Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stillwater2

The IFC seems very open after 2 rounds of games.

A few suprise results so far.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: EOC1923 on August 18, 2021, 03:02:46 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 18, 2021, 02:01:47 PM
I think love of cluB would only  bring u that distance. Love of money will take u a shorter distance like Derry to Toome or Belfast to Aghagallon
I like James and got to admire the desire shown. On your other point I reckon 9 out of 12 division 1 teams have outsiders as such running their senior teams. Coupled along with our county senior football and hurling teams. Any reason why you named the two clubs you did? Maybe you should move with the times / Get off high horse, whichever suits.
I hear those 2 are paying big big money thats all - Know Rossa, LD , St Johns and St Galls in belfast are being run by club men. Seems to be rife in SW. About moving with times u just can't pick the rules u want to observe and the ones u want to ignore

Dreen

has your club ever paid expenses?

whatwillbwillb

Quote from: ck on August 18, 2021, 09:19:30 AM
Loughrey travelling back to play for his home club should be admired and will be by true gaels. Community and club, it's what the GAA is all about.
[/b]

Except when it comes to Casement Park!

EOC1923

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 18, 2021, 09:50:18 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on August 18, 2021, 03:02:46 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 18, 2021, 02:01:47 PM
I think love of cluB would only  bring u that distance. Love of money will take u a shorter distance like Derry to Toome or Belfast to Aghagallon
I like James and got to admire the desire shown. On your other point I reckon 9 out of 12 division 1 teams have outsiders as such running their senior teams. Coupled along with our county senior football and hurling teams. Any reason why you named the two clubs you did? Maybe you should move with the times / Get off high horse, whichever suits.
I hear those 2 are paying big big money thats all - Know Rossa, LD , St Johns and St Galls in belfast are being run by club men. Seems to be rife in SW. About moving with times u just can't pick the rules u want to observe and the ones u want to ignore
Are Gary Wallace, Gavin McGeehan and Fay Devlin St Galls club men, thats great hi

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

u seem to be in the know all the details - is your snout in the trough too?
My club has paid very basic receipted expenses to medical people ony but not the amounts of money cassidy has got in toome - rumour has it that planning permission has been knocked back for his 3rd house extension its so big! Poor fella can't get the jacuzzi built

EOC1923

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 19, 2021, 01:13:52 PM
My club has paid very basic receipted expenses to medical people ony but not the amounts of money cassidy has got in toome - rumour has it that planning permission has been knocked back for his 3rd house extension its so big! Poor fella can't get the jacuzzi built

What is your club? You talk some boll*cks!! I'm putting it down to jealousy, you are forgiven.

JimStynes

We are all rich in the SW. Need to get rid of the money somehow.

imtommygunn

I think there might be some disparity between what you think Cassidy is being paid and the actual truth too ;D

imtommygunn

there are a few fairly notorious boys who are doing the rounds in the ulster club football circuit who are delivering nothing so yeah at least Cassidy has shown his worth. I thought Cargin would drop off but it is not showing any signs of it.

Hoof Hearted

That's balls
He doesn't need a jacuzzi in his 3rd house as he already has 2 in his other houses
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

NAG1

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on August 19, 2021, 08:42:38 PM

That's balls
He doesn't need a jacuzzi in his 3rd house as he already has 2 in his other houses

Boys, when you are prepared to take money off your own club for doing it then don't be surprised when he is after what he is.
No amount of success would convince me to go near him or any of these other mercenaries.

Sportacus

One aspect i haven't noticed here in this debate is that some clubs simply can't get a coach from within.  That's a bad situation, but it can be a reality.  So they hire externally because only a small number of people could ever be bothered with all that it entails. So blanket criticism of committees for hiring paid help may not always be fair.

Sportacus

I'd be firmly against paying coaches, it's a gravy train, but trust me it is a fact that sometimes an internal candidate just isn't available, so where does a committee go then in January with lads raring to go.