AIF 2021 -- Maigh Eo vs Tír Eoghain

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 28, 2021, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayop

Am I dreaming or did one of the commentators or pundits in the mayo Dublin game not say something about O'Shea having only scored a couple of points in all his games against Dublin??

highorlow

QuoteCillian O'Connor and Aidan O'Shea are the Mayo heroes. Sure they may as well have carried the team past Dublin by themselves.

They should do like the World Cup and have Kerry v Dublin play a curtain raiser for the final for the 3rd place spot.

Shur open a thread there buck on that and have a good chat to yourself. Clown .
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jayop on August 30, 2021, 11:46:52 PM
Am I dreaming or did one of the commentators or pundits in the mayo Dublin game not say something about O'Shea having only scored a couple of points in all his games against Dublin??

There is such a queue of prolific scorers v Dublin in championship the last decade, it's quiet surprising how poor he has been. I mean i can think of at least one over that period.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 30, 2021, 11:09:00 PM
Cillian O'Connor and Aidan O'Shea are the Mayo heroes. Sure they may as well have carried the team past Dublin by themselves.

If it's not Monaghan you're obsessed with, it's Mayo. Moron.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 30, 2021, 11:09:00 PM
Cillian O'Connor and Aidan O'Shea are the Mayo heroes. Sure they may as well have carried the team past Dublin by themselves.

Will never truly understand the disdain some of ye have for them two bucks . Cillian takes no shit and refuses to ever be bullied on the pitch, for some reason that gets to some . Aido I dunno,  hes never been described as a dirty player , it must be the media profile he has that gets to some .

Either way they owe Mayo nothing , gave it their all and will do so again. 
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

rrhf

I think that O Shea is due a big game in the final. A player of his status does not underperform to that level 2 games in a row.  You could see a Canavan role ala 03 captaincy. On off and on again to see it out.  Mayo just might have that up their sleeves. They nearly done it in the semi final but they froze when it came to bringing him on again... 

rrhf

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 28, 2021, 10:04:40 PM
Wife due to give birth to a boy the week after the final. We still don't have a name.

Theres an opening there if anyone wants to be a hero on September 11th!

Dazzler it is then..

thewobbler

Quote from: rrhf on August 31, 2021, 09:39:35 AM
I think that O Shea is due a big game in the final. A player of his status does not underperform to that level 2 games in a row.  You could see a Canavan role ala 03 captaincy. On off and on again to see it out.  Mayo just might have that up their sleeves. They nearly done it in the semi final but they froze when it came to bringing him on again...

If Horan had any doubts about playing O'Shea, they'd have been thoroughly extinguished when watching Tyrone's midfield get decimated in the semi-final. Aidan wouldn't quite have David Moran's aerial ability, but his hands and physical presence in that sector will be more than anything Tyrone can throw at him. I'd expect O'Shea will play the full match between the 65s, with DOC going to 11 to counterbalance McGeary's insane running, and Loftus going to wing forward.

redzone

Quote from: rrhf on August 31, 2021, 09:42:47 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 28, 2021, 10:04:40 PM
Wife due to give birth to a boy the week after the final. We still don't have a name.

Theres an opening there if anyone wants to be a hero on September 11th!

Dazzler it is then..
If I know Dazzler.....

iorras

Tyone have lads in their dressing room who know what its like to win a senior all ireland medal, mayo do not. Will that have any influence on things on the day?

rrhf

Wont matter, all lessons have been learned. both teams have played poorly in all ireland finals in the last 3/4 years. All players have had that empty feeling of leaving it behind,  all players will know what they need to do personally to perform at their best.
and then you have the likes of Keegan, Mc Geary (my player of the year) who just get stuck and never leave it behind them.
its 50/50 no matter what way I look at it and there hasn't been a final on this type of knife edge since 2012.   

thewobbler

Quote from: iorras on August 31, 2021, 10:15:36 AM
Tyone have lads in their dressing room who know what its like to win a senior all ireland medal, mayo do not. Will that have any influence on things on the day?

I'm probably being unnecessarily twisty here. But do you think Mayo would have a better chance of winning an AI if Horan invited Kevin Walsh and Padraic Joyce into the fold for the next fortnight? Or is maybe being a great player in a great team, of no benefit as a manager?

yellowcard

Quote from: Tubberman on August 30, 2021, 10:46:07 PM
Quote from: hoynevalley on August 30, 2021, 10:27:07 PM
David Brady reckons Cillian O'Connor could make appearance off the bench. Cillian deserves to be on pitch when Mayo win their All Ireland.

Brady says a lot of things. It won't happen.

He was right about Cluxton before the media got wind of it. The AI final will be decided on fine margins. If O'Connor was even fit for 10 minutes at the end of the match then Mayo would be foolish not to consider putting him on the bench.   

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/kevin-mcstay-did-kerry-expect-tyrone-to-line-up-as-they-had-in-killarney-1.4659937

Tyrone are so comfortable on the ball. Is there a better support running team? Their conditioning is clearly superb. The Covid illness was not a factor. They got stronger in extra-time. Their one big worry is that they were destroyed on the kick out. Their saving grace was the turnover count.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

larryin89

Quote from: yellowcard on August 31, 2021, 10:57:38 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 30, 2021, 10:46:07 PM
Quote from: hoynevalley on August 30, 2021, 10:27:07 PM
David Brady reckons Cillian O'Connor could make appearance off the bench. Cillian deserves to be on pitch when Mayo win their All Ireland.

Brady says a lot of things. It won't happen.

He was right about Cluxton before the media got wind of it. The AI final will be decided on fine margins. If O'Connor was even fit for 10 minutes at the end of the match then Mayo would be foolish not to consider putting him on the bench.

I'd hazard a guess tubberman knows better  than brady where cillian is up to .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .