Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 17, 2021, 08:26:05 PM
Jesus! Quite a leap.

There is no issue. Galls man is of the opinion that a player should not be able to transfer back to his original club if he still lives outside the county. It is not specific to James Loughrey's transfer, it is just his opinion. Albeit one that I disagree with.

I'd say fair played to him for going back to his club. It's not as if he's travelling back for the glory. What happens if a young fella moves to Dublin for work and ends up changing clubs, can he not move back to his home club at some stage down the line?

bannside

James would be 35 now, his status as an Antrim great assured a long time ago. St Brigid's had a great league campaign, their minor winning teams are maturing nicely into senior footballers, you've Paul Mc Comisky there (ex Down) and Conor McAleer (ex Fermanagh) as well as a highly rated manager.

All the ingredients for a proper tilt at the championship...the return of Loughrey could add the icing to the cake. That would have been the thinking.

Of course they are still well in with a chance of making the quarter finals. Still all to play for.

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on August 17, 2021, 10:58:34 PM
James would be 35 now, his status as an Antrim great assured a long time ago. St Brigid's had a great league campaign, their minor winning teams are maturing nicely into senior footballers, you've Paul Mc Comisky there (ex Down) and Conor McAleer (ex Fermanagh) as well as a highly rated manager.

All the ingredients for a proper tilt at the championship...the return of Loughrey could add the icing to the cake. That would have been the thinking.

Of course they are still well in with a chance of making the quarter finals. Still all to play for.
"Minor Winning teams" - no need for that low blow there Bannside

asaffgael

He's getting 15K and gets a helicopter up to training and matches..

imtommygunn

ck

Quote from: asaffgael on August 18, 2021, 08:29:30 AM
He's getting 15K and gets a helicopter up to training and matches..

Here come the clowns!

ck

Loughrey travelling back to play for his home club should be admired and will be by true gaels. Community and club, it's what the GAA is all about.

asaffgael

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 18, 2021, 08:38:48 AM
A game obviously?

Yes plus bonuses, think 5k for a goal and 1k per point. 21k for Sunday's outing, not bad

antrimman667

I'd say the big bt9 wigs contributing their fair share

Belfast GAA man

I think love of cluB would only  bring u that distance. Love of money will take u a shorter distance like Derry to Toome or Belfast to Aghagallon

armaghniac

Quote from: Thastheball on August 18, 2021, 02:40:47 PM
What do you call the manager from Tipp and Tyrone taking Antrim senior football and hurling teams? They do love a drive.

Antrim could do with someone with a bit of drive.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

EOC1923

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 18, 2021, 02:01:47 PM
I think love of cluB would only  bring u that distance. Love of money will take u a shorter distance like Derry to Toome or Belfast to Aghagallon
I like James and got to admire the desire shown. On your other point I reckon 9 out of 12 division 1 teams have outsiders as such running their senior teams. Coupled along with our county senior football and hurling teams. Any reason why you named the two clubs you did? Maybe you should move with the times / Get off high horse, whichever suits.

Calm Down

As he is nothing more than a WUM, don't give the fire oxygen

Quote from: EOC1923 on August 18, 2021, 03:02:46 PM
I like James and got to admire the desire shown. On your other point I reckon 9 out of 12 division 1 teams have outsiders as such running their senior teams. Coupled along with our county senior football and hurling teams. Any reason why you named the two clubs you did? Maybe you should move with the times / Get off high horse, whichever suits.

NatSoSaff

Quote from: Thastheball on August 18, 2021, 02:40:47 PM
What do you call the manager from Tipp and Tyrone taking Antrim senior football and hurling teams? They do love a drive.

Surely them boys are drawn to Antrim Hurling & Football out of passion for the games and the County? No?!!  :o

EOC1923

Quote from: Calm Down on August 18, 2021, 03:09:44 PM

As he is nothing more than a WUM, don't give the fire oxygen

Quote from: EOC1923 on August 18, 2021, 03:02:46 PM

Uch I know  :D