Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2021, 09:39:15 AM
Be interesting to see the intensity these Covid players, that play, bring to the game and how long they can keep it up.

Friend of mine was saying a girl mid thirties she works with, who plays GAA and netball had caught Covid and the only way she can breath is standing up, she says it's like drowning, was anti vaccine.

Hopefully the team doctors/coach  put these lads through a rigorous fitness test to see if they are able to last a game. Player welfare should be top of their agenda
That, I'm afraid, is the problem and I don't think Tyrone have a hope iin hell of winning or even coming close.
Nothing personal here but I did have the virus and I know how much it can take out of anyone unfortunate to be caught by the little bastard.
The actual infection was unpleasant but the recovery period lasted weeks.I spent Easter weekend of last year in hospital. I was there only three days but, even to this day, I wouldnt say I have 100% recovered.
Even if they got a month's postponement I could see a Covid victim being fit enough to play any football never mind an AI semi.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

yellowcard

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 18, 2021, 11:29:58 AM
Be interesting to see the intensity these Covid players, that play, bring to the game and how long they can keep it up.

Friend of mine was saying a girl mid thirties she works with, who plays GAA and netball had caught Covid and the only way she can breath is standing up, she says it's like drowning, was anti vaccine.

Hopefully the team doctors/coach  put these lads through a rigorous fitness test to see if they are able to last a game. Player welfare should be top of their agenda
That, I'm afraid, is the problem and I don't think Tyrone have a hope iin hell of winning or even coming close.
Nothing personal here but I did have the virus and I know how much it can take out of anyone unfortunate to be caught by the little bastard.
The actual infection was unpleasant but the recovery period lasted weeks.I spent Easter weekend of last year in hospital. I was there only three days but, even to this day, I wouldnt say I have 100% recovered.
Even if they got a month's postponement I could see a Covid victim being fit enough to play any football never mind an AI semi.

My biggest fear for Tyrone is that the result could get very nasty. We know what that Kerry forward line are capable of doing if given time and space and if the lingering effects of Covid are still being felt by some players then this could quite easily be a double digit defeat.   

Armagh18

Yeah it's a strange one. Then you hear of people getting it and being totally fine or at worst feel as though they've had a cold. Genuinely hope all the Tyrone players affected or as many as possible are back to full fitness by the time the game is played.

Wildweasel74

Most important match up is who is on the older Clifford, he the guy making the big difference this year. Tyrone Midfield will suit Kerry, 4 big lads contesting balls, not taking advae that Moran has slowed down mobility wise.

Armagh18

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 18, 2021, 12:20:32 PM
Most important match up is who is on the older Clifford, he the guy making the big difference this year. Tyrone Midfield will suit Kerry, 4 big lads contesting balls, not taking advae that Moran has slowed down mobility wise.
I'd say Keegan or Oisin Mullin if he's back.

Sorry couldn't resist. Probably McKernan from Tyrone will get that job?

Corkscrew

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 18, 2021, 11:06:51 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 17, 2021, 10:43:13 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 17, 2021, 10:17:08 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 17, 2021, 10:13:30 PM
So, who's marking David Clifford, the other Clifford and Sean O'Shea?
I'd go hampsey, Meyler, Mcnamee...

I'd say Meyler will pick up O'Shea, Hampsey on Clifford and McNamee or possibly Mckernan on the other one. I actually think we have got decent match ups for these lads.

Who is going to pick up McCurry, McShane, Donnelly and Canavan?

Never mind McShane or McCurry.

Whos going to track Morgan?

Gavin White will put him back in his box.

Captain Obvious

I'd say Meyler will pick up O'Shea, Hampsey on Clifford and McNamee or possibly Mckernan on the other one. I actually think we have got decent match ups for these lads.

Did anyone keep track on how many scores he gifted to Kerry in the last meeting?

tyrone08

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 18, 2021, 01:36:09 PM

Did anyone keep track on how many scores he gifted to Kerry in the last meeting?

Exactly. If tyrone try this tactic again then it will end in tears. Kerry have shown the intelligence to lob him previously.

BennyHarp

Who are the main man markers for kerry in defence? Back in the noughties they had Thomas and Mark o'Se, McCarthy, Moynihan, o'Mahony etc who were all big game players who would have been feared by opposition forwards. I've heard a lot of talk about Kerry's front men but has their defence been tested at all yet, bar the opening few mins v Cork?
That was never a square ball!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Fair point, however, would be hoping that these younger lads (no offence) will be a little more resilient where this cursed affliction's concerned, and not subject to quite as much of the not inconsiderable after-effects.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

trueblue1234

Haven't been down in Dublin since the start of Covid. Any good options for hotels with a decent bar to save heading out anywhere else after the match. Normally do Skylon but don't mind if it's close to CP or city centre. Advice welcome?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 18, 2021, 11:30:27 PM
Haven't been down in Dublin since the start of Covid. Any good options for hotels with a decent bar to save heading out anywhere else after the match. Normally do Skylon but don't mind if it's close to CP or city centre. Advice welcome?

Always hit Meaghers Pub, best craic, I'll be there on Sunday for the hurling
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2021, 11:42:35 PM

Yeah used to go there. But I'm kind of thinking how to keep things simple given current circumstances. Don't really want to get into booking tables in pubs or doing the usual pub crawls etc. Be good to just go back to bar in the hotel afterwards.
Do you have to book tables for pubs in Dublin at the minute or what's current regulations?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 18, 2021, 11:49:31 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2021, 11:42:35 PM

Yeah used to go there. But I'm kind of thinking how to keep things simple given current circumstances. Don't really want to get into booking tables in pubs or doing the usual pub crawls etc. Be good to just go back to bar in the hotel afterwards.
Do you have to book tables for pubs in Dublin at the minute or what's current regulations?

Was in Carlingford for couple of days, one bar key us in without asking for vaccine card other did, Meaghers Pub has outside part
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

highorlow

QuoteHaven't been down in Dublin since the start of Covid. Any good options for hotels with a decent bar to save heading out anywhere else after the match. Normally do Skylon but don't mind if it's close to CP or city centre. Advice welcome?

Harcourt Hotel. LUAS then gets you to Connolly station, you know where you are then
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go