to meet her two weeks before her 1st birthday. Tell me again what's unnecessary.

Also, Randox are f**king hoors. Only drop off points they have for their day 2 testing kits are in Holywood, Crumlin or Antrim. Stick one in Belfast you absolute gowls

urbangael

What are the covid requirements when travelling from Dublin to Manchester then Manchester back to Dublin 24 hrs later with RyanAir.

I'm based in teh North and have been double jabbed. Also travelling with a child under 10

screenexile

Quote from: urbangael on September 02, 2021, 03:48:49 PM
What are the covid requirements when travelling from Dublin to Manchester then Manchester back to Dublin 24 hrs later with RyanAir.

I'm based in teh North and have been double jabbed. Also travelling with a child under 10

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/ireland

Milltown Row2

Looking to go to Manchester (half term) from Belfast.... I take it there are no restrictions in terms of requiring a PCR test or lateral flow test?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea