China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Yeah I would tend to agree. It means you don't have to get vaccinated if you're against it or if you have medical reasons for it but you have to compromise with regular testing. That is fair enough.

BennyCake

Quote from: TabClear on April 23, 2021, 09:28:43 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 23, 2021, 08:53:30 AM
So basically get yourself vaccinated or get yourself tested very very regularly.

That seems reasonable enough to me? The people who choose not to get a Vaccine can make sure they keep themselves tested otherwise they are restricted in where they go. Not sure who pays for the tests?

You can be sure people will have to pay for their own tests, leaving them with little choice but to take the vaccines.

This passport won't be for a year or two. This will never end.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on February 13, 2021, 10:14:43 PM
What we know about India is that they haven't had the hugely restrictive lockdowns we have had for the past 7/8 months.

We know that India is a country with huge densely populated cities and their death rate is very, very low relative to their population from Covid.

This hasn't ages well  ::)

I wonder will, if he ever comes back discuss this
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TabClear

Quote from: BennyCake on April 23, 2021, 10:18:31 AM
Quote from: TabClear on April 23, 2021, 09:28:43 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 23, 2021, 08:53:30 AM
So basically get yourself vaccinated or get yourself tested very very regularly.

That seems reasonable enough to me? The people who choose not to get a Vaccine can make sure they keep themselves tested otherwise they are restricted in where they go. Not sure who pays for the tests?

You can be sure people will have to pay for their own tests, leaving them with little choice but to take the vaccines.

This passport won't be for a year or two. This will never end.

And that seems fair enough to me. One off vaccine option (accepting that one off might mean yearly etc) funded by government. If you choose not to avail of that because of your own views on the vaccine you bear the additional costs associated with maintaining your vaccine free lifestyle.

imtommygunn

Are there not some medical reasons you can't get vaccinated or am I mistaken on that?

GetOverTheBar

Can't get it if you are pregnant, those prone to allergic reactions, haven't been keeping up to date with the clotting thing but suppose there will be those too if you are likely.

Ed Ricketts

The craic with these domestic vaccine passports seems very overplayed, in this part of the world anyway.

The time when they would offer some utility is right now, but they won't be entertained until everyone has been offered the jab - which is fair enough.

Vaccine take up to date has been extremely high. If that continues down the age groups, the benefit of a vaccine passport system will be negligible. So negligible as to not be worth the hassle of riling up the hold outs.

Unless vaccine take up drops off a cliff in the under-30s age group, I'd be pretty confident we'll never be asked for a passport to get into a pub or a match.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

GetOverTheBar

Those who have got the vaccine, I take it, it's linked to your National Insurance number when you get it anyway?

JoG2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 23, 2021, 11:06:04 AM
Those who have got the vaccine, I take it, it's linked to your National Insurance number when you get it anyway?

Attached to your HCN

BennyCake

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on April 23, 2021, 10:40:32 AM
The craic with these domestic vaccine passports seems very overplayed, in this part of the world anyway.

The time when they would offer some utility is right now, but they won't be entertained until everyone has been offered the jab - which is fair enough.

Vaccine take up to date has been extremely high. If that continues down the age groups, the benefit of a vaccine passport system will be negligible. So negligible as to not be worth the hassle of riling up the hold outs.

Unless vaccine take up drops off a cliff in the under-30s age group, I'd be pretty confident we'll never be asked for a passport to get into a pub or a match.

You can be sure you'll be asked for a passport, even if every one in the world is vaccinated

JoG2

Quote from: BennyCake on April 23, 2021, 11:17:01 AM

You can be sure you'll be asked for a passport, even if every one in the world is vaccinated

How can you be sure?

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: JoG2 on April 23, 2021, 11:19:42 AM

How can you be sure?

He can't be. He's just making up things to be annoyed about. As if there aren't more enough real things in the world to be pissed off about...
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

JoG2

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on April 23, 2021, 11:31:04 AM

How can you be sure?

He can't be. He's just making up things to be annoyed about. As if there aren't more enough real things in the world to be pissed off about...

Baby eating Hollywood A-listers?  :)

BennyCake

How can you be sure?

Because by keeping it going is financial rewarding. Pharmaceuticals and technology companies will continue to profit from it. In turn, politicians will profit from it, like Matt Handjob who has shares in medical companies. No doubt many others are linked to the companies that are involved too.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on April 23, 2021, 01:11:42 PM

How can you be sure?

Because by keeping it going is financial rewarding. Pharmaceuticals and technology companies will continue to profit from it. In turn, politicians will profit from it, like Matt Handjob who has shares in medical companies. No doubt many others are linked to the companies that are involved too.

World Economic disasters, the worst unemployment for decades and now intelligent posters are claiming its all about making money!!

Its nearly as plausible as Mike Myers as Dr Evil taking over the pharmaceutical companies!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea