Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delgany

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 03, 2021, 07:56:46 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on July 03, 2021, 07:11:28 PM
is their promotion in divs 2 and 3 this year?

Saffron Gael had a great piece on Tir Na Og winning the league. One team goes up

Div3 had semi finals today for top 4 teams.
Pearses pulled off a big win over Antrim( who were unbeaten)
Rasharkin beat Lisburn by 1 pt.

Pearses v Rasharkin on Wed evening, winner promoted

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: delgany on July 03, 2021, 08:13:13 PM

Saffron Gael had a great piece on Tir Na Og winning the league. One team goes up

the culchies will win that one id say

delgany

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on July 03, 2021, 08:22:54 PM
Quote from: delgany on July 03, 2021, 08:13:13 PM

the culchies will win that one id say

Be tight ...pearses won league game at cricky by 2

bannside

Surprised that there is absolutely no chat at all on here about our big game today against Armagh. I'm heading down with one wish, that our pride is still intact after the game....anything more than that is a bonus. Good luck to everyone involved.

Flanker

Quote from: bannside on July 04, 2021, 09:11:32 AM
Surprised that there is absolutely no chat at all on here about our big game today against Armagh. I'm heading down with one wish, that our pride is still intact after the game....anything more than that is a bonus. Good luck to everyone involved.

Bannside I think there is serious apprehension. Although we achieved objective of promotion from Div 4 conceding big scores would be a big concern. When you consider the tanking Sligo took as well. Armagh have been grinding forward slowly over the last few years and now have a few quality forwards. On our side we have only 5 starters from Cavan game and 4 from the qualifier the previous year against kildare I think. There will be a big gap in physical conditioning and Armagh's forwards will cause huge problems for a less than convincing defence. I sense concern in your post.

JimStynes

Win win for Aghagallon today

bannside

I've expressed concerns over our shoot the lights out policy and it was taken up by some as unjustified criticism. I like forwards who can attack but expect them to do their defensive duties first and foremost. I've seen all games this year to date and have fears that we need to improve our defensive thinking. Will be interested to see today if there is any movement in that regard.

It's 15 v 15 and you would hope we can deliver a competitive account of ourselves. Everyone will be happy with that.

bannside

Very positive at half time here. Every player busting a gut and do far so good. Defensively sound to date and controlling our share of the game. Come on Saffrons, need a good start to second half.

BrendanAntrim

We were well in this for 3/4 of the game. Scoreline unfair on Antrim but mistakes get punished. Loads to build on for Div 3 campaign next year

JimStynes

Ran out of steam in the end.

StPatsAbu

Referee should be wearing an Armagh jersey ffs

RedHand88

Quote from: StPatsAbu on July 04, 2021, 05:07:32 PM
Referee should be wearing an Armagh jersey ffs

13 points loss. There's no referee saving that.

JimStynes

They looked exhausted there at the end. Nothing to do with the referee. Overall a good season though.

BrendanAntrim

A different ref wouldn't have changed the outcome, but he gave Armagh some very soft frees and very questionable decisions when our lads getting fouled. Plus the over carrying rule only applied to one team.

JimStynes

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on July 04, 2021, 05:46:52 PM
A different ref wouldn't have changed the outcome, but he gave Armagh some very soft frees and very questionable decisions when our lads getting fouled. Plus the over carrying rule only applied to one team.
A couple of very harsh ones in the first half especially