Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asaffgael

Going by Twitter Moneyglass didn't show up to Cargan game

Christmas Lights

Quote from: EOC1923 on August 10, 2021, 10:12:18 AM
Group 1
Cargin vs Moneyglass - Cargin by 10 (Depends on attitude of home team)
St Johns vs Rossa - Rossa by 1

Group 2
Portglenone vs St Brigids -  Draw

Group 3
Lamh Dhearg vs Aghagllon - Lamh Dhearg by 7
Aldergrove vs St Endas - St Endas by 8 (Cant see the logic of Aldergrove being in Senior Championship this year no offence intended, well beaten in most if not all Senior Champ games last year and currently well off the pace in Div 2

Group 4
Creggan vs St Galls - St Galls by 1 (I still think there is a puff in this St Galls team)

imtommygunn

JimStynes

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 12, 2021, 09:07:48 AM
Tight one for LD.

Aghagallon had a man sent off very early in the game too!

Calm Down

St Galls never really in the game last night, seems the Whitehill man in the middle was trying his best to keep them in it with a soft penalty and not allowing Ricky to touch Niblock in any manner

Dunsilly King

Quote from: Calm Down on August 12, 2021, 11:11:43 AM
St Galls never really in the game last night, seems the Whitehill man in the middle was trying his best to keep them in it with a soft penalty and not allowing Ricky to touch Niblock in any manner

Would agree with that, he refs like it is literally basket ball. Niblock won every ball, Ricky had of touched him with a duster the ref would have blown a free. A good start for us but we need to improve going forward. Last nights game will bring us on, along with with the other teams.

asaffgael

Anyone else feel that Rossa v st Johns jerseys are to close and someone should have to change or have an away kit?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: asaffgael on August 12, 2021, 12:38:19 PM
Anyone else feel that Rossa v st Johns jerseys are to close and someone should have to change or have an away kit?

If watching on a black and white tv or colour blind I'd say yes, I've never got mixed up and the players wouldn't lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 12, 2021, 01:09:31 PM
Quote from: asaffgael on August 12, 2021, 12:38:19 PM

If watching on a black and white tv or colour blind I'd say yes, I've never got mixed up and the players wouldn't lol

£250 Fine BUT it is up to the referee to call out the clash and report it

breakingball

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 12, 2021, 04:49:13 PM
Those clubs have played each other in jerseys of that style and colour for many decades without a problem. Let's not lose the run of ourselves because someone thought they were alike on a Facebook video stream.

Correct

Dunsilly King

What is going on in moneyglass they couldn't muster one point in the game with Cargin. I don't think I can recall in senior championship at club anyone not scoring. Like seriously.

Calm Down

From what I hear Moneyglass tried to be the big men against Whitehill but got boxed into their corner and picked up a few injuries which are yet to clear up.............out of their depth in any event

EOC1923

Quote from: Dunsilly King on August 13, 2021, 12:15:39 PM
What is going on in moneyglass they couldn't muster one point in the game with Cargin. I don't think I can recall in senior championship at club anyone not scoring. Like seriously.
Moneyglass missing a good few players from speaking to some supporters of theirs, fair enough but in all honesty in addition to the fact they are in a lower division, their tactics were dire. 14 / 15 men behind the ball the entire game, they intentionally barely crossed the halfway line. Surely better to loose 0.35 to 0.09 than 26 nil and have some sort of attempt at playing football.
This is not a dig at Moneyglass as a club they had no choice but play in the senior, but this game did nobody any good, and it was neither celebrated or mocked either I can tell you! Teams need to be placed in the proper championship.

Points a Good Score

Quote from: Calm Down on August 13, 2021, 12:42:50 PM
From what I hear Moneyglass tried to be the big men against Whitehill but got boxed into their corner and picked up a few injuries which are yet to clear up.............out of their depth in any event

Well said by the Whitehill man in the middle

themac_23

Quote from: EOC1923 on August 13, 2021, 01:01:10 PM
Quote from: Dunsilly King on August 13, 2021, 12:15:39 PM
Moneyglass missing a good few players from speaking to some supporters of theirs, fair enough but in all honesty in addition to the fact they are in a lower division, their tactics were dire. 14 / 15 men behind the ball the entire game, they intentionally barely crossed the halfway line. Surely better to loose 0.35 to 0.09 than 26 nil and have some sort of attempt at playing football.
This is not a dig at Moneyglass as a club they had no choice but play in the senior, but this game did nobody any good, and it was neither celebrated or mocked either I can tell you! Teams need to be placed in the proper championship.
They were in the proper championship, they won intermediate last year, they clearly had a good few players missing and had been intent in trying to keep it tight defensively. My problem with defensive football is when it doesn't work for the first 15 mins then you have to change because the game is over unless you do open up, I blame a management team who see that defensive is t working but continue on with it.