Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 04, 2021, 09:28:03 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on July 04, 2021, 09:17:33 PM
Sorry don't have latest list

2019?
It doesn't mention this 12 grand they are getting either.. you must have read it somewhere
a reliable source told me - its no big secret

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on July 04, 2021, 09:37:14 PM

2019?
It doesn't mention this 12 grand they are getting either.. you must have read it somewhere

Ah, that's ok then
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 04, 2021, 10:00:49 PM

2019?

Ah, that's ok then

Pure, undiluted BS, this is not the case

NAG1

2019?

I can confirm your 'reliable source' if full of sh*t, as are you coming on here and spouting such nonsense which I suspect you know is rubbish.

Calm Down

Not to pick an argument here BS, however we have had a club scene for the majority of players over the last few months, we should not ignore the grassroots which has men, woman and children out on our pitches almost every night

Quote from: bannside on July 04, 2021, 08:55:00 PM
The good thing though is we made a few friends amongst the neutrals, and despite shipping 4-15 I don't think Pat Spillane will be having his annual rant. First half 9/10 as good a 35 mins as I've seen for a long time.

Second half 3/10. We ran out of steam, fresh legs obviously needed, changes too slow to happen. Why was Ryan Murray taken off, that was a very strange call as he was still going strong! Was that decision made before the game? Sweeney looked good, Conor Small too when introduced. But too little too late, so many were flagging at that point.

A lot of boys died out there with their boots on. Some great individual performances and if we manage to tweak our defensive policy a bit we can make proper progress next year.

Bring on the club scene now.

bannside

Spike

Yesterday was a very encouraging display, we did a lot of good things and for long periods looked very capable of going toe to toe.  Mistakes were punished and I suppose that's the difference in the grades where these 2 teams operate in.   Physically I thought Antrim looked competitive (hurlers also this year) so we are getting there. As BS said, defensive tweaks needed but a lot of intelligence displayed by Antrim.  Belief understandably waned once Armagh bagged a couple of goals but a very encouraging performance in the main.

We cannot stand still.  Hopefully they will get a proper pre-season next year.  The full panel need to buy in for next year, understand its the beginning of the rise and the work starts today. 

Calm Down

To the point I think BS was trying to make, do we know when Club Championship will begin?

Dunsilly King

Quote from: Calm Down on July 05, 2021, 11:00:48 AM
To the point I think BS was trying to make, do we know when Club Championship will begin?

Think its around mid August.

A good first half yesterday, as already pointed out the seriously stupid mistake for the second gl made it impossible and the game just ran out. Promotion achieved, well done, thank god to get out of that division. Some positives yesterday, especially the first half. How a few players remained on the pitch was puzzling, thats all I will say on that matter. Our conditioning needs to improve and hopefully expect it will. It also highlights how crap our previous conditioning was under the previous management as these lads are more or less starting from scratch this year. Big league campaign needed this incoming season, a few changes needed as well to personnel to improve the team. The players are there to improve. Pity Fity wouldn't commit, serious loss. However lets concentrate on who is there. there's definitely a good spirit there and thats key to continued progression

Milltown Row2

I'm not going to have a dig at previous managements as where do I stop? Seeing we've been down so long...

Strength and conditioning and getting to a level is a joint thing. Players at county level regardless of the grade they are in should be looking at what can improve their strength core and conditioning...

I could print off a program but if a player only goes half assed at it then it's the players fault.

I'd say in the last ten years or more there has been strength and conditioning coaches on board. The main problem was the execution of the program. And that's 70/30 thing, players have to take responsibility of how they look after themselves.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: NAG1 on July 05, 2021, 09:44:03 AM

2019?

I can confirm your 'reliable source' if full of sh*t, as are you coming on here and spouting such nonsense which I suspect you know is rubbish.
Full of s?
Ok so u have to do the following on the elite panel
- higher level of fitness than bog standard club ref
- attend weekly reviews in peak season
- referee in front of thousands
- shuttle up and down to croke
I've no objection to these guys getting 1k s month just expect better performances . For those who think they get nothing extra , Lagan bubble as they say in belfast

BigBallWeeBall

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 05, 2021, 03:16:59 PM
I'm not going to have a dig at previous managements as where do I stop? Seeing we've been down so long...

Strength and conditioning and getting to a level is a joint thing. Players at county level regardless of the grade they are in should be looking at what can improve their strength core and conditioning...

I could print off a program but if a player only goes half assed at it then it's the players fault.

I'd say in the last ten years or more there has been strength and conditioning coaches on board. The main problem was the execution of the program. And that's 70/30 thing, players have to take responsibility of how they look after themselves.
Same goes for referees

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on July 05, 2021, 05:57:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 05, 2021, 03:16:59 PM

Same goes for referees

We can talk about referees or we can talk about the subject?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on July 05, 2021, 04:57:30 PM

2019?

Full of s?
I've no objection to these guys getting 1k s month just expect better performances . For those who think they get nothing extra , Lagan bubble as they say in belfast

So, do you have a list or even a reliable link to this information? I'm curious to see who these elite refs are .. so 8 football 8 hurling? Do they get paid 1k per month on top of their expenses?

delgany

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 05, 2021, 07:33:36 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on July 05, 2021, 04:57:30 PM

2019?

Full of s?

So, do you have a list or even a reliable link to this information? I'm curious to see who these elite refs are .. so 8 football 8 hurling? Do they get paid 1k per month on top of their expenses?