Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 3414742 times)

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #21180 on: July 06, 2021, 09:43:24 PM »
Oh itís got bitchy! How much do U experts think the elite panel coin in then? Since Iím a spoofer

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #21181 on: July 06, 2021, 10:09:08 PM »
If Hurson is one, too much.

whatwillbwillb

• View Profile
« Reply #21182 on: July 07, 2021, 05:48:03 AM »
You don't apply for the elite panel of Referees, you are selected to go forward, initially to your Provincial Panel then to the National panel which then selects its panel for the championship " Elite", never liked that word!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 05:57:02 AM by whatwillbwillb »

Calm Down

• View Profile
« Reply #21183 on: July 07, 2021, 08:24:31 AM »
Ok so lets work on your logic, these guys get 12k per annum i.e. that is £1k per month, however what does not stack up for me is that the 'Elite' i.e. the Championship panel for refs is not named until one month before the Championship, so with a Championship season of 3/4 months these guys are actually getting somewhere between 3/4k a month..........nice work if you can get it or is the Championship panel that pre-determined that it is a open secret all year round?

Also as MR2 has stated, even if they were getting £1k per month and say in the like of David Gough who could be in Cork one week, Donegal the next week and Mayo the next week on top of all these clandestine meetings you speak off, all of a sudden £1k does not seem like a lot of money. I know my car doesn't run on air, however who knows with yours Belfast GAA man.

On top of that look at the abuse Owens is taking for his error in the Tipp game, do you think the few crumbs left over after genuine expenses would pay a man to be abused by people like you never mind travel the country missing out on family events, not seeing their kids for full Saturdays or Sundays is the reason they ref, no, in my opinion like players they ref because they love the game and it is in their blood. By the way the love of the game is as strong for me for our average club ref who say gives up his evening to go out and do say Aggies v Eir Og, and don't even give me nonsense about expenses there as I doubt they are anywhere near £1K a year never mind month.

Anyway, are you a Spoofer? Who knows, however you certainly do a good impression of one.

Oh itís got bitchy! How much do U experts think the elite panel coin in then? Since Iím a spoofer

Rodger Mona

• View Profile
« Reply #21184 on: July 08, 2021, 12:30:05 PM »
Leagues are wrapped up now and was great to see the games back again after a long lockdown. Anyone found out anything out of the ordinary after watching the games? St.Brigids and Rossa gave the leagues a fair go so will be interesting to see if that can continue!

Championship will be interesting as again no one can really use the league to base form on!

NatSoSaff

• View Profile
« Reply #21185 on: July 08, 2021, 04:38:11 PM »
St.Brigids gave a decent enough stab at it though still came up short against a much depleted Cargin side a week or two back and I dont expect much more from them in championship to what they've shown in the league. Rossa have the potential to cause an upset once the knockout stages arrive so that will be interesting. However, the form and condition of the lamh dhearg county men for me are what is going to make this battle very interesting this year. I see only Creggan alongside Cargin and the Lamhs getting anywhere near the big one, everyone else is streaks behind this season I'm afraid. Nothing new then  ::)  PG1 seem to have taken a backward step which is a shame as they looked like they were building a legitimate assault the last couple of seasons.

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #21186 on: July 08, 2021, 04:55:21 PM »
Ok so lets work on your logic, these guys get 12k per annum i.e. that is £1k per month, however what does not stack up for me is that the 'Elite' i.e. the Championship panel for refs is not named until one month before the Championship, so with a Championship season of 3/4 months these guys are actually getting somewhere between 3/4k a month..........nice work if you can get it or is the Championship panel that pre-determined that it is a open secret all year round?

Also as MR2 has stated, even if they were getting £1k per month and say in the like of David Gough who could be in Cork one week, Donegal the next week and Mayo the next week on top of all these clandestine meetings you speak off, all of a sudden £1k does not seem like a lot of money. I know my car doesn't run on air, however who knows with yours Belfast GAA man.

On top of that look at the abuse Owens is taking for his error in the Tipp game, do you think the few crumbs left over after genuine expenses would pay a man to be abused by people like you never mind travel the country missing out on family events, not seeing their kids for full Saturdays or Sundays is the reason they ref, no, in my opinion like players they ref because they love the game and it is in their blood. By the way the love of the game is as strong for me for our average club ref who say gives up his evening to go out and do say Aggies v Eir Og, and don't even give me nonsense about expenses there as I doubt they are anywhere near £1K a year never mind month.

Anyway, are you a Spoofer? Who knows, however you certainly do a good impression of one.

Abused by people like me? i said they are entitled to 12k a year and we are entitleD to good refereeing. I am a fat fingered typist but have no doubt, David Gough, who you mentioned, in a normal years gets 12k in paymetn and expenses - Calm down lad

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #21187 on: July 09, 2021, 09:29:08 AM »
Such a shame about PG1. Have gone backwards at such a high speed too. Can't see them getting out of their group this year will be lucky to win a match.

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #21188 on: July 09, 2021, 10:02:18 AM »
dont write off st johns and rosa - saw both and looked strong - what are the groups?

BrendanAntrim

• View Profile
« Reply #21189 on: July 09, 2021, 12:33:12 PM »
Such a shame about PG1. Have gone backwards at such a high speed too. Can't see them getting out of their group this year will be lucky to win a match.

Nice one Bannside!

EOC1923

• View Profile
« Reply #21190 on: July 10, 2021, 09:44:11 AM »
The new Antrim PRO seems a little less clued in than the previous one

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #21191 on: July 10, 2021, 10:22:25 AM »
now now - the last one was putting 40 hours plus - unrealistic to expect next one to do same as a volunteer

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #21192 on: July 10, 2021, 01:40:21 PM »

Was never going to live up to the expectations considering the work Sean put in.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 01:15:31 PM by JimStynes »

Caesar

• View Profile
« Reply #21193 on: July 14, 2021, 09:19:18 AM »
Sean Kelly done a phenomenal job as PRO. He set the standard so high that whoever followed was always going to struggle to match.

Agree that Cargin, Creggan and LD are in pole position for this years championship. Anyone else would be a major upset

NatSoSaff

• View Profile
« Reply #21194 on: July 14, 2021, 04:52:49 PM »

The timbering you boys gave the Gorts last week is doing some job papering over those cracks bs  8)