Cloughmills vs Cushendun - DRAW

Junior
Davitts vs Lamh Dhearg - Lamh Dhearg by 7
Ballymena vs Rasharkin - Rasharkin by 5
St Teresa's vs Loch Mor dCais - St Teresa's by 8
Glenarm vs Glenravel - Glenarm by 10+

johnnycool

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 26, 2021, 08:04:07 AM
I think the games to training ratio at all levels in the GAA is something we need to consider but as Milltown says, for our kids it is the biggest barrier. Kids are being offered 6 or 7 competitive games in a year. Yet the soccer club up the road is able to provide a game every week for about 30 weeks on the trot for A, B and C teams.
Only for families rooted in clubs we'd be daffy ducked.

we looked at the games thing four or five years ago and decided we didn't have enough games or variety of teams for our underage teams so we went and asked to get invited to every tournament going and run a few ourselves..

We were in Owenbeg a few Saturday mornings, North Antrim on a Sunday morning and then tournaments in Dungannon, Screen, and anyone going in Belfast we could get to as well as some in Dublin, heck we even had an U10 team in Ballyragget for the weekend.

If there's a will there's a way.

Covid has put the dampeners on everything but we hope to get back at it in the next year or so.

imtommygunn

You're very active down there I find Jc. I would know a coach and parents of kids down that way well and they seem flat out running to matches. I remember, though I was a footballer, less than a handful of u10 games and not too many under 12 as there were no south west Antrim under 12 in those days. 

breakingball

Senior
St Endas vs Rossa - Rossa by 10
Ballycastle vs Loughgiel - Loughgiel by 10
Cushendall vs St Johns - Cushendall by 6
Randlestown vs Dunloy - Dunloy by 20

Intermediate
Ahoghill vs Gort Na Mona - Ahoghill by 10
Carey vs St Galls -  St Galls by 3
Glenariffe vs Armoy - Glenariffe by 10
Sarsfields vs St Paul's - Sarsfields by 6
Cloughmills vs Cushendun - Cushendun by 3

Junior
Davitts vs Lamh Dhearg - Lamh Dhearg by 10
Ballymena vs Rasharkin - Rasharkin by 10
St Teresa's vs Loch Mor dCais - St Teresa's by 3
Glenarm vs Glenravel - Glenarm by 10

saffman

Senior
St Endas vs Rossa - Rossa by 6
Ballycastle vs Loughgiel - Loughgiel by 12
Cushendall vs St Johns - Cushendall by 8
Randlestown vs Dunloy - Dunloy by 20

Intermediate
Ahoghill vs Gort Na Mona - Ahoghill by 10
Carey vs St Galls -  St Galls by 2
Glenariffe vs Armoy - Glenariffe by 15
Sarsfields vs St Paul's - Sarsfields by 10
Cloughmills vs Cushendun - Cushendun by 3

Junior
Davitts vs Lamh Dhearg - Lamh Dhearg by 10
Ballymena vs Rasharkin - Rasharkin by 8
St Teresa's vs Loch Mor dCais - St Teresa's by 8
Glenarm vs Glenravel - Glenarm by 8

imtommygunn

Nearly a clean sweep bar the Carey win.  Surprised how easy cushendall beat St. John's. Massive difference between intermediate and senior shown again.

Great win for the camogiers who are going well too.

paddyjohn

Sad news coming out of the city this morning.

RIP Sean McGuinness, a mighty man and a complete gent.

imtommygunn

Very sad. Did some great things.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 30, 2021, 01:34:35 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on August 30, 2021, 01:33:58 PM

To echo what's been said, a hurling man to the core, was speaking to one of the sons on Saturday and it wasn't looking good, condolences to the family and his extended family at Sarsfields. Will be one voice I'll miss giving me some abuse!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 30, 2021, 03:36:52 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on August 30, 2021, 01:33:58 PM

To echo what's been said, a hurling man to the core, was speaking to one of the sons on Saturday and it wasn't looking good, condolences to the family and his extended family at Sarsfields. Will be one voice I'll miss giving me some abuse!!

Sad news..

Used to travel with Sean to county training in my university days.. Some man for a story and was some craic but was always the boss..

Never forget the night I'd got into his car after we'd been beaten by Tipp in a NHL game in Thurles and he'd obviously gotten wind of most of the team being in the nightclub behind Hays hotel the night before..
My ears were ringing that night and one of the worse training sessions followed I'd ever had.

Condolences to the McGuinness family but they can be very proud of him, a man of his word.

Saffrongael

I thought there might have been some reference to Sean's passing on the Antrim Twitter account but not a word on it
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

imtommygunn

It was on their facebook account.

Saffrongael

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 31, 2021, 12:13:36 PM
It was on their facebook account.

I'm not on Facebook so didn't see it
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

ck

Quote from: Tyrdub on August 25, 2021, 03:32:21 PM
Quote from: ck on August 25, 2021, 01:10:23 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on July 22, 2021, 01:06:05 PM
It is great to see another club wanting to grow, but is there not a wider question needing to be asked when we are seeing more and more clubs amalgamating up through the ages groups. Clubs that would be considered to be well established clubs and cant even get 15 of their own kids out to field a team?

does this not exacerbate this specific situation even further?

The work is just not being done at underage to keep young people interested. Based on the Belfast population alone there should be far more clubs, not less.

Then why are there so many amalgamated clubs at underage level?

It's the lazy solution. The work is not being done at underage to keep them involved so they lose them. Then they amalgamate to field teams. It's shameful and rarely called out as it is. The schools and population is there!

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Was sorry to hear this news. Good memories of the late 80s and early 90s when the Ulster Hurling Championship returned and gave us some great games and really grabbed attention for a while. McGuinness was a big part of that. Thoughts with his family.