Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 08, 2023, 10:14:47 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on November 08, 2023, 10:08:06 PM
Quote from: trailer on November 08, 2023, 10:02:50 PMEtH doesn't appear to know what he's doing. Strange decisions.

A lot of the players not good enough. 3-2 ahead should be holding on for at least a draw. How poor was the defending especially from Maguire.

3-2up why did wan bissaka fucing fire a bullet volley back pass to onana to give away a corner leading to the equaliser. Just one example of the pure dung and dumb defending

AWB is that bad Palace wouldn't take him back.

Cunny Funt

Pure chaos to not get at least a draw out of that game. Yes Copenhagen had the man advantage for an hour but once United was 3-2 ahead 82 minutes played they should not be losing from that position yet did from dreadful defending.

Champions league campaign will be officially ended in Turkey in a couple of weeks and TBH a group of players lacking leadership and can't defend have no business going any further.

gawa316

How come Varane is not starting over Maguire and Evans? Has he not been on the bench for the last few games?

That Rashford red was not too dissimilar to the Jones one against Spurs, where he was trying to get the foot over and shield the ball

snoopdog

What was the justification for starting rashford? Ten hag is as much to blame for sticking with guys who don't look like they give a shit. To not get out of that group is a sackable offence.

AustinPowers

Only seen the last  20 minutes, and I felt absolutely no disappointment  seeing Copenhagen 's goals fly in. I really have  come to detest the champions league . 

United are  better off out of it.  The squad isn't good enough to sustain  multiple competitions.  Focus on the PL and  get some sort of consistency there , before it  goes tits up , and Walter White is  on his way

Ghost

A lot of Utd's players just aren't good enough. Some of the defending for the 3rd and 4th goals was comical.

Would love to know what the reasoning behind buying Mount was. I'm sure it wasn't to come on for the last 10 mins effectively playing as a striker. You also have Antony on the bench cost £85m who's stunk the place out so badly recently he couldn't possibly have been brought on. That's £140m worth warming the bench when you have to start these games with Jonny f**king evans. The recruitment has been shocking. Consistently signing the wrong players at the wrong price.

I'm already picturing the weekends headlines about a fairytale Luton victory.

J70

Quote from: snoopdog on November 08, 2023, 09:11:51 PMDeserved red card. What looked like a comfortable win now looks like they will concede another few. Typical utd this alst 10 years.

Just saw it.

Couldn't believe it after hearing all the crying about it!

That's a red every day of the week!

Armagh18

Quote from: gawa316 on November 08, 2023, 10:38:06 PMHow come Varane is not starting over Maguire and Evans? Has he not been on the bench for the last few games?

That Rashford red was not too dissimilar to the Jones one against Spurs, where he was trying to get the foot over and shield the ball
Cause he's abit shite?

Armagh18

Quote from: Ghost on November 08, 2023, 10:51:56 PMA lot of Utd's players just aren't good enough. Some of the defending for the 3rd and 4th goals was comical.

Would love to know what the reasoning behind buying Mount was. I'm sure it wasn't to come on for the last 10 mins effectively playing as a striker. You also have Antony on the bench cost £85m who's stunk the place out so badly recently he couldn't possibly have been brought on. That's £140m worth warming the bench when you have to start these games with Jonny f**king evans. The recruitment has been shocking. Consistently signing the wrong players at the wrong price.

I'm already picturing the weekends headlines about a fairytale Luton victory.
Would it even be a fairy tale at this stage? Not too many would be that surprised at it tbh.

gawa316

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 08, 2023, 11:20:29 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on November 08, 2023, 10:38:06 PMHow come Varane is not starting over Maguire and Evans? Has he not been on the bench for the last few games?

Cause he's abit shite?

More shite than Maguire and a 35 old Evans??

Ed Ricketts

Whatever about which two duds United decide to name at centre back for any given match, it's beyond mental that the club haven't managed to acquire a decent full back in well over a decade.

The two lads tonight are so painfully out of their depth at CL level. They're both 90% players. Look grand most of the time, and might even do several good things, but the other 10% is brain fart time. Brain farts that cost goals and lose games.

And unfortunately, United are full of similarly flakey boys. That's why there's no spine nor identity to this team - it's missing anything resembling a reliable, consistent core that maintains and drives standards. Putting that in place will take years. There are no short cuts - the club tried that with Varane and Casemiro and it's only made things worse. Everything is a mess.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Armagh18

Just seen the red card there. Jesus I don't like Rashford but never in a million years. Never a United penalty either imo. VAR needs gone

jcpen

Think it was completely different to the Jones challenge to be honest. That last night was a pretty obvious red card imo.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Wee Barky

Was mount carrying a knock last night or does ten hag simply not rate his big summer signing any longer ?

smort

Quote from: Wee Barky on November 09, 2023, 07:26:24 AMWas mount carrying a knock last night or does ten hag simply not rate his big summer signing any longer ?

I think the only position he could be trusted in is behind the striker, and that's Brunos role