Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

The poison in that match was a fella geting paid to take a team against his brothers and son. But sure u all ignore it as I'm just old fashioned dinosaur for being agaist paid coaches

Calm Down

You are full of so much sh!t, these teams have been at each other before this management was in situ

;)
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 04, 2021, 07:59:00 PM
The poison in that match was a fella geting paid to take a team against his brothers and son. But sure u all ignore it as I'm just old fashioned dinosaur for being agaist paid coaches

paddyjohn

Quote from: Calm Down on September 05, 2021, 07:16:59 AM
You are full of so much sh!t, these teams have been at each other before this management was in situ

;)

That fool is best ignored, ye can't teach stupid.

ck

Are you actually suggesting that he should not have coached another club outside of his own?
I think the poison you may be referring to might be more to do with the LD "discipline" he has brought to Aghagallon. All you have to do is look at their recent red card and disciplinary record. It speaks for itself.

BealnaBlath

Is there actually poison between clubs that have been in same division for last 3/4 years max or more a couple incidents throughout games?

The recent game had nothing major until last ten with what looked like one melee from the live stream?

Seems we're now happy to target a club, then an individual from said club who is now managing Aghagallon for their red cards?

Has there been any other red cards in this group in the other games?

The only poison I see is small number of posters on this board with clear agendas and hatred against officials or certain clubs/individuals. Embarrassing

whatwillbwillb

Quote from: BealnaBlath on September 06, 2021, 01:50:56 PM
Is there actually poison between clubs that have been in same division for last 3/4 years max or more a couple incidents throughout games?

The recent game had nothing major until last ten with what looked like one melee from the live stream?

Seems we're now happy to target a club, then an individual from said club who is now managing Aghagallon for their red cards?

The only poison I see is small number of posters on this board with clear agendas and hatred against officials or certain clubs/individuals. Embarrassing
You weren't there, one camera angle, no neutral umpires, I know Id try to take advantage of that all day back in the day! He was poor plain and simple not strong enough to deal with both sides period.

BealnaBlath

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on September 06, 2021, 02:05:04 PM
Quote from: BealnaBlath on September 06, 2021, 01:50:56 PM

You weren't there, one camera angle, no neutral umpires, I know Id try to take advantage of that all day back in the day! He was poor plain and simple not strong enough to deal with both sides period.

Accept that's your opinion and seems constructive if nothing else.

But I was referring to people accusing an individual in charge of Agh and his original club for several red cards over few matches.

Obvs the dynamic between their mgt and some of Lamh Dergs players adds spice to the match, but never thought would be poison between two clubs who would have hardly had much history against each other over the years?

Every club has its clown and respective teams within clubs . Disgraceful to label an individual and then tar a full club and it's members, no matter who the club is. These are the agendas and real poisonous issues that divide the county. Embarrassing.

imtommygunn

There are a couple of fairly agenda driven boys on this section now tbh and some stuff can be very personalised I find.

Incidentally if you go back to the likes of the 90s , early noughties etc and the likes of St. Paul's cargin and how it panned out then various other rivalries from various clubs the rivalries we have now are pretty healthy because there have been no court cases that I am aware of in a long time!! (Kind of a joke but also true...)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 06, 2021, 03:10:01 PM
There are a couple of fairly agenda driven boys on this section now tbh and some stuff can be very personalised I find.

Incidentally if you go back to the likes of the 90s , early noughties etc and the likes of St. Paul's cargin and how it panned out then various other rivalries from various clubs the rivalries we have now are pretty healthy because there have been no court cases that I am aware of in a long time!! (Kind of a joke but also true...)

Ah the good old knock your bollox in when the ref isn't looking days  ;D ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 06, 2021, 03:10:01 PM

I was up in Casement to watch the hurling final that day and that match preceded it. The lad I got a lift withs Da was keen on the football so we stayed to watch. I've never seen anything like it before or since and IIRC the score was something like 6 points to 5 at full time..

St Pauls had a young lad in corner forward and the shorts were either wedged up his arse or pulled down by the lad marking him....

crazy stuff.

imtommygunn

There were definitely court cases in those days - now not so many.

Jc I still mind the tv footage well too though wasn't there that day. Looked pretty mad but was par for the course for some of those games back round then.

EOC1923

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 06, 2021, 04:36:53 PM
There were definitely court cases in those days - now not so many.

Jc I still mind the tv footage well too though wasn't there that day. Looked pretty mad but was par for the course for some of those games back round then.
How this conversation has evolved back to Cargin, St Pauls or court cases is anyones guess. Your memory not great it was 0.9 - 0.5 to Cargin, a comfortable win.

imtommygunn

Wasn't my memory tbf. Some teams getting painted as very dirty - point really just that not dirty at all compared to ten or twenty years ago and wasn't specific to one team.

paddyjohn

Name me one team in the county that hasn't been involved in a melee at some age group?

It happens, it's and unfortunate part of the game.

imtommygunn